Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 670 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 670 of 985 FirstFirst ... 660 669 670 671 680 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,400 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who knew that a third world country with already limited healthcare is having issues dealing with an unhealthy population. After all the hysteria their death rates are a fraction of overall population.

I’ll say it again, 9 million die every year due to starvation around the world, a number that’s growing faster than Covid cases and deaths. No one gives a shit.
    The COVID-19 pandemic, alongside lockdowns and travel restrictions, has prevented movement of aid and greatly impacted food production. As a result, several famines are forecast, which the United Nations called a crisis "of biblical proportions",[145] or "hunger pandemic".[146] This pandemic, in conjunction with the 2019-20 locust infestations and several ongoing armed conflicts, is predicted to form the worst series of famines since the Great Chinese Famine, affecting between 10 and 20 percent of the global population in some way.[147][148]

My Ride
    ute

with already limited healthcare
    So healthcare capacity and how much you are beyond it matters now?

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    To answer your question I haven’t seen many covid models that were subsequently proven substantially correct, have you?

I think my views have always been relatively consistent through this in that I generally believe people should be free to determine their risk level and level of precautions they want to take. I don’t presume to tell what people to do and not to do, and resent people who want to impose their risk tolerance levels on me. If that’s a “yolo” mentality, I’ll leave that to you to judge.

Do you genuinely believe that at any point in the last year Canada has been “on the edge”? That seems a bit dramatic to me but to each their own.

Looking back at the response it’s going to be very interesting to compare the long term societal damage that has been done relative to the impact of the virus itself.
    This is definitely a "you vs. us" type of issue, and that's why I take some exception to it. You want to open up everyone to have them assess their own risk and what they want to tolerate, except the issue is that most people think "oh hey, its ok", until it isn't. The only people who are left to continually work under stringent procedures is then healthcare, and the likes of my job, which has been decimated by the stresses and the volumes to the point we have at times over 30% of the fleet shut down because we can't staff it. Hospital units are the same. Just because you don't see what its doing to healthcare and healthcare workers, doesn't mean nothing is happening. AHS is a very locked down organization.

YOLO mentality is what is keeping my family from seeing my infant son. Its keeping me as a healthcare worker from seeing anyone because of the risks I'm posed every shift. These risks will only continue to rise while individuals feel it won't happen to them, because I'm the one who will be back to seeing them in multiples daily so you can just go on with whatever you want to do.

I'm not being an ass, I'm just being realistic about what it does. So any which way you look at it, you're basically sacraficing a different group for your own interests. There needs to be a better plan, there needs to be a better focus and better vaccine rollout, but just throwing caution to the wind is the wrong answer.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    This is definitely a "you vs. us" type of issue, and that's why I take some exception to it. You want to open up everyone to have them assess their own risk and what they want to tolerate, except the issue is that most people think "oh hey, its ok", until it isn't. The only people who are left to continually work under stringent procedures is then healthcare, and the likes of my job, which has been decimated by the stresses and the volumes to the point we have at times over 30% of the fleet shut down because we can't staff it. Hospital units are the same. Just because you don't see what its doing to healthcare and healthcare workers, doesn't mean nothing is happening. AHS is a very locked down organization.

YOLO mentality is what is keeping my family from seeing my infant son. Its keeping me as a healthcare worker from seeing anyone because of the risks I'm posed every shift. These risks will only continue to rise while individuals feel it won't happen to them, because I'm the one who will be back to seeing them in multiples daily so you can just go on with whatever you want to do.

I'm not being an ass, I'm just being realistic about what it does. So any which way you look at it, you're basically sacraficing a different group for your own interests. There needs to be a better plan, there needs to be a better focus and better vaccine rollout, but just throwing caution to the wind is the wrong answer.
    So this has been hard on you? And you would prefer for this remain hard on you for years to come?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post

You are the only person making this an us versus you issue, but it sounds like you have issues with the nature and sacrifices of your job.

Don’t make that everyone else’s problem.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    So this has been hard on you? And you would prefer for this remain hard on you for years to come?
    It is going to be a relatively short period of time until vaccinations will have a dramatic impact.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It is going to be a relatively short period of time until vaccinations will have a dramatic impact.
    Seems the first round going into senior homes and healthcare workers is doing good for hospital numbers
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Seems the first round going into senior homes and healthcare workers is doing good for hospital numbers
    Too early to tell in AB but Israel's study (not peer reviewed yet) is very promising.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/15/healt...ntl/index.html

My Ride
    Edge

You are the only person making this an us versus you issue, but it sounds like you have issues with the nature and sacrifices of your job.

Don’t make that everyone else’s problem.
    It's always been an "us vs you" issue, has it not? Those who follow the restrictions and guidelines vs. those who don't; those who are vulnerable vs. those who aren't (and those who falsely think they aren't, which is a lot of people).

My Ride
    Edge

I’ll say it again, 9 million die every year due to starvation around the world, a number that’s growing faster than Covid cases and deaths. No one gives a shit.
    What do you think is the solution to starvation?

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    I mean, eating food is a pretty good start.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

lock downs and economic collapse

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I mean, eating food is a pretty good start.
    Of course, but that is like saying the way out of poverty is to have money. These are significantly complex issues with a million steps in between to make these things happen. That is what I am asking about.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Not incentivizing farmers to grow inedible biofuel crops would be a good start.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Make it so widespread that it's not an anomaly, it then ceases to be a meaningful statistic.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Stopped watching or reading the news... are we still on target to get all shot up by the fall? Not sure I can mentally take another winter of fucking nothing.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Stopped watching or reading the news... are we still on target to get all shot up by the fall? Not sure I can mentally take another winter of fucking nothing.
    Most news reporting is the sky is falling and the federal government is shitting the bed. Realistically though, Pfizer is still on track to hit its 4mm doses for Q1 it always said it'd give and announced they'll deliver more in Q2 than originally planned (now 10.8mm doses in Q2) so they look like they are doing well. Moderna is sluggish and probably won't hit their Q1 targets but hopefully they'll get production sorted out.

Official numbers are 84 million doses of Pfizer + Moderna by end of Sept, given that Canada only has ~27mm adults of eligible age and able to get the shot (excludes immunocompromised and allergic people) we're still on track to finish in late summer / fall. Any AZ or J+J shots that get approved will only move things forward.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Most news reporting is the sky is falling and the federal government is shitting the bed. Realistically though, Pfizer is still on track to hit its 4mm doses for Q1 it always said it'd give and announced they'll deliver more in Q2 than originally planned (now 10.8mm doses in Q2) so they look like they are doing well. Moderna is sluggish and probably won't hit their Q1 targets but hopefully they'll get production sorted out.

Official numbers are 84 million doses of Pfizer + Moderna by end of Sept, given that Canada only has ~27mm adults of eligible age and able to get the shot (excludes immunocompromised and allergic people) we're still on track to finish in late summer / fall. Any AZ or J+J shots that get approved will only move things forward.
    Assuming no further fuck ups, which I am hesitant to believe. Now if the states wrap their population up early and start exporting vaccines......
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Really, even if canada continues to fuck up the vaccination, if the USA and the rest of the world does a good job, there will be no justification for travel restrictions at that point.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Really, even if canada continues to fuck up the vaccination, if the USA and the rest of the world does a good job, there will be no justification for travel restrictions at that point.
    Bingo. We are insignificant in the whole scheme of things. Vaccination of Asian countries will be slow AF since they have way more antivaxxers then we do.

Page 670 of 985 FirstFirst ... 660 669 670 671 680 ... LastLast