Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 189 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 189 of 985 FirstFirst ... 179 188 189 190 199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just find it so fucking ironic that everyone here is onboard with "scientists know best!" when it comes to covid, but reducing our pollution with renewable resources and cutting down oil addictionbso our future selves have a fighting chance? Then the scientists are libtard quacks and "Greta's".
    I do believe in climate change and pivoting to renewable resources. It absolutely has to happen. It is changing around the world, but requires the support of the majority of people and governments. We also need the private sector to innovate with better products, which is happening but takes time. We must have viable, and cost comparable, alternatives.

The reality is that the same people who are upset at sacrificing income to save lives, are also the people who are much less likely to spend more to switch to renewable resources. Why would they sacrifice for future generations when they won't sacrifice for the current one?

I do feel that more COVID19 deniers are also climate change deniers, and probably in the "I don't get the flu shot because I never get sick" camp.

We are all in this together. We are all suffering through this together.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Latest stats for C19 deaths show a 'flattening of the curves' in many countries.

All epidemiological curves will have a peak, which can mean that the virus runs out of susceptible people to serve as vectors, social distancing measures are blunting the available transmission, a combination of the two former possibilities, or the country has run out of supplies for testing and can’t keep up with the new infections. Death and hospitalization rates help to figure out if the curve is really being flattened, when you can’t test everyone.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I do believe in climate change and pivoting to renewable resources. It absolutely has to happen. It is changing around the world, but requires the support of the majority of people and governments. We also need the private sector to innovate with better products, which is happening but takes time. We must have viable, and cost comparable, alternatives.

The reality is that the same people who are upset at sacrificing income to save lives, are also the people who are much less likely to spend more to switch to renewable resources. Why would they sacrifice for future generations when they won't sacrifice for the current one?

I do feel that more COVID19 deniers are also climate change deniers, and probably in the "I don't get the flu shot because I never get sick" camp.

Rep+

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I'm not arguing that the restrictions aren't helping, but another method would be the vulnerable self-isolated, while the rest of us continue life.
    "80 percent of the corona patients who are in the ICU are overweight"
    Source: https://nos.nl/artikel/2328804-veel-...ng-dieten.html

Are you staying that we should tell overweight people to stay home? Because they account for 80% of the people in the ICU in the Netherlands.

Obese adults account for 28.8% of the Alberta population according to StatsCan 2019. See how well the economy runs when we ask them to stay home, in addition to anyone over 65.
    https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/en/p...df?st=JfGVafV3

Name:  obese.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  41.0 KB
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 03-30-2020 at 10:17 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

"80 percent of the corona patients who are in the ICU are overweight"
    Source: https://nos.nl/artikel/2328804-veel-...ng-dieten.html

Are you staying that we should tell overweight people to stay home? Because they account for 80% of the people in the ICU in the Netherlands.

Obese adults account for 28.8% of the Alberta population according to StatsCan 2019. See how well the economy runs when we ask them to stay home, in addition to anyone over 65.
    https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/en/p...df?st=JfGVafV3

Name:  obese.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  41.0 KB
    Albertas economy has been home for a while now. What is WCS these days, $6/b? Hell the barrel probably costs more. It’s a good thing all these green jobs are out here as a replacement!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Albertas economy has been home for a while now. What is WCS these days, $6/b? Hell the barrel probably costs more. It’s a good thing all these green jobs are out here as a replacement!
    Exactly. That is why we must go nu-cu-lar. I would be a perfect fit. I even look like Homer Simpson.

I could not agree with you more. I am frankly disappointed in some people. We open up the economy right now, more people die. When enough people die, we shut down the economy again. Anyone who believes that this is overblown should go volunteer at the hospital because they are obviously immune to this disease.

- - - Updated - - -

No, just a cold corpse because it's clear that his business is more important than an anonymous grandma's life, whom he has never met.

Step back and think about this for a moment. How is it probable that so many intelligent doctors, scientists, nurses, and leaders around the world, with access to much more information, can decide that it is appropriate to partially shut down economies to save lives? Do people believe that they are *that much* smarter? That's delusional. If you are that much more intelligent, please feel free to save the world. We are all waiting.

When was the last time we have seen doctors around the world plead, with such passion, to have people stay home? To consider this an overblown topic is wildly ignorant with toxic egocentricity.

But feel free to carry on with whatever the fuck you want to do. What do I know? I'm just a janitor.
    What’s your plan for kids and students? Home schooling for all?
    Please carry on with your derp.

My Ride
    BB6

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Every time I pop into a hardware store or for food I know what I need and get out. It’s always the elderly who pander around browsing items like it’s a fucking flea market. They don’t care, they get their pension checks and let us working class worry about paying for the increased national debt. Their wrinkly asses are the most vulnerable and most likely to end up in ICU. My patience is running out.
    I live in a neighborhood with an older demographic. Stopped by the grocery store this past Saturday in the late-afternoon to see if it was empty enough to grab some items... not a chance. Parking lot was 75% full with lots of pensioners. Some were socializing and many weren't keeping good social distances. Had to nope out of there without even getting out of the car.

Same thing with one of my co-workers. His parents recently returned from a month long visit to India. Apparently they were asking to have their grand kids over during the 14 day quarantine period because they haven't seen them in such a long time... :smh: It's past the 14 day period and he still won't let his kids over to his parents house for fear of them getting COVID.

The elderly do not give a fuck about social distancing and limiting the spread
    Last edited by nicknolte; 03-30-2020 at 11:51 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    What’s your plan for kids and students? Home schooling for all?
    Please carry on with your derp.
    What's your plan when there are many more casualties without restrictions? See Italy, Iran, Spain, China from a month ago, UK in a couple of weeks, Louisiana in a week, NY in a few days, Brazil in a few weeks, and so on

In Wuhan, lessons were streamed online. It is not impossible.

Derp derp. Can't debate with facts so derp derp derp derp derp.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 03-31-2020 at 12:14 AM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well, relatively speaking we are all pretty lucky we can banter on here, still have means to put fake-SPAM on the table, and enjoy $1 piss beers.

Food for thought: An orphan's family photo is just called a selfie.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

[
    We're already doing that, by having everyone stay home. The economy would be better off if only 28.8% of people were WFH/self isolating.

Instead half the country is going to go bankrupt.

Older pensioners have to talk to communicate, several of them do not know how to thumb type. The main reason I do forums like this, is to immortalize my words, and because of fast-typing ability honed over decades. Literally faster to type than talk.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I would add that we are all trying to make sense of this situation together, and it's hard as hell to understand for most of us. Please, everyone, try to practice patience and understanding with each other now more than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I would add that we are all trying to make sense of this situation together, and it's hard as hell to understand for most of us. Please, everyone, try to practice patience and understanding with each other now more than ever.
    I just have one question, does anyone know what Covid-19 does to the bats? No one seems to want to address this.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

The janitor is largely right and, we're stuck in the economic situation we are stuck in regardless of anyone's opinion however it doesn't hurt to question if it was the right thing.

I can't believe that it's immoral to entertain the notion that every high-risk group should have been quarantined instead of everybody in the world. And no, that isn't discriminatory or elitist or ageist or anything else. I can only think that the course taken was the easiest one to enforce because you're going to get hundreds of thousands of overweight, borderline diabetic, high blood pressure middle-aged men and women who are delusional enough to think they're perfectly fit and healthy and zero risk so wouldn't listen. Then, we'd have chaos. If you lock everything down, it controls the majority of the stupid.

Nobody is denying the virus is a huge issue, and calling people fucking covid-19 "deniers" for simply questioning if there could have been another way makes you look like a dummy. Which you're not. And neither is Bob. You don't see him calling you a sheep though, which would be equally fucking retarded.

The situation we have, is the situation we have. Was It ultimately the best one for the world? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll never know for sure. Every position would have upsides and downsides, this is the one they went with and in typical current fashion, even questioning it makes you a social pariah. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 03-31-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    and in typical current fashion, even questioning it makes you a social pariah. Ridiculous.
    In all fairness, more than one person "questioning" the response to COVID also advocated for letting the virus run amok among our society. It's hard to separate those two points given that we know that an uncontrolled spread of COVID would be a death sentence for millions.

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I just have one question, does anyone know what Covid-19 does to the bats? No one seems to want to address this.
    I can imagine it does not much of anything. They basically have to survive long enough to leave a corpse that another animal (like a pig or a chicken) eats, and then passes through their system which then is eaten by a human. Supposedly this is from someone directly eating a bat - but it could just as easily be from someone eating a pig that somehow ate a bat, or maybe even bat droppings.

If there was a "Covid death event" for bats, its long since passed, and the survivors are now all mostly only carriers.

Which kind of takes China's gross meat market off the hook, because in the wild in mother nature - every creature ends up eating every other creature and plant imaginable every day. You can put as much of it in a barn as you want - but eventually something is going to eat something strange. Seriously, the wild pig that is dinner might have eaten twenty bats (that fell to the ground) in its life, and literally 1,000 other animals.

Average human eats 8 spiders inadvertently every year. Which is why if you live in the country you want a raised bed - with greased legs, and a net around it to keep insects out (especially as you start to hit the tropics)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-31-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    x10000
    Ultracrepidarian

What's your plan when there are many more casualties without restrictions? See Italy, Iran, Spain, China from a month ago, UK in a couple of weeks, Louisiana in a week, NY in a few days, Brazil in a few weeks, and so on

In Wuhan, lessons were streamed online. It is not impossible.

Derp derp. Can't debate with facts so derp derp derp derp derp.
    Facts what?

It's always winter somewhere on Earth. The virus is here FOREVER. Are you saying everybody should stay inside FOREVER because of some old people?

Have you asked what they would like? I'm sure they really appreciate being cooped up even more than usually are. Who are you to do decide what's best for them?

You keep posting anecdotal shit like you've discovered the media yesterday. Fuck man I know people that have died while running, I know people that have died of cancer in their 40s. I know people that died getting their head caved in from giant rocks blasting through their car's windshield.

Hey here's a 4 year old that went blind because of the flu:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/11/healt...ise/index.html

Hey look here's a 32 year old that died from the flu:

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/healthy-3...182509662.html

You have the critical thinking skills of a ferret.

Hey, alcohol is a proven carcinogen. Why the fuck are alcohol sales allowed?

Hell my parents are old, quite healthy and even they're like "We can die of a million things now at our age, what the hell is going on?"
    Last edited by suntan; 03-31-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Oh yeah, in regard to that asinine graph that only some doof on Reddit with Excel could conceive and actually think it's valid, here's some actual numbers

Name:  EUZKEM9WsAgNR_o.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  60.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 189 of 985 FirstFirst ... 179 188 189 190 199 ... LastLast