Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 120 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 120 of 985 FirstFirst ... 110 119 120 121 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh nice, looks like there is some cheese bits too.
    ya nasty

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    That doesnt seem to be the actual case, see my example above. Three people who were tested, none of which who had been to China or Italy (the first one had been in hawaii in february), none had been in contact with someone who tested positive, but had been in contact with some who had been TESTED with no results at the time.

Turns out, a 4th is being tested today or tomorrow, and this is after the First person has now come back as negative. yet still getting tested as a precaution.

Hopefully they've loosened their requirements then. I called them about a week ago. They wouldn't test me, as my overseas travel wasn't on their list of hotspots. I self isolated and was sick for about 5 days before it broke and I felt better. I guess I won't know what it was, but I do know I was on one of the planes posted on the most recent list.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Pretty bullshit what gymvmt is doing, laid off their staff but still charging people monthly fees and saying you can get a freeze but only if you call them or email them but they aren’t monitoring those communication channels.

Then GoodLife who I go to froze their payments and are even extending all paid memberships past their expiration dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Yeah, but it's private healthcare. That means it's super efficient.
    No this is as designed. This will motivate these people to better themselves so that they can be rich and afford quality private health care!!!

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

WestJet sent out a union memo today; they’re laying off 690 pilots and up to 250 at Encore.

Transat cut its fleet movements by 90%.

Porter has suspended all operations as of Friday, until June 1. Maintenance just got sent home from our Hangar.

Sunwing has suspended all operations, and has laid off their entire staff as of April 3.

AC has cut a ton of operations, but I can’t find specifics.

Harbour Air has more than 70% of their fleet out of the water, and has laid off all their seasonal pilots and First Officers.

The entire airline industry has just come to a crashing stop this week.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Pretty bullshit what gymvmt is doing, laid off their staff but still charging people monthly fees and saying you can get a freeze but only if you call them or email them but they aren’t monitoring those communication channels.

Then GoodLife who I go to froze their payments and are even extending all paid memberships past their expiration dates.
    If you email them, you get a ticket # back automatically. I emailed them to freeze my membership before the announcement came out so we'll see if it's actioned or not.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    WestJet sent out a union memo today; they’re laying off 690 pilots and up to 250 at Encore.

Porter has suspended all operations as of Friday, until June 1. Maintenance just got sent home from our Hangar.

Sunwing has suspended all operations, and has laid off their entire staff as of April 3.

Harbour Air has more than 70% of their fleet out of the water, and has laid off all their seasonal pilots and First Officers.

Jesus. My moms flying home with Swoop from Mexico on Sat, I hope they're still operating

My Ride
    06 S2000

Exclusively for members who continue with their regular dues, we will be offering a loyalty incentive. If these options do not work for you, we will freeze your dues at no cost. As you can imagine, the current volume of inquiries is extraordinary, and we will work to action your preference as quickly as possible. If you are billed before we can apply your account preferences, we will provide a refund as appropriate
    Not sure how I feel about this. I wonder what kind of loyalty incentive they think I would want, to continue to pay my dues.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. I wonder what kind of loyalty incentive they think I would want, to continue to pay my dues.
    Yeah, that was questionable wording.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Jesus. My moms flying home with Swoop from Mexico on Sat, I hope they're still operating
    I’d see if she can change that and get her home earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    The scary part about the high rate of testing in Alberta is that when you call 811 with concerns and request to be tested, they ask "have you been in China or Italy in the last two weeks", and "have you been in close contact with someone who has tested positive", and "are you showing all of the symptoms of covid".

If you don't answer in the affirmative to two, they won't test you, they tell you to self isolate if concerned.

Which begs the question, how many fkn Albertans have been in China or Italy and are showing symptoms? Are people lying to be tested, hence our high rest rate and low infection rate?

Frankly I don't believe any of the data to be accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Any testing program is going to skew or self-select. That's a statistical reality no matter how they do it. Over a longer time period, the results slowly get more representative of the general population.
    With this case, people lying in order to get tested because of the narrow parameters would give a more random sample and be more representative of cases in the total population. As testing has ramped up in Alberta the lack of random testing has been pointed out as something that will skew data and not paint the clearest picture of how it is spreading. This at a time when Alberta has some of the highest test rates in the world, and at least for a bit had the highest in North America (still might, haven't looked at the numbers in a couple days now), so the data might not be great, but is amazingly (or perhaps harrowingly) still some of the best we have.

However one of the reasons for the narrow testing parameters is that it is in part due to the margin of error the tests have for various symptom levels (higher chance of false negatives if done too early). So the wider your testing parameters, you do get a broader sample selection more in line with the general population, but you also sacrifice the accuracy of the testing by doing so. When tests and resources are in limited supply, they have erred on the side of accuracy of testing, which made sense when they felt they weren't into community spread (though that's another balancing act because it's harder to know if and when you're into community spread if your testing is narrow).

More testing available that allows those shortcomings in accuracy to be mitigated (if not effectively eliminated) then helps provide the most accurate data. As testing has increased, with the mitigation efforts implemented we should see both bigger increases in total cases as well as the positive to negative test ratio becoming smaller as well (able to test more people who are both infected and not infected, rather than rationing tests to those you presume are infected).

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

GoodLife must have much more cash than gymvmt they were offering online training for free as well as freezing dues and membership extensions.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

GoodLife must have much more cash than gymvmt they were offering online training for free as well as freezing dues and membership extensions.
    Companies that are doing well don’t need to change their name to GYMVNT
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Also companies that can afford an actual marketing company and not fucking mispell their new name.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    If you email them, you get a ticket # back automatically. I emailed them to freeze my membership before the announcement came out so we'll see if it's actioned or not.
    I emailed them last Saturday and got a reply saying they will look into it. Since then not sure if anyone is looking at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    Military will be called in if there is a need for extra truckers, many of them are capable.

Also:

"The Imperial College team plugged infection and death rates from China/Korea/Italy into epidemic modeling software and ran a simulation: what happens if the US does absolutely nothing -- if we treat COVID-19 like the flu, go about our business, and let the virus take its course?
    Here's what would happen: 80% of Americans would get the disease. 0.9% of them would die. Between 4 and 8 percent of all Americans over the age of 70 would die. 2.2 million Americans would die from the virus itself.
    It gets worse. People with severe COVID-19 need to be put on ventilators. 50% of those on ventilators still die, but the other 50% live. But in an unmitigated epidemic, the need for ventilators would be 30 times the number available in the US. Nearly 100% of these patients die.
    So the actual death toll from the virus would be closer to 4 million Americans -- in a span of 3 months. 8-15% of all Americans over 70 would die. "

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...643357696.html
    I fail to see the problem there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I fail to see the problem there.
    You can spot the GenZ folks who are good at math when they see those death statistics and aren't worried. It's pretty dystopian, but ten years from now, the average GenZ will be a lot better off if we have mas casualties of the 70+ demographic this year.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

its actually GYMMVMT (Gym Vomit)

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post

Porter is surprising, were US routes a big part of their business? Transat/Sunwing...did they have anything that wasn't international?

Page 120 of 985 FirstFirst ... 110 119 120 121 130 ... LastLast