Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 262 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 262 of 985 FirstFirst ... 252 261 262 263 272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone who likes digging through the numbers, NYC has a pretty good website. Probably reasonably credible too. Nice to see the deaths/day is going WAAAAY down.
    https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page
    Name:  Covid NYC deaths per day.PNG
Views: 405
Size:  34.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I think I've seen enough graphs and charts in the past two months to last me a life time.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    I know someone with a parent there. Hope it's quickly contained. There were a surprising number of care facilities listed in the last update.

My mom is in AgeCare Seton. There have been several staff on multiple floors tested positive. So far no residents. The *seem* to be handling it pretty well so far. Fingers crossed.
    358 ID'd connected to Cargill. Not all work there, workers brought it home to family.

What led to Alberta's biggest outbreak? Cargill meat plant's hundreds of COVID-19 cases
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...shaw-1.5537377

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    They were probably those reused masks like what @Xtrema posted.
    If they don't come in a box, it's substandard masks. Lots of people are bitching about them on Amazon on one seller who has a best selling tag on their posting.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ultracrepidarian

Americans are so dumb. Saw this today:

"From an Alabama ER Nurse who flew to NY to help:

For those of you who have texted, called, sent PMs... yes it is just like TV. I'm not working in the ER like I originally signed up for. The hospital I'm at went from one to six ICUs and they are being staffed by anyone with an RN license... no ICU experience. So because I have ICU experience I was needed there. Today I was in a unit with 20 patients. Every single one of them was intubated. 2 died today. One was 39, one was 40. Neither had underlying health conditions. As soon as we got the bodies to the makeshift morgue (18 wheeler)... we got 2 more vented patients from the ER. It never stops. I'm aware that Trump is saying the curve has shifted but it damn sure didn't feel like that today. One of the sickest patients on the unit I'm on is a nurse at that hospital. He will die alone with nobody but his fellow nurses by his side. This is cowboy nursing. Critical care drips being run on dial a flow tubing. Patients intubated and on 30 year old transfer vents. All we have on our unit is COVID. When we code a COVID patient we do one round of CPR and drugs. That's it. The physicians are scared to go in the rooms. I saw respiratory therapy once. When the patients died we just left them intubated and turned the vents off. There is no extubation at all. We are all entirely too exposed. Yes I have 1 N95 for the week. One gown, one face shield, one set of shoe covers, and one bonnet. I'll get a new set next week. The only thing I change are my gloves and my regular face mask to protect my precious N95. Every floor of my hospital has COVID... even NICU. Some instances, both parent of the COVID positive infant are already dead. Central Alabama will not be able to handle this. There are more than 20 hospitals in NYC... not near as many in my home area. Stay home. No matter what you hear in the news, stay home. Wear your mask no matter how dumb you feel. Wash your hands. Clean your house. Do not touch your face. There are so many dying people up here. I knew what I was coming into but being up here and seeing it is absolutely heartbreaking. Thanks for reading this far."

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    Americans are so dumb. Saw this today:

"From an Alabama ER Nurse who flew to NY to help:

For those of you who have texted, called, sent PMs... yes it is just like TV. I'm not working in the ER like I originally signed up for. The hospital I'm at went from one to six ICUs and they are being staffed by anyone with an RN license... no ICU experience. So because I have ICU experience I was needed there. Today I was in a unit with 20 patients. Every single one of them was intubated. 2 died today. One was 39, one was 40. Neither had underlying health conditions. As soon as we got the bodies to the makeshift morgue (18 wheeler)... we got 2 more vented patients from the ER. It never stops. I'm aware that Trump is saying the curve has shifted but it damn sure didn't feel like that today. One of the sickest patients on the unit I'm on is a nurse at that hospital. He will die alone with nobody but his fellow nurses by his side. This is cowboy nursing. Critical care drips being run on dial a flow tubing. Patients intubated and on 30 year old transfer vents. All we have on our unit is COVID. When we code a COVID patient we do one round of CPR and drugs. That's it. The physicians are scared to go in the rooms. I saw respiratory therapy once. When the patients died we just left them intubated and turned the vents off. There is no extubation at all. We are all entirely too exposed. Yes I have 1 N95 for the week. One gown, one face shield, one set of shoe covers, and one bonnet. I'll get a new set next week. The only thing I change are my gloves and my regular face mask to protect my precious N95. Every floor of my hospital has COVID... even NICU. Some instances, both parent of the COVID positive infant are already dead. Central Alabama will not be able to handle this. There are more than 20 hospitals in NYC... not near as many in my home area. Stay home. No matter what you hear in the news, stay home. Wear your mask no matter how dumb you feel. Wash your hands. Clean your house. Do not touch your face. There are so many dying people up here. I knew what I was coming into but being up here and seeing it is absolutely heartbreaking. Thanks for reading this far."

At least RNs are making upwards of $12k/week, allegedly.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Ameeerica keepin' it real
    Name:  merlin_171735504_68afee8c-6704-44a8-9f9d-7817ef379f9b-superJumbo.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  109.5 KB
    I want that shirt!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I want that shirt!
    Go to any gas station in murica you'll find.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I'm starting to sense a small shift in the public sentiment regarding all things Covid-19. Nobody is denying it's presence but it seems like there are whispers of "I don't fucking care anymore". The warmer weather seems to have made the whispers just a little louder, I saw plenty of groups of 5-10 out and about this weekend. Granted most of the groups were teenagers but the parents of those kids must have some idea? The civil disobedience is obvious in parts of the states and I don't know that we'll get all the way to that here (we're too polite) but it sure feels like the winds have shifted just a little.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    I'm starting to sense a small shift in the public sentiment regarding all things Covid-19. Nobody is denying it's presence but it seems like there are whispers of "I don't fucking care anymore". The warmer weather seems to have made the whispers just a little louder, I saw plenty of groups of 5-10 out and about this weekend. Granted most of the groups were teenagers but the parents of those kids must have some idea? The civil disobedience is obvious in parts of the states and I don't know that we'll get all the way to that here (we're too polite) but it sure feels like the winds have shifted just a little.
    I was out for a drive yesterday, and say five different park parking lots that were so full people were parking on roadways and the grass. Saw a picnic in a church parking lot too.

I'm letting my kids play unsupervised in the neighborhood. I assume someone will arrest them eventually. Do they have kids jail?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I assume someone will arrest them eventually. Do they have kids jail?
    Someone will report it and do the Reich thing. Can't have a bunch of jew....err....kids running around the neighbourhood, do your part, let big brother know!

I was washing the cars yesterday and a neighbour came over and we chatted for a bit, staying 10m apart. No more than 15min later a local FB SJW Karen posts about people being too close. Fucking Nazi sympathisers with nothing better to do.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Someone will report it and do the Reich thing. Can't have a bunch of jew....err....kids running around the neighbourhood, do your part, let big brother know!

I was washing the cars yesterday and a neighbour came over and we chatted for a bit, staying 10m apart. No more than 15min later a local FB SJW Karen posts about people being too close. Fucking Nazi sympathisers with nothing better to do.
    Your first mistake is friending the whack jobs on Facebook. I’m sure lots of people complain about what I do. But I am blissfully ignorant.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I went for a drive with the GF yesterday to scope out potential areas we’d like to buy in and there were tons of groups of people having drinks and sitting around their front yards.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Some guy in Britain got in a Bunch of shit for going for a drive to get a break from his wife and kids. Apparently that’s not “essential” there. Article also brought up that he drove a bmw about 27 times in the article which I always find funny, probably a 116d too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pull-BMW.html

Point of my story, apparently we have it good by being allowed to go for a drive.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I went for a drive with the GF yesterday to scope out potential areas we’d like to buy in and there were tons of groups of people having drinks and sitting around their front yards.
    My neighbors constantly have family that isn't living with them going in and out over the weekend, dropping kids off, picking them up, etc. One would move their cars out of the garage and have a group session drinking beers in the garage with door open (I guess instead of sitting inside the house??).

People are strange. I like observing this weird behavior.

My Ride
    ute

Some guy in Britain got in a Bunch of shit for going for a drive to get a break from his wife and kids. Apparently that’s not “essential” there. Article also brought up that he drove a bmw about 27 times in the article which I always find funny, probably a 116d too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pull-BMW.html

Point of my story, apparently we have it good by being allowed to go for a drive.
    We're lucky that we don't have the UKs population density.

My Ride
    Silverado

It's hilarious how people have been shaming us for having sprawl and low density and single vehicle commuting but these are exactly the things that kept us safe in this pandemic.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    We're lucky that we don't have the UKs population density.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

One day society will figure out that the solution to literally all of our problems isn’t cramming more people into ever tighter spaces, but rather that we need less people.

But that’s a topic for another day.

fact.

Page 262 of 985 FirstFirst ... 252 261 262 263 272 ... LastLast