Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 900 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 900 of 985 FirstFirst ... 890 899 900 901 910 ... LastLast
Results 17,981 to 18,000 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it a significant increase though? Or is the percentage per case dropping? With cases being up hospitalization can still be up while the numbers are going down.
    with the limits on testing right now and the amount of unreported positive cases it is hard to tell...

but i think hospitalization has tripled in the last week... so not a good trend in Ontario.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Be interesting to me when AHS releases the next update. Hospitalization per thousand infections is absolutely dropping, which is a great sign, but hard for governments to cheer that when hospitals might fill up in any case.
    that means nothing anymore... with self rapid testing that is not reported and you can show up in the hospital positive.... and no one would know till you show up...

our piles of shit report tomorrow so we will get a state of the nation and dont expect it to be pretty,,,

i cant wait... best xmas ever!!!!!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I agree we aren't getting the full case counts now. Which is why case numbers are increasingly meaningless. I think we can trust the hospitalization and ICU numbers to be pretty accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    you can show up in the hospital positive.... and no one would know till you show up...
    Good. That's how it should be. Positive cases of healthy people mean nothing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's hard to fault governments for the current situation. Restrictions are not working for omicron. Everyone is going to get it. And more frequent reporting is not going to help anything or improve anyone's life.
    At this point we could go to monthly reporting and it would have zero effect.

Even though I personally enjoy statistics.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Ontario reported 248 in ICU today. So still not a big deal to me based on that number, and their population. However, they were at 178 or something last Monday so that is a significant increase. I did not read anywhere on how many of the 248 were Vac/Un-Vac
    I don’t think anyone other than Alberta splits out the data between vaccinated or not. Ontarios numbers also include people who were at hospital and caught Covid there. The explanation is that it’s important because the level of care changes once they’re Covid positive.

The only data I’ve been able to find is in the US, where new hospitalizations specifically from Covid is sitting at 75% unvaccinated.

I say let her rip, and let triage protocols manage who gets care or not. That’s the PC way of not treating unvaccinated by choice.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

#leterrip2022. I'm getting hats made

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I think we can trust the hospitalization and ICU numbers to be pretty accurate.
    The positive case count never WAS accurate, since so many people can contract the virus but remain asymptomatic. Like most kids, as an example. Now that they've changed the rules for who gets tested for free and who does not, along with a spread rate which is entirely too large and fast to keep track of, the positive case count means virtually nothing at this point.

As you say, we need to measure the hospitalization rate to try to glean any relevant information now. We can see that despite a huge uptick in cases recently, the hospitalization rate remains relatively low and the death rate far lower than it was in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th waves. We can safely largely attribute this discrepancy to the vaccine, but I think that Omicron being a less deadly strain also plays a factor here.

Ultimately, the stress on the hospitals is the only data set that matters anymore. As long as we don't overwhelm the medical system, I think the days of caring about those who chose not to get the vaccine has long passed, and even the fear of getting the virus seems to have diminished for most as time goes on and people have vaccinated themselves. Personally, by this point, I'm really only concerned about my well-being as it pertains to having to take a week off work if I get infected again rather than any kind of fear of serious symptoms.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 01-04-2022 at 09:16 AM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

^^ hinshaw even said in the last presser that felt that actual case count was 4x higher then reported in wave 2 and 3 and 6x high with delta…

My family has been sick the last week with omicron systems and all the rapid tests we have taken have been negative. I know other people that have tested negative on rapid and pcr and people they sleep with are positive… I don’t think any testing is that accurate anymore …

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I don't believe the rapid tests were ever effective for symptomatic people, only for the rest?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If the whole family is sick, why bother testing?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

If the whole family is sick, why bother testing?
    Some has to get groceries… and we got sick on different days

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Good. That's how it should be. Positive cases of healthy people mean nothing.
    I'd argue the opposite. If the entire province were tested to find out they have, or had, Covid, they'd stop being so chicken shit about it and return to pre-covid lifestyles. We're all getting it at some point in our lives anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I'd argue the opposite. If the entire province were tested to find out they have, or had, Covid, they'd stop being so chicken shit about it and return to pre-covid lifestyles. We're all getting it at some point in our lives anyways.
    If you're still scared of covid through some kind of neuroses or due to a specialized medical condition, that's your problem now. Time to stop expecting society to protect you. Either get over it, or if you have legitimate medical fears take care of your own self and your own affairs. You've had two years to improve your overall health or in things that you have no control over, to modify your own existence to your comfort level. Any additional expectation of pandering is nothing but selfish at this point.

I can feel the neg reps a comin'.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

. Any additional expectation of pandering is nothing but selfish at this point.
    You've just described most of the population these days, even pre-pandemic. "I don't like it, so the government should do something about it"
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    If I had the choice between penetrations, I’d take the needles over a brain swab. Vaccines are far less uncomfortable.

If you're still scared of covid through some kind of neuroses or due to a specialized medical condition, that's your problem now. Time to stop expecting society to protect you. Either get over it, or if you have legitimate medical fears take care of your own self and your own affairs. You've had two years to improve your overall health or in things that you have no control over, to modify your own existence to your comfort level. Any additional expectation of pandering is nothing but selfish at this point.

I can feel the neg reps a comin'.

It was always selfish

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    ^^ hinshaw even said in the last presser that felt that actual case count was 4x higher then reported in wave 2 and 3 and 6x high with delta…

My family has been sick the last week with omicron systems and all the rapid tests we have taken have been negative. I know other people that have tested negative on rapid and pcr and people they sleep with are positive… I don’t think any testing is that accurate anymore …
    I know of someone who did a couple at home tests because he was feeling very ill. Negative x3. Got tested by ahs. Positive.
    False sense of security going on

But also if you're feeling sick, stay home. No one wants your cold either.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Yah someone in my family got a swab, then 6 hours later tested negative on at home, next day their swab was positive. I did an at home and got a positive but I had symptoms. Thought it was just a holiday hangover from drinking too many days in a row though I won’t lie lol

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Mandatory negative at home test prior to leaving your house for all. Results linked to big brother. Only way to be sure.

Page 900 of 985 FirstFirst ... 890 899 900 901 910 ... LastLast