Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 345 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 345 of 985 FirstFirst ... 335 344 345 346 355 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    4x4

But now that the global supply is stabilizing, AHS says Alberta is returning to nasal pharyngeal swabs, “the gold standard for patient collection and testing of respiratory viruses.” https://trib.al/keaJ6Jd

testing #'s about to plummet

My Ride
    NC1

Have you been tested is gonna mean something else in the dating scene now lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But now that the global supply is stabilizing, AHS says Alberta is returning to nasal pharyngeal swabs, “the gold standard for patient collection and testing of respiratory viruses.” https://trib.al/keaJ6Jd

testing #'s about to plummet
    Apparently pharmacists can do covid test now.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Apparently pharmacists can do covid test now.
    Only asymptomatic testing. If you have symptoms you still need to call 811 or do the online assessment and go to the drive through testing

How does “asymptomatic testing” work? Why would someone go get tested if they aren’t feeling symptoms? is the government encouraging people to get tested just for the hell of it even if you aren’t sick? Or is it more for people that see a lot of clients every day and they should be getting tested in case they are asymptomatic?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    How does “asymptomatic testing” work? Why would someone go get tested if they aren’t feeling symptoms? is the government encouraging people to get tested just for the hell of it even if you aren’t sick? Or is it more for people that see a lot of clients every day and they should be getting tested in case they are asymptomatic?
    More or less. For the province they get additional data on how common the virus is without symptoms as well as hopefully catch a few cases that could prevent a future outbreak. (For example the one case that turned into 34 at the east village condo building). For the individual it's piece of mind. Perhaps you are going to see your grand parents soon, you could go get tested 3 or 4 days before just to be safe. Or perhaps you are walking in the grocery store and someone sneeze towards you while walking by and now you are concerned so you get tested 4 or 5 days later just to know.

Also if you find out someone you know caught covid and you've seen them recently but not enough to be considered a closer contact, you could go get tested still just to be safe.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    IMO more data in this scenario is helpful for a variety of reasons. The reality is we don't know enough about about this thing and are kind of 'making do' with what experts know thus far. Having a more precise measurement on how much the population is actually infected as a whole is useful.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    IMO more data in this scenario is helpful for a variety of reasons. The reality is we don't know enough about about this thing and are kind of 'making do' with what experts know thus far. Having a more precise measurement on how much the population is actually infected as a whole is useful.
    Does the data actually matter anymore?

I mean years and years working behind masks/respirators as PPE. Apparently this whole time I should be dead from CO2 poisoning how they've covered up the daily deaths of healthcare workers this past decades too

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

This article is great and shows opinions of both sides of the 'testing en masse' discussion.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...g-the-war-cvd/
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    That’s why I said “vibe”

You really do miss social cues often, don’t you?
    okay? It's nearly impossible to figure out tone or cues off text. Also my comment wasn't an attack on yours.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Only asymptomatic testing. If you have symptoms you still need to call 811 or do the online assessment and go to the drive through testing
    And it's a throat swab or? Did you get it done? How long for results?

With the athletes now catching it I am really curious how it's affecting them. Other than getting beat up on the field, they are fit and healthy.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    And it's a throat swab or? Did you get it done? How long for results?

With the athletes now catching it I am really curious how it's affecting them. Other than getting beat up on the field, they are fit and healthy.
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/5/6...ma-coronavirus

“The first four or five days, my doctor called and asked me to put on a mask and walk around the block to see if I would experience shortness of breath,” Moraes said. “I laughed. ‘Are you crazy? I’m an athlete my entire life, I have this disease for four days and you’re talking shortness of breath? You’re crazy.’ I hang up the phone, changed my clothes. I was already breathing heavy when I walked up the stairs. ‘My God, what is this?’ Man, I was so out of breath I had to sit down. I didn’t even walk around the block [laughs].”

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post

It depends: is your attitude "fuck everyone else"?
    It's laughable how poor your arguments are. Literally every bit of reasoning you use to slight anyone that doesn't agree with your preconceived notions about what is right or wrong(despite what all the data shows us), can all be applied to the complete opposite side of the coin. Someone is a douchebag for not wearing a mask? You can say the exact same thing about someone expecting everyone else to wear a mask because of them. Selfish and ignorant to not wear a mask? Also pretty selfish and ignorant to expect the entire world to do something specifically for little ol you. It's far more of a "fuck everyone else" attitude to expect every living person to wear some mask for the sake of a couple potentially at risk people.

I'm 100% fine with wearing a mask if that is the rule we deem needs to be in place to open things up and get back to life. But I'm not jumping on the fear bandwagon that you nutjobs are on for something that has an average age of death higher than average human life expectancy. Plain and simple, it's a matter of personal responsibility. If you feel personally at risk, you should have the responsibility to protect yourself if your government will not mandate what you feel is a requirement based on your complete lack of understanding. It is batshit insane to assume for even one second that you can control every other persons actions as opposed to your own, for the sake of something that only matters to you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It's laughable how poor your arguments are. Literally every bit of reasoning you use to slight anyone that doesn't agree with your preconceived notions about what is right or wrong(despite what all the data shows us), can all be applied to the complete opposite side of the coin. Someone is a douchebag for not wearing a mask? You can say the exact same thing about someone expecting everyone else to wear a mask because of them. Selfish and ignorant to not wear a mask? Also pretty selfish and ignorant to expect the entire world to do something specifically for little ol you. It's far more of a "fuck everyone else" attitude to expect every living person to wear some mask for the sake of a couple potentially at risk people.

I'm 100% fine with wearing a mask if that is the rule we deem needs to be in place to open things up and get back to life. But I'm not jumping on the fear bandwagon that you nutjobs are on for something that has an average age of death higher than average human life expectancy. Plain and simple, it's a matter of personal responsibility. If you feel personally at risk, you should have the responsibility to protect yourself if your government will not mandate what you feel is a requirement based on your complete lack of understanding. It is batshit insane to assume for even one second that you can control every other persons actions as opposed to your own, for the sake of something that only matters to you personally.
    This thinking is the problem. Too inconvenient to think about someone other than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    This thinking is the problem. Too inconvenient to think about someone other than yourself.
    No, not even close. The problem is you people that refuse to acknowledge any of the stats or basic reality. The more you want to prolong the inevitable, the more at risk you put the already at risk population. If you cared about these vulnerable people as much as you claim to, you would do what was right and start advocating to isolate them for their own protection, and get this damn virus circulated through society as quickly as possible. And that's the irony of this argument, you're mad at other people for saying "Fuck everyone else, I'm going to do what is morally right", while you say to yourself "Fuck everyone else, my fear is more important than other peoples lives" But whatever, it's a free country, so go ahead and continue to act in the most selfish and ignorant manner possible. If you quit throwing stones in a glass house while doing so it would be appreciated.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I am too much of a douche canoe to wear a piece of fabric over my face when I go to the liquor store. Here's a logically fallacious argument that attempts to justify my selfishness while I deride you for thinking that people should have some common courtesy and maybe give a shit or two about other people.

Also, I own a Katana.
    It may not be what you wrote, but it's what everyone else will read.

My Ride
    Bicycle

No, not even close. The problem is you people that refuse to acknowledge any of the stats or basic reality. The more you want to prolong the inevitable, the more at risk you put the already at risk population. If you cared about these vulnerable people as much as you claim to, you would do what was right and start advocating to isolate them for their own protection, and get this damn virus circulated through society as quickly as possible. And that's the irony of this argument, you're mad at other people for saying "Fuck everyone else, I'm going to do what is morally right", while you say to yourself "Fuck everyone else, my fear is more important than other peoples lives" But whatever, it's a free country, so go ahead and continue to act in the most selfish and ignorant manner possible. If you quit throwing stones in a glass house while doing so it would be appreciated.
    Your way of thinking only works if herd immunity is validated. Early study is infection will only buys you 8 weeks, not 2 years like SARS or MERS. So letting it spread will perpetually feed it and kill more as it goes. And antibody study are starting but probably won't be validated for another 6-8 months.

Houston ICU is now at 100%. Texas and Florida is slowly closing down again. Texas governor now admitted he opened too early.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/texa...ngerous-2020-5

The problem is we have not starved this thing out and we have not switch any tactics to allow economy to safely continues and just go back to old ways. People need to realize until vaccine is found and have 70-80% people shot with it, the world before Feb 2020 is gone.

I think the only argument left is COVID 19 doesn't give you permanent damage (again not known) and just let it spread like common cold/flu.

And the policies that we come up with will have to deal with COVID 21, 23 or 25 down the road. I think this one is nasty but it's not the worst it can be yet.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-28-2020 at 09:21 AM.

My Ride
    Model S

He’s also making the fallacy of comparing to death rates. This ignores a whole list of important factors, such as the capacity of the health care system that we all rely on, and the fact that many people who don’t die, including young people, are still getting long term organ damage, including lungs, brain, heart, and kidney. And a lot of other weird shit that isn’t yet understood

So yeah, you’re basically a reckless asshole.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Idk how he can completely ignore the fact that we don't know what they long term effects from Corona are as well.

Page 345 of 985 FirstFirst ... 335 344 345 346 355 ... LastLast