Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 385 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 385 of 985 FirstFirst ... 375 384 385 386 395 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol I saw the opposite last night. Everyone had masks except for one senior hacking up a storm. Needless to say, full 180.
    Same, Superstore at dearfoot meadows 2 days ago I'd say ~60% mask usage by customers and I think all but one cashier had masks on

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Lol I saw the opposite last night. Everyone had masks except for one senior hacking up a storm. Needless to say, full 180.
    We should burn these people like they used to burn witches. Problem solved?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    On the train, mask compliance is nearly 100% for Asians, less than 50% for whites and 0% for Natives. Today a fight broke out among a group of Natives, started on the train right next to me and spilled outside.

Yeah I may continue wearing masks indefinitely.
    But how could problems like this still exist? Have they not heard all of Justin's apologies and that the Edmonton CFL team has changed their name?
    I know that it's my fault - I just need help to understand why.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Saw this today and found it interesting ... goes against the lets infect everyone / herd mentality crowd. Then again logic isn't really their strong suite to begin with.

78% of COVID-19 patients show signs of heart damage after recovery

The authors studied cardiac imaging results of 100 adult patients included in the University Hospital Frankfurt COVID-19 Registry. All patients had confirmed cases of COVID-19 but passed a swab test after at least two weeks in isolation. They were recruited for this analysis between April to June 2020.

The team tracked patients who had experienced a wide variety of outcomes after their diagnosis. Just two of the 100 patients had to undergo mechanical ventilation, for example, and oxygen supplementation was required in 28 patients.

All participants underwent cardiac MR imaging using “standardized and unified” protocols on 3T MRI scanners. The cohort was compared with 50 healthy control patients and 57 risk factor-matched patients.

Overall, the team found that 78 patients had abnormal imaging findings. Findings included raised myocardial native T1 (73 patients), raised myocardial native T2 (60 patients), myocardial late gadolinium enhancement (32 patients) and pericardial enhancement (22 patients). Three patients underwent a biopsy after severe abnormalities were detected; “active lymphocytic inflammation” was present in these patients, but “no evidence of any viral genome.”
    News Article:
    https://www.cardiovascularbusiness.c...amage-recovery

Original study:
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916

Results Of the 100 included patients, 53 (53%) were male, and the median (interquartile range [IQR]) age was 49 (45-53) years. The median (IQR) time interval between COVID-19 diagnosis and CMR was 71 (64-92) days. Of the 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19, 67 (67%) recovered at home, while 33 (33%) required hospitalization. At the time of CMR, high-sensitivity troponin T (hsTnT) was detectable (3 pg/mL or greater) in 71 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 (71%) and significantly elevated (13.9 pg/mL or greater) in 5 patients (5%). Compared with healthy controls and risk factor–matched controls, patients recently recovered from COVID-19 had lower left ventricular ejection fraction, higher left ventricle volumes, higher left ventricle mass, and raised native T1 and T2. A total of 78 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 (78%) had abnormal CMR findings, including raised myocardial native T1 (n = 73), raised myocardial native T2 (n = 60), myocardial late gadolinium enhancement (n = 32), and pericardial enhancement (n = 22).

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    Went to Superstore last night for baby stuff. I saw 1 senior wearing a mask, 1 employee wearing a mask, and 1 younger lady wearing mask. No F's were given by anyone else. I was surprised honestly. From full out PPE being worn by majority of people just 2 months ago to this.
    This is totally based on time of day. People who are ultracautious do all their shopping before the masses have a chance to grope all the produce, which means first thing in the morning. All the people who don't care do evening.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Completely anecdotal, but masks being worn in BVS seem to have trended closer to 50% from 20% a week or so ago.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    They don't have mandatory masks at BVS? SEC has had mandatory masks and thermal scans for months.
    Nope, which is surprising since there was a confirmed case in BVS II two weeks ago.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Saw this today and found it interesting ... goes against the lets infect everyone / herd mentality crowd. Then again logic isn't really their strong suite to begin with.
    Wake up. That's just MSM trying to scare you into buying more TPs and turns you into secret Muslims with face covering.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Made by Marcus is on quarantine

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

News Article:
    https://www.cardiovascularbusiness.c...amage-recovery

Original study:
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916
    Anyone here a cardiologist who can speak to the appropriate level of concern over this? What I mean is, is it serious or are the majority of the affects of little to no consequence in the big picture?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Anyone here a cardiologist who can speak to the appropriate level of concern over this? What I mean is, is it serious or are the majority of the affects of little to no consequence in the big picture?
    Layman term:
    78 patients showed structural changes to their hearts, 76 had evidence of a biomarker signaling cardiac injury typically found after a heart attack, and 60 had signs of inflammation.
    How bad? Probably TBD. This is only 1st of such study.

The other study, which analyzed autopsy results from 39 people who died early in the pandemic and whose average age was 85, found high levels of the virus in the hearts of 24 patients.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/...-heart-damage/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-28-2020 at 02:02 PM.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/florida...hini-1.5042169

Isn't that the american way though? Spend it on what you want before you have to play the unlucky lottery. Arguably, there is only so much Vitamin D and masks a person could buy.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Our economy needs dramatically higher birth and death rates anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Our economy needs dramatically higher birth and death rates anyway.
    What do you suggest? More immigration? Let Covid go wild?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/bank-o...ding-1.5042848

Shortage of $50 bills. Very strange how this pandemic is affecting money systems.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/bank-o...ding-1.5042848

Shortage of $50 bills. Very strange how this pandemic is affecting money systems.
    If anyone wants some $50 bills I’m willing to trade the ones I have for 3 $20 bills.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/chic...-shortage.html

Coins I understand because if the US dollar all of a sudden becomes worthless (or unattainable for some reason) at least every american should have a pound and a half worth of cupronickel. Realistically, many bankruptcies you literally get pennies or less on the dollar owed.

If the stock market hits somewhere near zero, then every retirement savings, and most banks tied to it will revert to zero dollar values. In which case, holding anything at all - even a tin of tuna will be worth more than holding a digital wallet or paper dollar. Lesson of history that is forgotten by many.

Debt is simply a "promise" to pay in the future. Will the US break that promise? So far not, because they just pile on more debt.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-29-2020 at 04:10 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I’m not a cardiologist. I have some familiarity with the MRI techniques used and the bio markers they mention in the paper. This study uses both biochemical markers of cardiac cell injury and cardiac MRI. For the cases demonstrating the most severe MRI abnormalities, they proceeded with endocardial biopsy to evaluate the cardiac tissue directly in order to confirm the imaging findings.

I will just quote the passage I found of interest relating to your question: LGE = late gadolinium enhancement.

“Nonischemic patterns of myocardial LGE are mainly observed in patients with acute or healed myocarditis and have been strongly linked to reduced outcome.23,24,30,31 Increased native T1 measures represent diffuse myocardial fibrosis and/or edema, whereas native T2 is specific for edema.18 Thus, patients with increased native T1 and T2 measures have an active inflammatory process, while those with increased native T1 and normal native T2 measures have healed with some residual diffuse myocardial damage (although native T1 measures can be increased in a variety of pathophysiology, as many different pathways lead to diffuse fibrosis, including hypertension or genetic cardiomyopathies). Yet the combination with histological findings as well as the increase relative to age-matched, sex-matched, and risk factor–matched controls makes a COVID-19–related inflammatory process as the underlying pathophysiology highly likely.“

So from the MRI findings, 73% had evidence for cardiac fibrosis (scar), +/- edema (swelling of the cardiac muscle). 60% showed active inflammation even 2-3 months after diagnosis. 32% have nonischemic pattern of LGE which has a negative long term outcome when we see this same pattern in patients scanned in the past for other causes of myocarditis. At this point, there is evidence for reduced cardiac function as these patients also have reduced ejection fraction (how much blood is pumped out with each cardiac contraction).

Scarring is permanent. We don’t know how the cardiac muscle will heal in the other patients, or if the increased T1 signal they see is only related to active inflammation or how much of it will lead to a permanent fibrosis over time. They will have to do another study further out to see if things normalize.
    Last edited by xrayvsn; 07-28-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Page 385 of 985 FirstFirst ... 375 384 385 386 395 ... LastLast