Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 697 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 697 of 985 FirstFirst ... 687 696 697 698 707 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,940 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Are we still at 80% asymptomatic or has that changed?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one is my go-to. It sucks on mobile though

https://www.chi-csm.ca/
    Whoa, I've gut such a data boner right now. Subject matter aside, this website and their data presentation is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Seems like Alberta is not yet fucked? Are we going to be fucked? Fuck.
    BC P1 outbreak restricting restaurants and gyms again.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...d-19-1.5968334

Niece just got back from vacationing in Vancouver. Do the math.

Sounds like CBE is about to extend spring break according to my colleagues with kids.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-30-2021 at 10:16 AM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    BC P1 outbreak closing restaurants and gyms again.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...d-19-1.5968334
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. - Einstein. It's only a circuit breaker guise, just two, errr, three! more weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but wasn't the initial circuit breakers designed to give our medical system more time to procure supplies to increase their care capacity significantly?

I'm not sure my gym will survive another extended shut down. Paying $4-5k/ month out of pocket is getting very tiresome.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. - Einstein. It's only a circuit breaker guise, just two, errr, three! more weeks.
    It's a balance act of letting people do what they want (which increase spread) and lock down (slow the spread). We are trying to do something different but vaccine is just not coming fast enough and the AZ shit show means we are going to keep on repeating this cycle for awhile yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. but wasn't the initial circuit breakers designed to give our medical system more time to procure supplies to increase their care capacity significantly?

I'm not sure my gym will survive another extended shut down. Paying $4-5k/ month out of pocket is getting very tiresome.
    Well, I'm sure the graduation/retirement rate of all the health care pros has not changed because of COVID. If anything, I'm sure a lot of kids are rethinking their career/training as health care pros after COVID.

A bed and ventilator is pointless if you have nobody to work it.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-30-2021 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

BC never really shut down though, they kept restaurants open through Christmas until now did they not? It's not really surprising if their numbers started increasing whereas AB decreased for a while with the restrictions.

AB has seen a slight decline in hospitalizations/ICU over the past week as well our R value dropped a bit (still slightly above 1 though). Hopefully it drops a bit more and we can still move ahead with the next phase as vaccine efforts have more of an effect. Our vaccine rates have drastically increased the past few weeks so we should see a larger impact from that each week going forward through April.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The promise of vaccines being the second coming of christ in this instance, will manifest as much as the churchs' 2000 year promise of the second coming of christ.
    Seems like vaccines are basically the second coming of Christ in terms of reducing case counts:
    Name:  AA92AA0B-D55D-49F7-91DF-48D775CA8DCB.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  39.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Seems like vaccines are basically the second coming of Christ in terms of reducing case counts:
    Name:  AA92AA0B-D55D-49F7-91DF-48D775CA8DCB.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  39.6 KB
    So you're saying Brexit worked.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    We ded

*did not read
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'd guess the same thing that happened to us last spring. More people outdoors. The weather was very nice there for February until the snowstorm. One week after that that hit, the numbers started going up again. After it melted off, the numbers continued downward. My bet is that it will increase in June, when it starts getting TOO hot again and everyone is indoors with the AC on full blast, but hopefully they'll all be vaccinated by then.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Getting large amounts of your population vaccinated drives down cases? Shocking. Texas has administered 11.1 million doses into a population of 29 million. Mississippi has administered 1.6 million into a population of 3 million

Probably a lot of unhappy people right now considering the massive surge they were predicting hasn’t happened.
    Last edited by FraserB; 03-30-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The vaccines were not supposed to make a marked difference until something like 70% of the population has received two doses.

30% vaccinated - how many of the 11.1 have both?

The vaccines were not supposed to make a marked difference until something like 70% of the population has received two doses.

There are some studies out there putting out a 5:1 undetected/detected infection number as of July 2020 in the USA, based on detected antibodies in group of participants numbering ~250k. As with anything, take the numbers with a grain of salt and derive your own conclusions but I feel it’s plainly obvious even without such studies that we captured but a small portion of the actual number of infections. Even higher numbers are coming from Italy, France, et al, which I think makes for a safe assumption that prior total infections are resulting in highly populated countries that are getting through this well ahead of vaccination rates.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

There's a lot of theories about which point "should" have a marked difference but nobody really knows for sure yet. The good news is they are clearly already helping with deaths and hospitalizations.

Also it looks like 1 dose has 80% efficacy after two weeks, so i don't think tracking fully vaccinated (2 doses) is as important as tracking overall # of people with at least 1 dose:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/29/w...infection.html

My Ride
    Bicycle

The cure was power outage all along. Just freeze your COVID away.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The real magic is friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    There are some studies out there putting out a 5:1 undetected/detected infection number as of July 2020 in the USA, based on detected antibodies in group of participants numbering ~250k. As with anything, take the numbers with a grain of salt and derive your own conclusions but I feel it’s plainly obvious even without such studies that we captured but a small portion of the actual number of infections. Even higher numbers are coming from Italy, France, et al, which I think makes for a safe assumption that prior total infections are resulting in highly populated countries that are getting through this well ahead of vaccination rates.
    Yes even with just the known the tested infections and vaccinations, there are a number of states that have been at 60-70% infection/vaccination rate for awhile now, meaning herd immunity essentially. No big surprise that these were the states with the fewest restrictions, which is what should have been the response the entire time according to the data we have been seeing the past year. There's light on the horizon at least now.

CDC ignored Federal Laws and Regulations when it changed how the government Counts the Wuhan Virus, and Inflated Death Numbers

A peer-reviewed study published in the Journal of Science, Public Health Policy & Law last October reveals that the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) disregarded federal laws and regulations in changing how the government counts deaths from COVID, inflating the mortality numbers as a result.
    “All federal agencies are required to submit notification for data collection, publication, or analysis to the Federal Register BEFORE gaining approval from the US Office of Management and Budget’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OMB/OIRA) to ensure they are in compliance with the Information Quality Act (IQA) and the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) and therefore, approved to implement the proposed changes,” the authors of the peer-reviewed study said.

“Based upon the complete absence of Federal Register records for ‘Proposed Data Collection Submitted for Public Comment,’ at no point, did the CDC inform the OMB/OIRA or allow for 60 days of public comment in the following unilateral decisions that attempted to bypass Federal oversight,” the study charges.

“We allege that the complete absence of the appropriate Federal Register records is evidence that the CDC knowingly and willingly violated the IQA & PRA. As a direct consequence of implementing the two documents below without OMB approval, there was significant inflation of COVID-19 case and fatality data,” the authors said.

The authors of the study, ten in number, compared fatality counts compiled using the unauthorized system endorsed by the CDC in a March 24, 2020 alert, 2020, early in the national lockdown phase of the pandemic, and the authorized and established procedures used by the CDC and all state and local public health officials since 2003. The 2003 standards are outlined in two handbooks, one for physicians and a second for medical examiners and coroners.

“These handbooks have been used successfully for 17 years without need of update. They remain in use today for all causes of death except where involvement of COVID-19 is suspected or confirmed. When involvement of COVID-19 is suspected or confirmed, the March 24th, 2020 COVID19 Alert No. 2 guidelines are used instead,” the study notes.

The study concludes that based on data for all recorded deaths in the United States through August 23, 2020, the new CDC system counted 161,392 deaths attributed to the virus. Using the older system, the death total was 9,684.

The difference between the old CDC morbidity classification guidelines and the new accounting system was the latter’s inclusion of multiple co-morbidities along with the virus and the deceptive practice of listing the virus as the cause of death and the co-morbidities as “contributing conditions.”

https://www.ratical.org/PandemicPara...istPerspec.pdf

Page 697 of 985 FirstFirst ... 687 696 697 698 707 ... LastLast