Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 752 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 752 of 985 FirstFirst ... 742 751 752 753 762 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Okkay then...

Okay Master Gates
    Name:  vaccine2.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  121.3 KB

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hearing from horribly accurate sources that all admissions to ICU between ___ and ___ are being counted as CoVid positive. You could be hit by a train and count as CoVid+ of you land in ICU.
    This is really a scary and gross thing if it's true, and like I say, these are from sources who should be trusted. I just don't want this to go down some Jutes rabbit hole of shit. I can't fathom why our illustrious government would want to pad these numbers, but... Here we are.
    I'm very uncomfortable about it. I guess it could be real when you look at BC making decisions for their entire province based on numbers coming from Vancouver for example. I think that people are so dumb that the government "needs" to essentially lie about the overall severity across the province in order to attempt to get more rule followers.

I really hope I'm wrong.

I just want a carrot. I wasn't them to tell me, on the record that after ___% of people have one shot, we can all _____.
    Did Dr. Skeletor say that after 75% we can look forward to ____&? I hate her.
    Kenney actually addressed this last week in a conference. The ~185 in hospital currently are Covid only, and we have another 60 or 70 I think he said for normal ICU.

So we’re in the 250s out of 425.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I just want a carrot. I wasn't them to tell me, on the record that after ___% of people have one shot, we can all _____.
    Thankfully Dr No has absolutely zero say over provincial restrictions. I'd say that it's a very safe assumption that outside of the Maritimes, the provinces are going to treat her "advice" with the utter lack of consideration it deserves at this point.

If our downward trend in active cases continues and we keep vaccinating 40k+ a day, Kenney and Co are going to be in very tough spot at the end of May. He'll be faced with cases dropping, restrictions expiring and a vaccination rate that he'll want to brag about. If only the May 4 restrictions are the ones that are rolled back, it won't be enough for a lot of people at that point.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think the whole we will do ___ at ___ carrot has failed and make everyone looks bad.

Policy and effect moves much slower than this virus.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I'm hearing from horribly accurate sources that all admissions to ICU between ___ and ___ are being counted as CoVid positive. You could be hit by a train and count as CoVid+ of you land in ICU.
    This is really a scary and gross thing if it's true, and like I say, these are from sources who should be trusted. I just don't want this to go down some Jutes rabbit hole of shit. I can't fathom why our illustrious government would want to pad these numbers, but... Here we are.
    I'm very uncomfortable about it. I guess it could be real when you look at BC making decisions for their entire province based on numbers coming from Vancouver for example. I think that people are so dumb that the government "needs" to essentially lie about the overall severity across the province in order to attempt to get more rule followers.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Sadly I don't think you are wrong and I'm not sure we will ever see the true and accurate numbers. Everything has been politicized and everyone has an agenda.

Does anyone know how many Influenza deaths we had in 2020? I wouldn't be surprised if flu cases/deaths early on were counted as Covid *puts on tinfoil fedora*. And for those one or two people sitting at home wearing 4 masks with their "I've been vaccinated shirt" on itching to screech at me - Yes, I know Covid is real, and yes I already got my 5G shot, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Okkay then...

Okay Master Gates
    Name:  vaccine2.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  121.3 KB
    This would be funny except there's way more virtue signaling from the anti-vax crowd than the vax crowd....like stfu, who asked your opinion on the vaccine, guy?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Does anyone know how many Influenza deaths we had in 2020? I wouldn't be surprised if flu cases/deaths early on were counted as Covid *puts on tinfoil fedora*. And for those one or two people sitting at home wearing 4 masks with their "I've been vaccinated shirt" on itching to screech at me - Yes, I know Covid is real, and yes I already got my 5G shot, thanks.
    https://www.albertahealthservices.ca...Page14481.aspx

Now given they given report based on season and I think the season overlapped with COVID for more than 1/2 of that period and at least 2 months of strict measure, so who knows.

But compared to 2019 without COVID, the death is about the same. If anything, death and cases are up 30% in 2020 vs 2019. So a COVID case misdiagnosed as Influenza is more likely since we don't even know what to test for or have the capacity to until closer to the end of that reporting period.

And as of Apr 8, we had 0 cases of influenza this season.
    https://www.albertahealthservices.ca...enza.aspx#data

I'll assume that contrast is where this tin foil hat theory comes from.

I think ITTT type of policy/bargaining with the public while make sense on the surface, it just set yourself up to overpromise/underdeliver.

And policy changes definitely works a lot slower than COVID.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-17-2021 at 10:41 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Meanwhile… in the maritimes.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/halifax-...ance-1.5431334

“a woman and three youths sitting at a table.”

$2,500 fine

I’m all for doing your part to not spread things, but that is crossing well over the line into crazy town
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

well today is a day.

ICU down 5
    Total cases 721
    Active cases down 1000, mega
    R value 0.85

We’ve won.

Why was the fucking fear narrative about our health system earlier today? At least they said truthfully it’s not the icu beds, it’s the staff. They’re “exhausted” said Dr Yu.

Today’s slide show.

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...e-20210517.pdf
    Last edited by Darkane; 05-17-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Axis powers

so the closures.. work

now the question is, does the government rush back to open things up or stay status quo including schools
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    well today is a day.

ICU down 5
    Total cases 721
    Active cases down 1000, mega
    R value 0.85

We’ve won.

Why was the fucking fear narrative about our health system earlier today? At least they said truthfully it’s not the icu beds, it’s the staff. They’re “exhausted” said Dr Yu.

Today’s slide show.

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...e-20210517.pdf
    We are celebrating 10.2% positive cases?

721/7002 tests performed.

"This is not an urban vs rural issue"

Slide 14 postiviity rate:
    North Zone: 18%
    Central Zone: 12%
    Calgary: 10%
    Edmonton: 9%
    South Zone: 8%

https://youtu.be/LFWCkNy9LZ4?t=1642
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-17-2021 at 03:59 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    so the closures.. work

now the question is, does the government rush back to open things up or stay status quo including schools
    closures dont work that well, the real battle now is vaccines. Vaccines are literally ALL that matter.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

so the closures.. work

Patios, personal services and sports have only been shut for 7 days, the rest have only been in effect since the 5th and I doubt this drop is because schools and gyms have been closed for 12 days and retail capacity has been slightly lower
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

so the closures.. work

Or our vaccine penetration is finally starting to make a difference.

That’s the wonderful thing about trying 3-4 things at the same time, then declaring a few weeks later “Eureka it worked”.

You actually have literally no idea what actually made the greatest impact.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    At least they said truthfully it’s not the icu beds, it’s the staff. They’re “exhausted” said Dr Yu.
    I don't think it's ever been about the physical beds, always about the number of staffed beds that has been the issue, even back in November.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Positivity rate isn't really that useful of a statistic. 10% isn't great. But it's not an unbiased sample of the population, ya know? R value and new cases per day is probably more relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Patios, personal services and sports have only been shut for 7 days, the rest have only been in effect since the 5th and I doubt this drop is because schools and gyms have been closed for 12 days and retail capacity has been slightly lower
    Calgary and South positivity rate is trending down. Edmonton is indifferent but North Zone is still trending up.

The 1/4 mil AZ shots should have in full effect right around the time of lock down too. So we may have people who took shots to thank.

The majority of Pfizer shots that started to deliver in May should kick in around now. I expect those numbers to come down quickly, especially for the cities.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Positivity rate isn't really that useful of a statistic. 10% isn't great. But it's not an unbiased sample of the population, ya know? R value and new cases per day is probably more relevant.
    I like the active cases stat. If it’s going down that’s literally all that matters.

fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I like the active cases stat. If it’s going down that’s literally all that matters.
    We have been piling on 1100-1800 cases/day for the last week. A -992 is a nice change of pace.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    I don't think it's ever been about the physical beds, always about the number of staffed beds that has been the issue, even back in November.
    Agreed. Then they have to be transparent she say staff are refusing.

Whether that being exhausted, or taking a lot of personal leave and extended time away - it had to be said. And I’m happy it was, Albertan’s actually need to hear that.

The health staff are human, they don’t really want to work harder than anyone else. Why would they?

Can we staff more beds? Fucking rights we can, will they step up to the plate? Probably not..

It is what it is. We’re three weeks away. Go time.

Fun fact, you’ll be able to have a party of 15 people in your house in three weeks over in Sask.

Also - it pissed me off when Kenney said we have more hospitalization and icu then Sask ever had, because we don’t. They pushed through longer, fiercer and on April 18 or so had the equivalent of 195 icu patients (using 3.8 multiplier for population).

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 752 of 985 FirstFirst ... 742 751 752 753 762 ... LastLast