Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 656 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 656 of 985 FirstFirst ... 646 655 656 657 666 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,120 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No restrictions lifted, not timelines given, no metrics to work towards

“For a little while longer...”

RIP businesses
    I almost flipped my desk when I heard Deena say "A little while longer..."

Yeah, we will see if I can keep my forced-closed business afloat "a little while longer..."

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I almost flipped my desk when I heard Deena say "A little while longer..."

Yeah, we will see if I can keep my forced-closed business afloat "a little while longer..."
    Start selling liquor and you’ll be allowed to reopen, life threatening habits are more essential than staying healthy and fit.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Start selling liquor and you’ll be allowed to reopen, life threatening habits are more essential than staying healthy and fit.
    Alternatively, offer massage services, and hey, if people are using the equipment while they wait for their appointment, how can you stop them?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It's up to people to protect themselves if they don't want to get sick and get to the vaccine.
    As soon as everybody will have had a chance to have received the vaccine it is YOLO time and fuck protecting others if they pass on getting the vaccine.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I'm 100% on board with this. Should have been this way from the beginning. If a person thinks it's of no consequence to get infected, let them go about and do their thing.
    The problem with this is you're going to get a bunch of assholes, like a LOT of them here in Alberta, just go do whatever they want and actually make it a danger for those who are "following the rules".
    1000% increase of orgies.

I rather have people secretly trying to bypass the rules than them brag about having a jizz soaked waiver.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It can't just be luck that everyone going into an ER, including myself, have just had the most amazing luck in the world and showed up when it is empty. When in the paste it has always been a 4 hour wait. I know you are at ER's a lot more frequent than general public, but it is strange that you have such a polar opposite experience of everyone else.
    I can't tell if you're accusing me of making it up or not. I have no ulterior motive in any of this, its my job so I would think my daily observations are more indicative of the norm than occasional ER visits. Sure there are times its not busy, that same day within an hour or two it can be backed out outside the door. It ebbs and flows, there's no pattern to it. And unfortunately, I have no means to show you the data from the interface we have access to. Maybe I'll PM you a shot next week when I'm back at work that shows the actual patient numbers in the department, and the overall capacity condition of the department
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I might be mistaken on this, but in my admittedly limited understanding it is certain ER's that receive the majority of covid cases as people and ambulances are directed to those facilities based on whatever protocols and special shit they have in place to deal with it, so while some ER's are not overwhelmed even remotely, others are stacked hard.

This is just conversations I have had with clients and friends who are nurses/doctors etc and I have no documents to back this up.
    Not exactly, COVID cases can go to any hospital. There is a destination policy for many things (think strokes, major trauma, heart attack, urinary, eye injuries, etc), but COVID isn't one of those. Ambulances transport to facilities based on dynamic loads, changes minute to minute, and its not that we are told which to go to, we can choose from 3 of the 4, which is basically based on our preference or patient preference
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I can't tell if you're accusing me of making it up or not. I have no ulterior motive in any of this, its my job so I would think my daily observations are more indicative of the norm than occasional ER visits. Sure there are times its not busy, that same day within an hour or two it can be backed out outside the door. It ebbs and flows, there's no pattern to it. And unfortunately, I have no means to show you the data from the interface we have access to. Maybe I'll PM you a shot next week when I'm back at work that shows the actual patient numbers in the department, and the overall capacity condition of the department
    Thanks for your contributions to the thread...it's great to get some insights from the front lines.

But do you know who you are arguing with? haha

Back to gyms. I know the die hards would mask up to lift. I don't see that being an issue. A slight drop in weight for a week while you get used to it.
    Basically like those high elevation masks some guys train in.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Back to gyms. I know the die hards would mask up to lift. I don't see that being an issue. A slight drop in weight for a week while you get used to it.
    Basically like those high elevation masks some guys train in.
    Masking in gym for a month now, you get used to it. RIP if you wear glasses as everyone walks around in a fog.

I stick to cardio at home because screw spin class with a mask.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Has anyone flown domestically into YYC been able to do the pilot program testing? I completed it returning from the US, but domestic seems fuzzier on what the rules are. The website would suggest it's not possible but someone I know from Vancouver said they were able to get it. Trying to gauge what to expect...
    Ultracrepidarian

Since PCR Tests are BS with over 90% False Positives and that Fakestream Media and Government goes Gaga only over Cases, WHO just changed their guidance on Testing Right after Biden's Inauguration.

What this means those those tests with a high Ct value that you're highly unlikely to get ill forgetting anyone else sick in the absence of symptoms. How convenient that right after Biden gets in...

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-l...ation-n1398857

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I just woke up from a dream where I got a no-mask ticket from walking past a mall kiosk with a dozen smartphones set up for facial recognition. And then when I woke up I had a boner.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Since PCR Tests are BS with over 90% False Positives and that Fakestream Media and Government goes Gaga only over Cases, WHO just changed their guidance on Testing Right after Biden's Inauguration.

What this means those those tests with a high Ct value that you're highly unlikely to get ill forgetting anyone else sick in the absence of symptoms. How convenient that right after Biden gets in...

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-l...ation-n1398857
    In short, a positive PCR test in the absence of symptoms means nothing at a Ct of higher than 30, according to the experts interviewed by the New York Times and according to the Jaafar study.
    What I have referred to as the “casedemic” since September will be magically solved just in time for Joe Biden to look like a hero. For doing absolutely nothing. Do not tell me there is not a politicized deep state in these health agencies. Do not ever tell me I need to listen to Dr. Anthony Fauci again. And every business owner who has been ruined because of lockdowns due to a high number of “cases” should be livid. Any parent whose child has lost a year of school should be furious.

None of this was for your health. It was to get rid of Orange Man Bad.

orange julius man?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I can't tell if you're accusing me of making it up or not.
    I appreciate your insights, and I imagine most that aren't obtuse would. I blocked him already and my life has been better for it.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Shandro is talking about the variants found in Alberta right now. 20 from UK; 5 from South Africa, 1 of the UK cases not linked to travel.

I dont think those restrictions are being lifted anytime soon.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 01-25-2021 at 04:51 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Shandro is talking about the variants found in Alberta right now. 20 from UK; 5 from South Africa, 1 of the UK cases not linked to travel.

I dont think those restrictions are being lifted anytime soon.
    Well if UK variant got in, the full UK lock down has slow the peak infection rate by 50% from 68K/day to 33k/day. So there is that. I'm surprised we have not got any CAL.20C yet.

The key is the projection Shandro presented. They expect cases with restriction to high 2k/day by March, 10k/day without. Sounds like they are preparing us to be in current state until March at the very least.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-25-2021 at 05:04 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Well if UK variant got in, the full UK lock down has slow the peak infection rate by 50% from 68K/day to 33k/day. So there is that. I'm surprised we have not got any CAL.20C yet.

The key is the projection Shandro presented. They expect cases with restriction to high 2k/day by March, 10k/day without. Sounds like they are preparing us to be in current state until March at the very least.
    I mean it didn't sound like they were testing very widely for these different strains, didn't he also say that they are going to increase their testing up to 300 per day for the strain or something along those lines.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I mean it didn't sound like they were testing very widely for these different strains, didn't he also say that they are going to increase their testing up to 300 per day for the strain or something along those lines.
    I'm sure they are only testing for what's popular. Right now the SA/UK variants are all the rage. With Brazil one getting press in Japan.

CAL20.C is wrecking Cali and surrounding states but it hasn't travelled far but probably not impossible to get in via truckers.

Borders are not close. We are not checking land border crossings and still rely on voluntary 14 days isolation.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Do we think these projections are going to be any more reliable than the ones from earlier on (that weren't remotely close)?

Page 656 of 985 FirstFirst ... 646 655 656 657 666 ... LastLast