Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 741 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 741 of 985 FirstFirst ... 731 740 741 742 751 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,820 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lose his base?? How can a conservative base vote for anything else?

I’ve had this conversation with a few people, if a conservative based person votes for NDP because they’re certain they would have done better is nuts. NDP would have had us shutdown much more, and since we’re ‘Berta - there’d be rodeos every weekend.
    Personally, I am currently planning to just not vote. Kenney has consistently refused to make the hard decisions and tried to appease everyone, which is an abdication of his position. The result is that almost everyone is mad at him. Leaders are supposed to make those tough decisions, otherwise they aren't leading and should step down or be removed.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m not the biggest Kenney fan out there, but I struggle with what anyone else would have done differently.

Best I can tell Albertas Covid problems are more centered around its citizens not giving a fuck.

End of the day we have had one of the most open provinces in aggregate for the last 12 months, and the system has neither collapsed nor did our citizens die off en masse.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No I'm certain all of Alberta's covid problems are the fault of Justin. Totally certain
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Best I can tell Albertas Covid problems are more centered around its citizens not giving a fuck.
    Name:  alta-tory-leadership-20140906.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  36.9 KB
    Jim Prentice (would have) approved this message.

My Ride
    *The First*

I’m not the biggest Kenney fan out there, but I struggle with what anyone else would have done differently.

End of the day we have had one of the most open provinces in aggregate for the last 12 months, and the system has neither collapsed nor did our citizens die off en masse.
    Agree.
    Alberta has been running close to the wire the entire time. PEI has moved as far away from the wire as physically possible, turned the lights out, locked the doors, shot the dog, then snuck out with scuba gear to go under the water and hide under a rock with their eyes closed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This. Everyones just mad we’re not Australia and lock down hard for short amount of time and have 0 cases without realizing how impossible it is for us to do it as a province and not the country, let alone surrounded by land borders with easy access vs a fucking island continent. As stupid as the anti maskers are, the anti UCP folks are just as stupid, just in a different way.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    No I'm certain all of Alberta's covid problems are the fault of Justin. Totally certain
    Outside of starting the initial lockdown too late, the only thing you can really pin on Justin is the slow rollout of vaccines. As much as I think Justin is a clown, I don't put much blame on Canadian politicians when it comes to COVID. As said it's damned if you do and damned if you don't and the ultimate responsibility falls on citizens to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. It's pretty evident that a large portion of Canadians either don't care or are tin foil hat wearing morons which is unfortunately making things much more difficult than they should be.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't news facts to justify my feelings.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Stronger messaging and don't let people think things are going to be better and open up too early when there is at least 50% chance it's going to get worse when the variants are at the door.

That message we are all going to have a Stampede instill complacency much like when Chile advertise they are vaccinating at good pace.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings and nobody know what that sounds like yet.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Outside of starting the initial lockdown too late, the only thing you can really pin on Justin is the slow rollout of vaccines. As much as I think Justin is a clown, I don't put much blame on Canadian politicians when it comes to COVID. As said it's damned if you do and damned if you don't and the ultimate responsibility falls on citizens to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. It's pretty evident that a large portion of Canadians either don't care or are tin foil hat wearing morons which is unfortunately making things much more difficult than they should be.
    I think we truly understand while democracy instill do nothing is fine most of the time other than impeding progress, it's disastrously dangerous during an emergency. Instead of doing what's right, every politician keep trying to do what's popular.

From a federal perspective, there's definitely room for improvement:

- If they have a chance to get Sanofi to produce COVID vax and didn't, they fucked this one up royally.
    - 14 days COVID hotel should have been applied to all borders since outbreak and nobody get to quarantine at home.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-05-2021 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride
    Edge

The main area where Kenney has failed is in ensuring that health measures are being consistently enforced and enforced through monetary sanctions. Hitting the pocketbook is generally a good deterrent.

My Ride
    Silverado

Im looking forward to seeing each provinces financials down the road for impact on gdp, revenue and spending from 2019 to 2022.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-05-2021 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    The main area where Kenney has failed is in ensuring that health measures are being consistently enforced and enforced through monetary sanctions. Hitting the pocketbook is generally a good deterrent.
    It's pretty obvious most who got fined is his base and key to him holding onto power.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    It's pretty obvious most who got fined is his base and key to him holding onto power.
    He just announced that those people aren't his base. If the UCP don't eject this guy before next election, the right votes are going to split again.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Kind of hard for Kenney to have an impact on this.

I guess he could tell the Crown prosecutors to take every single ticket that gets contested to court, regardless of validity or chance of conviction. But then people would just be complaining that the courts are clogged into 2022 and other matters are being pushed out. It's also using the process as punishment, which should never happen.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Silverado

The UCP received 55% of the vote in the last election. His 'base' is literally the majority of voting Albertans. These antimaskers are hardly a blip on the radar.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    The UCP received 55% of the vote in the last election. His 'base' is literally the majority of voting Albertans. These antimaskers are hardly a blip on the radar.
    Well if he can win without merging with wild rose, he should have left them out there instead of creating UCP.

Rural votes probably counts towards at least 20% of that 55% and hence I can drive into Drumheller for a hair cut still under this round of "lock down".
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-05-2021 at 01:45 PM.

I just think arguments about restrictions are stupid when we don’t enforce the ones we have.
    If I like spraying piss on people in public, I'm allowed right?
    My human right to urinate and you can't deny that.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    If I like spraying piss on people in public, I'm allowed right?
    My human right to urinate and you can't deny that.
    If you find the right audience, you can make decent coin doing it . . .

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This. Everyones just mad we’re not Australia and lock down hard for short amount of time and have 0 cases without realizing how impossible it is for us to do it as a province and not the country, let alone surrounded by land borders with easy access vs a fucking island continent. As stupid as the anti maskers are, the anti UCP folks are just as stupid, just in a different way.
    I've said it before that there are lots of things that Kenney deserves a lot of criticism for. Pandemic response weighs generally pretty low on that list. Because it was such an unprecedented situation and he is getting absolutely hammered for it from both sides. There's no real right move for him.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I've said it before that there are lots of things that Kenney deserves a lot of criticism for. Pandemic response weighs generally pretty low on that list. Because it was such an unprecedented situation and he is getting absolutely hammered for it from both sides. There's no real right move for him.
    Again agree.
    As rustled as my jimmies be, there's nothing in Kenney's responses to this train wreck that would sway my vote and there's nothing the opposition had done pertaining to the pandemic that would sway my vote.
    My vote is influenced by factors outside of the pandemic. I used to think that the Alberta Party was well positioned to take power in a future election based on the vicious pendulum swinging cycle I felt Alberta was in from wretched, stealing conservative, to NDP and back to a weird, combined UCP. I figured that a Right-Center party would win in ~2026. Instead, the AP were wiped off the map.
    I just want vaccinations to be available enough to make this stop. Arm people with the freedom to choose their path without ruining it for everyone else. And we have Trudeau to blame for us not having that. But moreso, the Americans for once again, fucking their trading partners.

Page 741 of 985 FirstFirst ... 731 740 741 742 751 ... LastLast