Quantcast
Oil and Gas - The Great Crew Change - thoughts? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7
Results 121 to 140 of 140

Thread: Oil and Gas - The Great Crew Change - thoughts?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,747
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So PowerPoints right?
    That’s where the real money is
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Reporting on what has been. Big money, irreplaceable.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,510
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Hope it's better than offering to sell things you can't make, to people who won't pay. Because that has been unimpressive so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    4,647
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember kids, it's important to as close as possible to the $$
    Yes. But that doesn’t always mean getting the oil from the ground with your bare hands. Although sometimes it does mean that.

    There’s decent money in making PowerPoints telling Suncor which 1500 should get the axe.
    Last edited by bjstare; 06-02-2023 at 07:20 PM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope it's better than offering to sell things you can't drill, to people who won't pay.
    Fixed.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,510
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Bump for the new Careers in Energy report:
    The energy industry is projected to generate between 41,600 and 46,500 new direct jobs by 2035, while another 68,700 to 69,500 energy workers are eligible to retire over the forecast period, according to two forecast scenarios developed by Careers in Energy (CIE). If Canada’s energy industry replaces all job openings created by age-related attrition—retirements and deaths—it could result in net hiring requirements of between 110,000 and 116,000 jobs.
    https://careersinenergy.ca/resources...tlook-to-2035/

    If all those folks that will be "eligible to retire", actually do retire, then that's gong to be a big deal. if they hang on for an extra decade, well, that won't help us slightly younger folks.

    I still think there are decent prospects for folks in the 35-50 age range with some demonstrated skills or experience. But I'm also a hardcore optimist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    New show from the creators of "The Trailer Park Boys" about a bunch of people in small-town Canada working at the local refinery. I think the town is in Eastern Canada, but the parent company is an Albertan O&G company.


  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST
    Posts
    7,571
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New show from the creators of "The Trailer Park Boys" about a bunch of people in small-town Canada working at the local refinery. I think the town is in Eastern Canada, but the parent company is an Albertan O&G company.

    Watched the first two episodes Friday, pretty slow so far but also a bit too real.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Z
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bump for the new Careers in Energy report:

    https://careersinenergy.ca/resources...tlook-to-2035/

    If all those folks that will be "eligible to retire", actually do retire, then that's gong to be a big deal. if they hang on for an extra decade, well, that won't help us slightly younger folks.

    I still think there are decent prospects for folks in the 35-50 age range with some demonstrated skills or experience. But I'm also a hardcore optimist.
    There 100% is lots of opportunity if you've gained good experience in the last 10 years. Not a wide band in the ~35 year old band with good experience, not retards, and good leadership
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,510
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Yeah 35-35 and you haven't ruined your reputation is a small cohort.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,747
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Reputation smeputation
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Has the crew change started? Is ES still in the 35-50 band to take advantage?!?!

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,747
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Crew change is delayed by a 5 year safety meeting called “working from home”. Everyone still on the clock
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,510
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    ES is still in the 35-50 band.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    I've entered the band but exited the industry. I'm in a different one where there are very few grey beards hanging on for dear life.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Z
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    The very few greybeards still around my work are extremely competent and going to be nearly impossible to replace. It'll be a very unfortunate day when they retire
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    We should all be soaking up and learning as much as we can from the competent grey beards.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should all be soaking up and learning as much as we can from the competent grey beards.
    Soaking you say?

  19. #139
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soaking you say?
    Dibs jumping on the bed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm generally cute.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    4,139
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Ya I like to think it looks promising as well. I do love how all the people who just coasted along the last 10-15 years look like idiots as they're older though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Similar Threads

  1. Whistler wants Alberta oil and gas company to pay for resort's climate change costs

    By roopi in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 48
    Latest Threads: 12-17-2018, 01:45 PM
  2. Your thoughts about CANOLA OIL /RAPESEED Oil

    By thetransporter in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 07-11-2017, 07:40 AM
  3. Bring own Engine oil and oil filter to change

    By automachine in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •