Quantcast
Parents dropping their kids off at Webber Academy every morning. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents dropping their kids off at Webber Academy every morning.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What inner city community do you live in?

I sell most of the inner city and I can get to any of them within 25min on the worst day.
    We were looking at places right around Webber I guess and the drive was back to Tuxedo park at the time, halfway through the drive home both the wife and I agreed it was hell and gone far away for us. Even google maps puts the drive right now in the middle of the day with no traffic at over 30 minutes. Add any amount of traffic to that and I am spending 90 minutes to 2 hours commuting every day, Gross.

I already think my 2km commute is too long, and beyond that I found the houses to be pretty meh, classic cookie cutter McMansions where you live in your neighbour's lap that really only had square footage going for them.

Just my opinion, I’m sure the community works for some people but to claim it’s the best in the city seems pretty out to lunch.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Jeebus, there are 185 neighborhood zones? Never bothered to count.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Gotta love this every morning.

Attachment 89163
    Love how two cars are being completely oblivious and blocking traffic flow.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    We were looking at places right around Webber I guess and the drive was back to Tuxedo park at the time, halfway through the drive home both the wife and I agreed it was hell and gone far away for us. Even google maps puts the drive right now in the middle of the day with no traffic at over 30 minutes. Add any amount of traffic to that and I am spending 90 minutes to 2 hours commuting every day, Gross.

I already think my 2km commute is too long, and beyond that I found the houses to be pretty meh, classic cookie cutter McMansions where you live in your neighbour's lap that really only had square footage going for them.

Just my opinion, I’m sure the community works for some people but to claim it’s the best in the city seems pretty out to lunch.
    So Tuxedo?

I have 4 builds going up in that community right now.

Nothing wrong with inner city living, it’s all personal preference.

When it comes to cookie cutter homes, inner city is slowly filling up with new infills, buyer beware.

Lots of pros and cons to inner city living.

Personally I feel the west side is the best side haha.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    If anyone else said that im sure it wouldnt hurt so much but coming from a true baller its gotta burn real nice lol
    lol, naw it's not like that at all. I live in the deep deep dirty south.

Just a working stiff like everyone else. As one of my clients says: unless you can afford to fly private exclusively, then you just have the same shit as everyone else, just nicer.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Somehow I find that oddly comforting
    Ultracrepidarian

I sell most of the inner city and I can get to any of them within 25min on the worst day.
    I suggest asking the Airdrie realtors for some tips. They can get anywhere in 20 minutes.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I used to like the Aspen area. Great food choices, easy access to the mountains (back when the COP access road wasn't shut down), but getting anywhere in the city sucks. To and from downtown is getting worse now. I used to use Bow Trail/Sarcee as a shortcut, that stopped happening 3 years ago with the volume of traffic there. Ring road should help.

I dunno how @benyl handles driving to the airport daily from there. Hell even back in the day living in the NE and going to Signal Hill regularly infuriated me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    I suggest asking the Airdrie realtors for some tips. They can get anywhere in 20 minutes.
    Hahahahaha Gold Star kert. Gold Star.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    To and from downtown is getting worse now. I used to use Bow Trail/Sarcee as a shortcut, that stopped happening 3 years ago with the volume of traffic there. Ring road should help.

I dunno how @benyl handles driving to the airport daily from there. Hell even back in the day living in the NE and going to Signal Hill regularly infuriated me.
    All the medium to high density growth up there is starting to get to lots of people, too many cars for the infrastructure to handle it. it's only going to get worse when they build on that old money land on 17th and 85th. But, that's not a problem unique to Aspen, it's everywhere and the city mandate to build up.
    My husband works at McKnight and Deerfoot, he's at work by 6 and home by 3 to avoid high traffic times. I will have to start taking the LRT when I take my daughter to school in September, trying to get off the hill after 7.30am is like watching molasses move.

My Ride
    ute

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kertejud2 again.
    "

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

I used to like the Aspen area. Great food choices, easy access to the mountains (back when the COP access road wasn't shut down), but getting anywhere in the city sucks. To and from downtown is getting worse now. I used to use Bow Trail/Sarcee as a shortcut, that stopped happening 3 years ago with the volume of traffic there. Ring road should help.

If you don't mind a little more distance, it is very consistent in time to take Old Banff Coach Road or Springbank road to get to highway 1, pretty quick to get out of town or to get to stoney to go north. Rarely is there any traffic going that way around. I take Stoney -> Highway 1 -> Old Banff Coach road -> Range Road 31 -> lower Springbank road to get to highway 8 everyday.

And the view is pretty damm good as well, makes for a nice commute in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Totally agreed. Was at my in-laws place in Thorncliffe and had to drive to the furthest corner of Aspen around 4PM on a normal Thursday and it took me 50 mins each way. Mind you this was obviously rush hour and about a year ago so not sure if anything changed but there is no chance in hell i would consider "easy access to inner city" as a selling point of Aspen. Of course it does have it's own set of unique benefits especially if you take off to the mountains often.

It's 20 mins from Aspen to DT mid-day with zero traffic - that is quite far IMO, especially considering the traffic that develops around Sarcee/Bow Trails.

For comparison, that's only 3 minutes faster than an Auburn Bay commute downtown at the same time of day. According to google maps anyway.

My commute right now is a 6 min drive (bit longer going home), but it can always be shorter.

If you go to Banff every weekend, Aspen has its perks.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-23-2020 at 02:37 PM.

I went to a Webber Academy info session, it was all white trophy wives that attended.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

A lot of these comments about commute times will vary wildly depending on where you are in the respective community.

We have friends in Auburn bay and it's easily 10 minutes just to wind your way out of there to get to Stoney or Deerfoot, which can have a huge impact on commute times.

We're on the west side and have frequent after school activities in Marda Loop and Elbow Park. Fortunately, we have excellent access (/egress) from where we are and never need more than 15-18 minutes to make it on time. That said, if we were in another area, say 'deeper' in Aspen, it could make a significant difference in commute times. Hell, when there were lane closures on 33rd in ML, that could easily add 5 mins just to get across Crowchild... That doesn't seem like much, but it's ~25-30% of your journey.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I went to a Webber Academy info session, it was all white trophy wives that attended.
    So you make it an annual event now, yes?!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bicycle

Savage.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Love how two cars are being completely oblivious and blocking traffic flow.
    I live a block away from that debacle and never use 14th ave for that reason. However, I needed to go to Aspen Landing the other day during the afternoon rush and was in that very spot. The traffic stopped for me even though I had a stop sign. My bet is Webber has told parents to yield to the neighborhood to reduce complaints.

We are probably moving. Looking at St Andrew's heights, West Hillhurst, University Heights, Parkdale, Briar Hill. Prices are dropping fast. Mostly to get closer to school for the kids. Closer to the airport is a bonus. I hope that one of the parents in that line will buy our house. haha.

From Aspen, I have started going down Sarcee Tr to 16th, Past Market, through Charleswood and onto JLB / McKnight. Depending on the time of day, going through DT is the fastest.

When the ring road goes in, I think it will be better. But there is a fuckload of people moving onto the hill. Truman is building a fucking apartment over by Mercato. @Gage ; is moving up here too.

I consider where I live in to be "Aspenhood." I live in a shack compared to the houses east of 85th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It's 20 mins from Aspen to DT mid-day with zero traffic - that is quite far IMO, especially considering the traffic that develops around Sarcee/Bow Trails.

For comparison, that's only 3 minutes faster than an Auburn Bay commute downtown at the same time of day. According to google maps anyway.

My commute right now is a 6 min drive (bit longer going home), but it can always be shorter.

If you go to Banff every weekend, Aspen has its perks.
    Not aspen, but close, and its 22 minutes from door to desk for me as long as I leave before 7:30. Whats Auburn bay at 7;15 downtown.
    Last edited by lasimmon; 01-23-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast