2020 US Election mega thread - Page 137 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 137 of 146 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should they be able to say who can and can't use their services to express unfashionable opinions as well? If you say "stop the steal", or "there is no evidence that COVID started in the wet market", or "chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay" on your cell phone, is it fine to ban you from service?
    So this is where the gay frogs are coming from. The more you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    ute

Should they be able to say who can and can't use their services to express unfashionable opinions as well? If you say "stop the steal", or "there is no evidence that COVID started in the wet market", or "chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay" on your cell phone, is it fine to ban you from service?
    sure.

They should be able to ban you for anything they want. They are private companies and owe you nothing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Could they ban the gay frogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Could they ban the gay frogs?
    You want to ban the froggets?
    Last edited by schurchill39; 01-12-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: need to make the joke more obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://business.telus.com/en/busine...ble-use-policy

Telus can ban you by texting "fuck" thru their network if they want to. But they won't enforce it unless they have gone thru a cost/benefit consideration.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-13-2021 at 09:52 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    https://business.telus.com/en/busine...ble-use-policy

Telus can ban you by texting "fuck" thru their network if they want to.
    When the Telus call centre first had that voice recognition lady-bot, I got frustrated by her lack of comprehension and swore and she was programmed to hang up on people who swore.
    So, I spent the next 90 minutes calling back repeatedly to see how many standard and obscure swear words that she was programmed to recognize. The list was long!
    It was hilarious. I wish YouTube was a thing, then.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Telus can ban you by texting "fuck" thru their network if they want to. But they won't enforce it unless they have gone thru a cost/benefit consideration.
    Apparently my public mobile revenue is pretty valuable to Telus. I probably text the word "fuck" minimum 46 times a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Youtube just banned. That escalated quickly.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

As for the insurrection itself. Not even close, not even the same ballpark, not even the same sport compared to when Canada burned down the White House.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    As for the insurrection itself. Not even close, not even the same ballpark, not even the same sport compared to when Canada burned down the White House.
    Canada didn't exist until 50 years after that. Britain burned it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Canada didn't exist until 50 years after that. Britain burned it.
    We love to take credit for it tho.

Blame or Credit. The USA invaded the physical border in North America, they did not set a ship out to shellack London England (although arguably, if Canada lost, London would be the next logical step) Due to extremely low population, the natives of Canada most definitely did make a contribution at least in the attempted land takeover. So you can't just say British, unless you count the entire native population as slave military scrubs.

If Japan was successful at Hawaii, undoubtedly California would have been next. Some even argue that Japan was successful at taking Hawaii, its only the nuke that stopped them.

Canada won, decisively.

Bismark as a Forward Operating Base? Logical.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-14-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Ummmmm. No it was not the nuke that stopped japan from taking hawaii. All I can say is you need to re-read that chapter of ww2.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This is actually the most troublesome thing here. You know its only a matter of time before someone puts together a web page where you can type in a name/email and see if they had a parler account, what they posted, who they followed, etc, which will be used by HR departments/hiring managers around the world to screen people. While i think people that break laws should be prosecuted and deserve to be shamed, i don't like the idea of "ideology lists" like this.
    Know what's even worse?

Most mobile devices will embed GPS location into every photo or video unless you disable that setting. This is to enable features that let you map out your travels and other things that most people don't really want or care about. The downside of this unbelievably bad idea is obvious. People are giving away their locations without realizing it. Most image sharing sites or social media sites strip this data out because of the obvious consequences. But they usually don't think to do this immediately (facebook didn't at first, nor did imgur, etc).

Parler made that mistake, so now, people are mapping out everywhere that every picture posted to Parler was taken. Even if you used a fake name, you may have given away your home or work location. There is already a site up that plots every post (without the pic or vid that was posted).

https://kylemcdonald.net/parler/map/

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Ummmmm. No it was not the nuke that stopped japan from taking hawaii. All I can say is you need to re-read that chapter of ww2.
    Actually, there is quite a lot of genuine debate over whether the bomb(s) ended the war or that the Japanese were ready to surrender anyways. I mean the narrative has always been that it was the reason, but the argument can definitely be made that it was more about a show of strength to the rest of the world by the Americans at the already inevitable end of the war so they come out on the other side in a serious position of dominance.

I watched a documentary on this a while ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name but it was pretty compelling. By no means am I saying I subscribe to it for certain, but I also would not be surprised. In the end, the narrative written by the winning team is always what we are going to be hit with most.

My Ride
    ute

The Japanese were never going to win that war, once the Americans got their industrial machine going. The economic output the Americans can muster is ridiculous.

The bomb was just designed to save the lives of American soldiers and probably Japanese civilians, since they were pretty much a national religious cult at that point in their history.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Know what's even worse?

Most mobile devices will embed GPS location into every photo or video unless you disable that setting. This is to enable features that let you map out your travels and other things that most people don't really want or care about. The downside of this unbelievably bad idea is obvious. People are giving away their locations without realizing it. Most image sharing sites or social media sites strip this data out because of the obvious consequences. But they usually don't think to do this immediately (facebook didn't at first, nor did imgur, etc).

Parler made that mistake, so now, people are mapping out everywhere that every picture posted to Parler was taken. Even if you used a fake name, you may have given away your home or work location. There is already a site up that plots every post (without the pic or vid that was posted).

People get dox'd for taking Pokemon gyms down. All these are par for course.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Know what's even worse?

Yea, this is where Apple gets things right. iOS uploads shouldn't have GPS data. iOS has stripped GPS data access for quite a while now to apps, and even earlier for uploads via Safari. You can't even enable it. Other EXIF data is retained, just GPS stripped. The only GPS data that an app has access to is your location when you're uploading the photo, assuming you've granted location access. It's actually a bit of a PITA when you want to genuinely share a photo and want to retain GPS data. Even airdrop strips that shit.

GPS tagging is a genuinely useful feature, for me anyways. I use that shit daily to find photos.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

It only took two impeachment’s, but finally trump realizes how bad he was getting grifted by Rudy:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/thehill....s-report%3famp

Sad!

Know what's even worse?

yikes. i see each data point has an ID... anyone know how to look that ID up to find the content? curious what all the points from calgary are lol. likely harmless but would be interesting to see

Page 137 of 146 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 ... LastLast