Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 143 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 133 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

  1. #2841
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean if your confirmation bias is based on the results of an US election you are probably doing ok
    If you are going to use the result of an election to try and claim Trump is inciting riots. That's not even confirmation bias, that's full on brain damage.

  2. #2842
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    There is help available when leaving a cult. Seek it
    https://people.howstuffworks.com/cult6.htm

  3. #2843
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is help available when leaving a cult. Seek it
    https://people.howstuffworks.com/cult6.htm
    Coming from the guy who is telling people to rely on the results and proceedings from a definition Kangaroo court to inform their opinions

    Society deserves 2020, looks to me like we deserve 2021 too
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  4. #2844
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coming from the guy who is telling people to rely on the results and proceedings from a definition Kangaroo court to inform their opinions

    Society deserves 2020, looks to me like we deserve 2021 too
    I was referring to people who still think trump was cheated and actually won (some claim that he actually got 100M votes ). These are cultists that are brainwashed and believe everything their leader says.

    I assume you’re talking about impeachment, I totally agree that McConnell ran the last trial as a kangaroo court. Good thing this time it will be an actual trial with evidence and witnesses. Will make for some excellent entertainment

  5. #2845
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These are cultists that are brainwashed and believe everything their leader says.

    ................ Left meet Right?

  6. #2846
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Elbonia
    My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus
    Posts
    6,502
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actual trial
    Imagine describing a political process of the American Congress as an "actual trial".

  7. #2847
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    To me its weird that "inciting violence" is a reason for a ban. To many in the USA not only is it the presidents job to incite violence, but also to kill (on occasion) I mean, McCain probably hit a kill count around 1,000 or so, including innocents who simply couldn't run fast enough away from the Napalm.

    But of course, not on USA soil though. But why should it be more punishable in a civil matter than foreign policy? Insurrection?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-18-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    Opportunity Cost : Columbus spent $0 on burned carbon fuels to find America.

  8. #2848
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ................ Left meet Right?
    to be clear, i don't think everyone who supported Trump is part of the cult. I have many close friends and family including both of my parents who supported him, and most are pretty reasonable people who fully understand he lost fair and square. You win some you lose some, and he had every right to pursue court challenges.

    The people who are still adamant that he won 2.5 months later are the ones who need to re-evaluate how they got to that place in their head.

    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine describing a political process of the American Congress as an "actual trial".
    I concede the entire impeachment process is completely political. But by definition a trial has a plaintiff, a prosecutor, and a judge/jury who make a judgement based on evidence, so this is as close to a "real trial" as you're ever going to see in Congress. Maybe they should amend the constitution and call it something other than 'Senate Trial' just to please you guys?

  9. #2849
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was referring to people who still think trump was cheated and actually won (some claim that he actually got 100M votes ). These are cultists that are brainwashed and believe everything their leader says.

    I assume you’re talking about impeachment, I totally agree that McConnell ran the last trial as a kangaroo court. Good thing this time it will be an actual trial with evidence and witnesses. Will make for some excellent entertainment
    As we can see from your posts and classic continuous projection, the adage holds true. People who are in a cult don't know they're in one. I almost envy you, it is probably much easier to just be blissfully ignorant and move through life with the direction of the herd.

  10. #2850
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine describing a political process of the American Congress as an "actual trial".
    Irony is completely lost on people these days
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #2851
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine describing a political process of the American Congress as an "actual trial".
    Yep its pretty much a complete farce and political theater. No rules of evidence - All just statements and hearsay. I am sure the judges in that country must cringe when they hear the word 'trial' used.

  12. #2852
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The White Ghetto
    My Ride
    Altima Se-R
    Posts
    2,181
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't matter whether you're left or right, you can't judge an entire side by the actions of a small fringe group. FFS the guy just won a landslide of the votes at 100 million.
    So your argument is that a guy who has never reached an approval rating above 50% won an election with 100 million votes, representing 62% of the total votes (159M)?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  13. #2853
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your argument is that a guy who has never reached an approval rating above 50% won an election with 100 million votes, representing 62% of the total votes (159M)?
    And your argument is that polls are always right(even though they are notoriously incorrect), and that a guy who couldn't muster 30 people to a rally got more than a 80million votes, the most in history?

  14. #2854
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And your argument is that polls are always right(even though they are notoriously incorrect), and that a guy who couldn't muster 30 people to a rally got more than a 80million votes, the most in history?
    the part where biden got more votes than obama, really puts the false narrative on the forefront.

    Obama was the 'hope and change' in 2008 and the euphoria wave was huge. Dude was a fucking rock star during the run up - huge rallys everywhere - before he was even president. It was pretty obvious who was going to win even in the summer.

    I saw Obama signs in southern Manitoba (by the border) .... LOL
    Last edited by revelations; 01-19-2021 at 12:53 PM.

  15. #2855
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Foothills County
    My Ride
    is faster than yours
    Posts
    1,065
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And your argument is that polls are always right(even though they are notoriously incorrect), and that a guy who couldn't muster 30 people to a rally got more than a 80million votes, the most in history?
    Did Biden really get that many votes or is it more that many people voted against Trump? My guess is the latter factored in pretty substantially.

  16. #2856
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    # of people at rallies is not a good indicator of how many votes they get. This was also compounded by how seriously each side took the pandemic i.e. Trump team continued to hold large in-person rallies while Biden team didn't do any large events and instead did drive thru/virtual events from his basement. Not to mention the fact that biden is just boring as hell compared to trump.

    In terms of overall # of votes, the US population grew about 25M people between 2008 and 2020, and then on top of that you have an extremely polarizing president that got people interested in politics when they didn't give a shit before. Additionally, expansion of mail in/absentee voting made it easier to vote. These factors contributed to the record turnout for 2020 just like everyone predicted.

  17. #2857
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I look forward to when the change over is done and we can just get to riding Biden for his policy decisions and stop with the election talk. It's done... Time to move on and make ourselves crazy about shit that is actually still happening. It's a pipe dream I know...
    Bob Blakeborough

  18. #2858
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    One more day. Might actually bother to watch the inauguration live.
    Opportunity Cost : Columbus spent $0 on burned carbon fuels to find America.

  19. #2859
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I miss Trump's tweets.

  20. #2860
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I miss Trump's tweets.
    I miss the entertainment value that's for sure.

    It is nice to be able to listen to a presidential address and not lose brain cells though, even if it is a pre-crafted one by a team of writers - Generally you get fact-checking & well laid out thoughts that way too (who would have thought?), so I'll count it as a win.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 133 142 143 144 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL: 2020 Weather and Road Conditions MEGA THREAD

    By ExtraSlow in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1276
    Latest Threads: 12-30-2020, 11:16 AM
  2. OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread

    By asp integra in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 497
    Latest Threads: 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2019-2020 Edition

    By D'z Nutz in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 588
    Latest Threads: 09-14-2020, 10:48 AM
  4. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •