Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see any way Trump wins the election if things were fair. But between voter manipulation, sketchy voting machines, electoral college, and the fox propaganda machine ... who knows who will win. Then there's the other half of the question is if he loses will he actually leave office willingly.
    Fair in what way? Sort of hilarious how you call Fox 'propaganda'... but say nothing of CNN, MSNBC or any of the mainstream media outlets who are fully engaged in propaganda of their own.

Trump winning again *despite* everything going against him at present will be quite the accomplishment.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by masoncgy View Post
    Fair in what way? Sort of hilarious how you call Fox 'propaganda'... but say nothing of CNN, MSNBC or any of the mainstream media outlets who are fully engaged in propaganda of their own.

Trump winning again *despite* everything going against him at present will be quite the accomplishment.
    Do you view yourself as a victim of life? Is that why you relate so well to Trump? Every step he's pulled the victim card. Poor Trump being bullied by the media, poor trump being bullied by the democrats trying to hold him accountable, poor trump immigrants are bullying america, poor trump china is being mean and having a trade war. Seriously, the guy is a fucking wuss that tries to act tough after the fact. If thats what you view as power then it says a lot about your life.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:30 PM.

My Ride
    ute

People get so triggered by Trump, lol

I don't see any way Trump wins the election if things were fair. But between voter manipulation, sketchy voting machines, electoral college, and the fox propaganda machine ... who knows who will win. Then there's the other half of the question is if he loses will he actually leave office willingly.

Well obviously there is a pretty good chance of him winning if it's fair. Or the Dems wouldn't be going to all the trouble of manipulating voters, owning shares in sketchy voting machines, pushing mail in ballots, and running smear campaigns from the other 90% of news media which they own and is designed to run propaganda from their side. They already had a major effect on the midterms by pushing the impeachment narrative the entire time, despite knowing months prior that everything to do with the Russian collusion investigation was false and fabricated. They certainly never expected Trump to win in 2016, they're certainly not taking any chances this time around.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    The statistician in me says 0% chance of Trump winning the popular vote, but 69% chance Trump wins the election
    Wow. I just don't watch the news, at all, but my gut says 90% chance of Trump winning. It's essentially a time of war and 100% of the time, all the time, the incumbent wins.
    Consider how mocked and hated Dubyah was in his second election and yet in the highest voter turnout the United States has ever seen, he won. Republicans get off their ass and vote while critics assumedly stay in their mom's basement playing Magic The Gathering. I was amazed he won but it's gotta say something about how many Righties there are in USA that even in the highest voter turnout, he still won.

My Ride
    NC1

Gen Z. Socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

Do the stats back this? But what does that really mean when they say the future of conservatism is strong in the USA?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

And if he loses and doesn't leave willingly, then what?

He has attempted and done stuff in his first term that is quite astounding - things just don't seem to stick to him and even if they do, he just bulldozes through. What would anyone do if he doesn't accept a loss, declares that the election was rife with fraud or whatever and that he should and will continue on as the all supreme American leader - note that I didn't say USA leader because he has already stated he is the leader of America and there probably is a very distinct reason why Trump has said that in the past.

It's really quite something to watch, this whole Trump thing, somewhere the guy must be getting daily coatings of Teflon because all of us would be be completely buried many times over by the stuff that hasn't stuck to him.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    It's really quite something to watch, this whole Trump thing, somewhere the guy must be getting daily coatings of Teflon because all of us would be be completely buried many times over by the stuff that hasn't stuck to him.
    That's an excellent skill, and one that you can train yourself into to some extent. Leaders all need some level of this to be successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Wow. I just don't watch the news, at all, but my gut says 90% chance of Trump winning. It's essentially a time of war and 100% of the time, all the time, the incumbent wins.
    Consider how mocked and hated Dubyah was in his second election and yet in the highest voter turnout the United States has ever seen, he won. Republicans get off their ass and vote while critics assumedly stay in their mom's basement playing Magic The Gathering. I was amazed he won but it's gotta say something about how many Righties there are in USA that even in the highest voter turnout, he still won.
    I would have given him better odds, but the riots arent going to last until November. Plus it isnt like any Dems have decided he's doing a great job and will vote for him, but there are plenty of Reps that regret voting him in. If the Dems werent dumb enough to have Biden as their front runner, Trumps odds would be significantly worse. I guess they're going for name recognition above everything else. Either way, enjoy the show. Neither of them is good for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Gen Z. Socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

Do the stats back this? But what does that really mean when they say the future of conservatism is strong in the USA?
    Record debt levels show fiscal conservatism is a lie.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There are no fiscal conservatives left in North America.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Participate in the most unbiased and scientific poll in history, here: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/landing...mp-vs-dem-poll
    Hahahahahahahaha that's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    The statistician in me says 0% chance of Trump winning the popular vote, but 69% chance Trump wins the election
    I agree with 0% on popular vote but I don't think he has 69% to win the election.

I think it's more around 40% actually for the following reasons.

1. in 2016 People voted for the less of two evils. So Trump had a lot of democrat votes as well even though they didn't approve of him they didn't want Hillary.
    2. Same goes for republicans at the time.

I checked the stats there is
    31% Democrats
    30% Republicans
    36% Independent

For registered voters in the USA. So democrats need those swing states + Some republicans.

I don't think a single vote for hiliary in 2016 will be voting for trump in 2020 but I think some of the votes for trump (Republicans) will vote for democrats this time around (Not a large % But maybe 2-3% of those voters (No facts to back this up i need to confirm numbers)

So Basically media makes it seem Trump is a favorite but I think if voter turnout is an all-time high for 2020 he will loss but if there is low voter turnout then Trump wins.

Every single Trump supporter will go and vote for him, and the second wave of covid19 is suppose to peak at the end of Sept 2020.

What trump has to do is to make voting more difficult so less democrats can vote and a lot of the independent voters to just avoid voting.

Mind you we are talking about the lives of 330 million people right now and both parties are only giving a shit about getting votes and will do what they need right now to get them.

I got a few more things I'd want to add but I really want to check the stats first.

I really don't see him at 69% right now.

He is currently even (Which is the worst he has ever stood) on Bodog

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

And even worse odds for him on Partypoker.

click for larger version

I've bet a bit against him a few months ago and over a year ago and recently hedged my bets a little bit, I might hedge them a bit more here, I think I need to hedge more before the 3 month rent grace period in the USA is over and see what happens then and how he handles it. (It's going to be a lose/lose for the US economy either way it plays out at the time)

+ first thing about Fundamental Analysis is that markets are very irrational before elections so the markets should be pretty volatile ahead and I don't see this being in a good way with such high unemployment still.

click for larger version

It's going to be very interesting and some regular people are betting very big on trump still. So maybe they know something I don't know.

https://twitter.com/AWice/status/1271230944767139840 <-- I remember in 2016 he bet 100k+ on trump at 5:1 though so he might just be a huge supporter or he knows something we don't.

Downside: Trump is working with Alex Nix from former cambridge analytica again..

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...zkowski-114075

Soo this realllly should be bringing up his odds I guess he has to be around 50% now with them? (Currently)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    *The First*

Why not Ron Perlman?

Anyone paying attention to the revelations in the Bolton book? Pretty crazy stuff if true. If only he testified in the Senate....would have made for very interesting TV. Still not entirely sure why he wouldn't testify in the House impeachment but was ready and willing to do it in the Senate if compelled.

Anyways I think it's almost worse for Trump if they successfully block the book release...it just means that stuff will slowly leak out during the campaign season. IMO he's better off having it all out now and hope that people forget about it by November.

So what if Trump loses but questions the validity of the vote and subsequently refuses to leave the White House and the role he's currently in?

Such a scenario is likely a very real possibility given all the stuff Trump has done up to now, what would be the next steps if Trump so brazenly went ahead and did such a thing.

My Ride
    Ford F150

They would send Biden in to grope his wife and daughter. He'd get high-fives and Trump would storm off in anger.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    ute

So what if Trump loses but questions the validity of the vote and subsequently refuses to leave the White House and the role he's currently in?

Such a scenario is likely a very real possibility given all the stuff Trump has done up to now, what would be the next steps if Trump so brazenly went ahead and did such a thing.
    you think the president can just change the constitution? You think the president can physically occupy the white house?

I think this has to literally be the stupidest question I've seen circulating the internet lately. I don't even get why someone would say "This is a real possibility". Like do people forget the retard that was in the white house before Trump? If nobody was worried about that buffoon refusing to leave the WH after his past behavior as president, then why worry about Trump?

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Wonder if people have considered that if trump loses he might just run again
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 8 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast