Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Strange that you assume it will be unfair towards Trump winning. Why not the other way around?

I'm expecting a Trump victory none the less, and I'm prepared to mute social media for a few weeks afterwards to avoid the online backlash and diatribe between the factions. US politics are greasy.
    Unless you are blind its pretty clear to see a lot of Trumps support is collapsing. He was handed a re-election guarantee on a silver platter with covid and all he had to do is let the medical experts run the show and he would've been golden but instead he's running the states into the ground.

As to why I think it'll be unfair towards Trump winning? Constant attacks on mail in ballots, appointing a new head of USPS and now all of a sudden mail backlogs are struggling, how badly districts are gerrymandered to make the electoral college favor one side.

Have you ever looked at some of their voting districts?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Gerrymandering is a scourge, but has Trump even really made it that much worse? It's been happening for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Gerrymandering is a scourge, but has Trump even really made it that much worse? It's been happening for decades.
    He hasn't done anything but republican states are typically the worst for districting. It's given the republicans an advantage in the electoral college. Hence loosing the popular vote but winning the electoral college last election which I'd argue makes the election less fair.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    He hasn't done anything but republican states are typically the worst for districting. It's given the republicans an advantage in the electoral college. Hence loosing the popular vote but winning the electoral college last election which I'd argue makes the election less fair.
    Can't argue with that. I think they need a rule that the area-to-exterior length ratio can only go up during changes.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Can't argue with that. I think they need a rule that the area-to-exterior length ratio can only go up during changes.
    Districts are being redrawn after this election which is why 2020 is actually a really huge year. Tbh Trump imploding now could actually pave way for the democrats to level the playing field and win a lot more future elections too.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1291679225657929728

Lulz. What a moran

You’d think these guys would be better at reading from teleprompters by now.
    Fake news. That is the correct pronounciation.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

What's funny is that Democrats would probably win almost every election if every American citizen had an equal weight to their vote, or if they had an objectively perfect voting system like ranked choice. I am pretty sure each Republican president in the last 20 years (and perhaps longer) has lost the popular vote but won due to gerrymandering and the electoral college.

The Dems certainly aren't innocent, it's just that the GOP is 10X worse for doing shady/illegal things like blatant voter suppression and blocking every single mutually beneficial bill that has ever come across their desk that had to do with voter security, ranked choice voting, etc. Just look at what happened when Trump installed his own guy as head of the USPS lol. Mail-in ballots just got a whole lot more questionable.

The electoral college is unbelievably stupid, and is also why candidates only bother campaigning in a handful of battleground states because there's only a few that even matter for a victory. Unfortunately it would require an amendment to the constitution to change.

To me, the most eye opening thing is that any mutually beneficial bill that promotes fair elections (for BOTH sides) or increased election security, the Republicans want nothing to do with. That pretty much says it all haha.

I hope whoever the next president is (after Trump) is able to increase election security and get rid of some of the BS like gerrymandering, but they'll be on global clean-up duty for at least half their term haha.

As an outsider this is all very entertaining, but for the majority of Americans it's probably quite frustrating.

He wouldn't be able to, really. States are responsible for the redistricting.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    What's funny is that Democrats would probably win almost every election if every American citizen had an equal weight to their vote, or if they had an objectively perfect voting system like ranked choice. I am pretty sure each Republican president in the last 20 years (and perhaps longer) has lost the popular vote but won due to gerrymandering and the electoral college.

The Dems certainly aren't innocent, it's just that the GOP is 10X worse for doing shady/illegal things like blatant voter suppression and blocking every single mutually beneficial bill that has ever come across their desk that had to do with voter security, ranked choice voting, etc. Just look at what happened when Trump installed his own guy as head of the USPS lol. Mail-in ballots just got a whole lot more questionable.

The electoral college is unbelievably stupid, and is also why candidates only bother campaigning in a handful of battleground states because there's only a few that even matter for a victory. Unfortunately it would require an amendment to the constitution to change.

To me, the most eye opening thing is that any mutually beneficial bill that promotes fair elections (for BOTH sides) or increased election security, the Republicans want nothing to do with. That pretty much says it all haha.

I hope whoever the next president is (after Trump) is able to increase election security and get rid of some of the BS like gerrymandering, but they'll be on global clean-up duty for at least half their term haha.

As an outsider this is all very entertaining, but for the majority of Americans it's probably quite frustrating.
    Without gerrymandering, the US would be a one-party state?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Maybe one of them should use election reform as a platform, and then never mention it again after being elected.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Maybe one of them should use election reform as a platform, and then never mention it again after being elected.
    What you did there. I see it.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Russher is still in it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/07/u...erference.html

Russia Continues Interfering in Election to Try to Help Trump, U.S. Intelligence Says
    But a new assessment says China would prefer to see the president defeated, though it is not clear Beijing is doing much to meddle in the 2020 campaign to help Joseph R. Biden Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's nice the USA has so many outside influences to blame its dysfunction on. Nice.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

It's nice the USA has so many outside influences to blame its dysfunction on. Nice.
    It's almost like they reap what they sow. 70+ years of fucking around with other countries governments and elections has come home to roost.

Too bad we get caught in the crossfire. Not that we're innocent either, just less so.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Muhajadeen = reap what you sow.

I mean, it's all sick and sad, but.... maybe karma is real?

My Ride

All we get are the Kielburgers.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    All we get are the Kielburgers.
    Seee, karma issss reallllssss.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Suppressing mail in votes to the extent that his unqualified guy is running the US Postal Service now.
    If mail in ballot fraud is the only way for the Dems to steal this election, I don't think it's a bad thing for Trump to do everything in his power to suppress it.

However, with the traps Trump has been setting for the Dems, I wouldn't doubt this was another one. If he can make the Dems question if they're mail in vote fraud can be successful or not, or better yet make them think that Trump can instill his own mail in vote fraud on a larger scale than Dems even plan. Then they might just drop the whole thing.
    Last edited by Misterman; 08-07-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It's an interesting logic split some Canadians have. The lack of some type of electoral college or proportional representation is exactly why the west is forever fucked by the Feds when it comes to Canada. But the US has a solution for this, and you have Canadians saying "Well I don't like Trump and I think this favors him, so it's bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Can't believe the Republicans have been fighting against voter ID laws so hard........................

My Ride

It's ok when Trump and his family uses mail in ballots then? As well as voting in a state that he is not allowed to vote in.

Page 12 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast