Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 146 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The election will not be called on 2 Nov - might not be til 2021, like back in 2000.

This is nothing like a standard election lol. 50M people have already voted by mail, and I think 40M of those were before the hunter Biden allegations came out last week. The popular vote and final electoral college tally don’t really highlight how close it actually was. Michigan, PA, Wisconsin were within 1%. It was literally down to something like 200k key votes that decided the presidency, certainly not a landslide. It’s going to come down to whether or not people stay home in those states again or not and personally I don’t think people will make that same mistake. I bet this will be the highest turnout in a long time, probably more than the 2008 election.

Also don’t forget how many people voted third party last year because they thought it was a Hilary guaranteed win and it wouldn’t matter. This time I think people understand how much of a factor third party votes are and won’t be voting green/libertarian again

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The election will not be called on 2 Nov - might not be til 2021, like back in 2000.
    Does that mean that we see President Pelosi for a few months?

https://www.khanacademy.org/humaniti...ection-of-2000

Bush v. Gore
    In the resulting case, Bush v. Gore, the US Supreme Court ordered that the recount be stopped. The incomplete recount was halted, and Bush was awarded Florida’s electoral votes and declared the president-elect.

The Supreme Court decision in Bush v. Gore was controversial because the 5-4 vote was along partisan lines, meaning the justices appointed by Republican presidents (with the exception of Justice David Souter) ruled in favor of Bush, and the justices appointed by Democratic presidents argued in favor of Gore. Another point of controversy in the 2000 election was the fact that George W. Bush’s brother, Jeb Bush, was the governor of Florida at the time of the recount, although no evidence of wrongdoing surfaced. Al Gore conceded the election to Bush, but disagreed with the US Supreme Court’s ruling.

The 2000 presidential election was the closest in the history of the US Electoral College and the first ever to be decided by the US Supreme Court.

George W. Bush entered office as an embattled president, with many questioning his legitimacy. Although Bush worked to unite the country in the wake of the September 11th terrorist attacks, he proved a polarizing figure during his presidency.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This is nothing like a standard election lol. 50M people have already voted by mail, and I think 40M of those were before the hunter Biden allegations came out last week. The popular vote and final electoral college tally don’t really highlight how close it actually was. Michigan, PA, Wisconsin were within 1%. It was literally down to something like 200k key votes that decided the presidency, certainly not a landslide. It’s going to come down to whether or not people stay home in those states again or not and personally I don’t think people will make that same mistake. I bet this will be the highest turnout in a long time, probably more than the 2008 election.

Also don’t forget how many people voted third party last year because they thought it was a Hilary guaranteed win and it wouldn’t matter. This time I think people understand how much of a factor third party votes are and won’t be voting green/libertarian again
    Yeah this hoard of Democrat pre voters with voters remorse could be a big outlier. I don't think the average voter has any insight at all on the things you're talking about, you're giving the American voter an awful lot of credit and assuming they are MUCH smarter and involved than the average Canadian voter.

Anything can happen, I'm not holding my breath one way or the other. But it would not surprise me in the least if Trump won again, that's where are all the logical signs are pointing towards.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Yeah this hoard of Democrat pre voters with voters remorse could be a big outlier. I
    Biden pre-voters care as much about that controversy as Trudeau voters care about his.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Biden pre-voters care as much about that controversy as Trudeau voters care about his.
    Yea, that whole google trend for people searching if they could change their votes after the final debate, total fake news.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Yea, that whole google trend for people searching if they could change their votes after the final debate, total fake news.
    Ah yes, because it's a fact that 100% of advanced voters were voting Democrat, and it was Hunters name in the debate that changed their mind, but not when the controversy started weeks before and when Joe was defending him then.

Ignoring all that though, let's look at the actual data. Let's compare the amount of "change your vote" trends VS, I dunno, something random like Seinfeld. Let's look.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...0vote,Seinfeld

At the absolute peak of "change your vote" trend, Seinfeld still had 3 times the interest.

So yeah, you aren't wrong, but in context, its a hilariously low number
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 10-24-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Ah yes, because it's a fact that 100% of advanced voters were voting Democrat, and it was Hunters name in the debate that changed their mind, but not when the controversy started weeks before and when Joe was defending him then.

Ignoring all that though, let's look at the actual data. Let's compare the amount of "change your vote" trends VS, I dunno, something random like Seinfeld. Let's look.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...0vote,Seinfeld

At the absolute peak of "change your vote" trend, Seinfeld still had 3 times the searches.

So yeah, you aren't wrong, but in context, its a hilariously low number
    Seemed it was more his performance in the latest debate that is swaying people. Polling is showing that more people are interested in switching their votes from Biden to something else, which could be extrapolated to pre voting.

Or how about comparing to 2016?
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...%20your%20vote

Not as much compared to 2016 which is surprising considering that 2020 had like 5-10x the early votes. One conclusion from this is that people don’t care about the hunter Biden stuff compared to the re opening of Hilary email investigation?

Ha. They should do one for the health care plan too. It’s been two weeks away for about 4 years now so it’s gotta be imminent now!

Be interesting to see how Florida goes this year.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons

My Ride
    Silverado

Biden forgets who's president:

sounds like Joe is already in a different world.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 10-26-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Biden forgets who's president:

sounds like Joe is already in a different world.
    Trump forgets he has a son:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...el-trevor-noah

Looks like they're both in a different world, Trump doesn't even know who's in his own family
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-26-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Fucking old people. Really hope the next wave of leadership for both parties are under 55.

Fucking old people. Really hope the next wave of leadership for both parties are under 55.
    US Presidents don't even have to pass a background check. The only criteria is over 35, resident in the USA for at least 14 years and a natural born citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Trump forgets he has a son:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...el-trevor-noah

Looks like they're both in a different world, Trump doesn't even know who's in his own family
    This is why the left has no credibility any longer. They try and compare Trump saying this is important to his wife, to Biden straight up not having a clue where he is or what is going on, like they are the same thing.

My Ride
    *The First*

It makes a huge difference. Look how wonderful Heir Justin is turning out for Canada.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This is why the left has no credibility any longer. They try and compare Trump saying this is important to his wife, to Biden straight up not having a clue where he is or what is going on, like they are the same thing.
    Yea I dont get it either - if trumpet man was gaffing up all over the debates the last few months, the mass media would have jumped on each one for days.

With Biden though, its obvious when he is off his anti-aging drugs or what have you - whatever drugs trump is using are obviously better.

Biden also stated recently that they have the best voter fraud organization in history:

https://youtu.be/C6u1uKznCYw?t=1065

------------------------------------------------

Also, trumpet mans supposed ally Putin - has come in support of biden and against trump on the Biden corruption affair - as far as Russia goes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27A0TA
    Last edited by revelations; 10-26-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Yea I dont get it either - if trumpet man was gaffing up all over the debates the last few months, the mass media would have jumped on each one for days.

With Biden though, its obvious when he is off his anti-aging drugs or what have you.

Biden also stated recently that they have the best voter fraud organization in history:

https://youtu.be/C6u1uKznCYw?t=1065
    The only thing that is obvious is if someone likes Trump, everything Biden says is perceived as worse, and if someone likes Biden, anything Trump says is perceived as worse. If you are trying to find conversational blunders from either of them, it's a goldmine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MyL...l=OnDemandNews

Page 40 of 146 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast