Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 139 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 139 of 146 FirstFirst ... 129 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    China has money, they don't have credibility.
    International credibility doesn't have much to do with how good it is to live there, its about power. Money is a giant part of that, so it does matter. Militarily China is getting to the point that no one but America can fuck with them, and America would have to be willing to take enormous losses to do so. Politically, China made big gains when Trump pulled America out of several big trade partnerships, leaving the rest of the partners to suck Chinas dick. And China has stability, it won't last forever, but for the foreseeable future China is marching forward with a unified vision so at least other countries can make plans. America is stumbling around puking on itself politically and will likely be having violent mood swings every 4-8 years if not dividing completely.

I get that it offends your values to think that a centrally planned economy could succeed, but in the short term they are gaining lots of power, and can do a lot of damage before they rip themselves apart internally. The issue is that "short term" with regards to countries could mean decades or even centuries. So one of the biggest questions is, what does the world do? Hope the US gets its shit together to act as useful opponents? Bend the knee to China? Try to stay neutral and hope we end up like Switzerland and not like a bunch of Eastern Europe circa early 20th century?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    International credibility doesn't have much to do with how good it is to live there, its about power. Money is a giant part of that, so it does matter. Militarily China is getting to the point that no one but America can fuck with them, and America would have to be willing to take enormous losses to do so. Politically, China made big gains when Trump pulled America out of several big trade partnerships, leaving the rest of the partners to suck Chinas dick. And China has stability, it won't last forever, but for the foreseeable future China is marching forward with a unified vision so at least other countries can make plans. America is stumbling around puking on itself politically and will likely be having violent mood swings every 4-8 years if not dividing completely.

I get that it offends your values to think that a centrally planned economy could succeed, but in the short term they are gaining lots of power, and can do a lot of damage before they rip themselves apart internally. The issue is that "short term" with regards to countries could mean decades or even centuries. So one of the biggest questions is, what does the world do? Hope the US gets its shit together to act as useful opponents? Bend the knee to China? Try to stay neutral and hope we end up like Switzerland and not like a bunch of Eastern Europe circa early 20th century?
    Credibility and Influence are two different things.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

China is the Donald Trump of countries
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Credibility and Influence are two different things.
    Go on

My Ride
    ute

Go on
    China can exert influence (project power), but nobody is going to actually trust them.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    So we should expect China Syndrome?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So we should expect China Syndrome?
    Did you even 2020?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

China can exert influence (project power), but nobody is going to actually trust them.
    Hungary has asked to side step EU regulation to use Sinovac vaccine.

China on its own doesn't have enough for its own citizens but the vaccine diplomacy is working wonders applying to strategic locations.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-15-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Fair enough, but in the context of what Sexual Banana said about China filling the vacuum in Americas absence, it doesn't really matter if people trust China if they end up being the biggest player in the game. They're spreading through Africa and South America, who both know China can't be trusted, but aren't in a position to say no. Right now Canada, Europe, America are still in a position to somewhat hold them out, but that could change, trustworthy or not

My Ride
    ute

Fair enough, but in the context of what Sexual Banana said about China filling the vacuum in Americas absence, it doesn't really matter if people trust China if they end up being the biggest player in the game. They're spreading through Africa and South America, who both know China can't be trusted, but aren't in a position to say no. Right now Canada, Europe, America are still in a position to somewhat hold them out, but that could change, trustworthy or not
    The Africans and the South Americans have been doing the crooked corruption game longer than anyone. China is just a mark.

My Ride
    Bicycle

China is now spending as much as US and has the potential of 2x US in the next 20-30 years. That's big dick China is swinging around.

China is spending huge in innovation, almost on par to US.

Our capitalist system has gave away everything to Asia. Even Intel has thrown in the towel this week and asked TSMC to build their chips.

Luckily the only problem China got is their shitty CCP gov. So the brain drain is still toward US. But if US can't keep a control the extremists (on both side), they may also lose that advantage.

The Africans and the South Americans have been doing the crooked corruption game longer than anyone. China is just a mark.
    And that's the problem. Chinese money rarely have woke ideologies attached. They don't care how you put your own citizens into concentration camps as long as you don't criticize them. It's just business.

Biden could definitely create a power vacuum around the globe. What will be a big one: If they absolve all US student debt, that will basically signal to the world that the USA is no better than anyone else in the world. If you can't squeeze 2% economic growth out of a born and bred USA teenager, you might as well just hire the engineer from India to build your fighter jets.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    China is now spending as much as US and has the potential of 2x US in the next 20-30 years. That's big dick China is swinging around.

China is spending huge in innovation, almost on par to US.

Our capitalist system has gave away everything to Asia. Even Intel has thrown in the towel this week and asked TSMC to build their chips.

Luckily the only problem China got is their shitty CCP gov. So the brain drain is still toward US. But if US can't keep a control the extremists (on both side), they may also lose that advantage.

And that's the problem. Chinese money rarely have woke ideologies attached. They don't care how you put your own citizens into concentration camps as long as you don't criticize them. It's just business.
    Every centrally planned economy succeeds. Until it stops succeeding, usually spectacularly.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Every centrally planned economy succeeds. Until it stops succeeding, usually spectacularly.
    I expect when XI dies or ready to hand off, it'll be a shit show. But that's probably at least another decade or so. Xi is only 67. If you see how much he has done in the last 8 years, it will be interesting for the next 8-10.

And there are tons of problem with yes man politics inside China too. There are a lot of failures that Xi has to absorb or clean up where people tells him one thing but reality is no where near.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-15-2021 at 12:06 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I expect when XI dies or ready to hand off, it'll be a shit show. But that's probably at least another decade or so. Xi is only 67. If you see how much he has done in the last 8 years, it will be interesting for the next 8-10.

And there are tons of problem with yes man politics inside China too. There are a lot of failures that Xi has to absorb or clean up where people tells him one thing but reality is no where near.
    You sure you want to talk about that particular person dying on a message board on the internet? RIP Xtrema.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    So Wuhan virus is like a global STD?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So Wuhan virus is like a global STD?
    And bats are like Stormy Daniels to China

fact.

My Ride
    Silverado

Not like he said he looks like winnie the pooh

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Not like he said he looks like winnie the pooh
    Lost in translation. I probably have to watch my ass if I ever have to transit thru HK.

Speaking of which, looks like everyone in HK is switching from Facebook to MeWe. Am I going to be on US list now too mistaken to be QAnon?

Fascinating, I need to hear this one. How is their corruption going to screw China?

Note: I'm not arguing they aren't corrupt, I'm just wondering how they will take their methods of fucking over their citizens and somehow wield them against China?

My Ride
    ute

Fascinating, I need to hear this one. How is their corruption going to screw China?

Note: I'm not arguing they aren't corrupt, I'm just wondering how they will take their methods of fucking over their citizens and somehow wield them against China?
    China builds them roads, infrastructure, gives them money for economic development. Whatever it is.

Tinpot dictator #1 is replaced by Tinpot dictator #2 who nationalizes everything.

Page 139 of 146 FirstFirst ... 129 138 139 140 ... LastLast