Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22
Results 421 to 429 of 429

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Aspen, bitch
    My Ride
    182-horse-ranch, baby
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    News flash: Both sides of the aisle will take whatever position is currently convenient for them on a given issue regardless of previously-held position on same issue.
    There is only one side actively pushing to reduce women's reproductive rights though.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Elbonia
    My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is only one side actively pushing to reduce women's reproductive rights though.
    I fail to see what that has to do with my comment, which didn't even mention reproductive rights.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    No longer Savage. :(
    Posts
    7,646
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    single-issue voters will never have trouble picking a side.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins haggard face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one gives maritimers shit for culturally appropriating donairs.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    calgary, alberta, canada
    My Ride
    Lezbox
    Posts
    5,479
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I really don’t understand the dem’s threat of expanding the court, if they win and do it, why would t the republicans do the same right after that? If the dems win it is likely there will likely be at least 2 more appointments coming up in the next 8 years (Breyer and Thomas).
    Last edited by finboy; Yesterday at 06:49 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Aspen, bitch
    My Ride
    182-horse-ranch, baby
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fail to see what that has to do with my comment, which didn't even mention reproductive rights.
    The "both sides are corrupt" argument, while valid, neglects the fact that one side is objectively worse.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    No longer Savage. :(
    Posts
    7,646
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "both sides are corrupt" argument while valid, neglects the fact that one side is objectively worse.
    SO, both sidesw are somewhat similar, but not in every aspect, and it's your opinion that one issue is "objectively" more important than any other, and has only only moral opinion. Gotcha.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins haggard face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one gives maritimers shit for culturally appropriating donairs.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Elbonia
    My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "both sides are corrupt" argument, while valid, neglects the fact that one side is objectively worse.
    Sorry, I don't recall mentioning corruption, or abortion, or relative merits of American political party platforms. Who are you having this conversation with?


    Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don’t understand the dem’s threat of expanding the court, if they win and do it, why would t the republicans do the same right after that? If the dems win it is likely there will likely be at least 2 more appointments coming up in the next 8 years (Breyer and Thomas).
    The threat is an empty one. Dems know that stacking the court is the short-term nuclear option - they got burned the last time they took it (see: voting requirements on federal court appointments) so I can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to do it twice in ten years.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Aspen, bitch
    My Ride
    182-horse-ranch, baby
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SO, both sidesw are somewhat similar, but not in every aspect, and it's your opinion that one issue is "objectively" more important than any other, and has only only moral opinion. Gotcha.
    cry.JPG

    I just don't think that we should legislate morality at that level and that religion be kept out of government, that's all. It's fine to disagree.

    I'm just upset that there is no party for a fiscally liberal, social conservative like me.

    Ok now, bring on them neg. reps .

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "both sides are corrupt" argument, while valid, neglects the fact that one side is objectively worse.
    This is the most narrow sighted simpleton statement I've ever seen in regards to the issue you are trying to discuss.

    I am all for abortion, hell, I think it should be mandatory in a lot of cases. But even I'm not blinded by my own personal opinions enough to pretend like the anti abortion stance isn't a pretty strong position that is hard to debate the other side of. Yes women should have the right over their bodies. Unfortunately your rights end when they infringe on someone elses So by default it is an impossible argument to win, because abortion involves valuing one humans right to choose, over another humans right to life.

    Now that your strawman is out of the way. Trump has never pushed to take away a womens rights to her body. He has been against late term abortion. And honestly, if you are so pro-abortion that you're cool with killing a 9 month baby that is crowning, you are a fucked up individual.

    Now you can also keep in mind that it's pretty much guaranteed Trump will nominate a woman for this SC seat. So now your entire argument for the Republicans to sit on their hands and not do the job they were elected to do, is that you think a woman has no place determining womens rights...........


    Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cry.JPG

    I just don't think that we should legislate morality at that level and that religion be kept out of government, that's all. It's fine to disagree.

    I'm just upset that there is no party for a fiscally liberal, social conservative like me.

    Ok now, bring on them neg. reps .
    I'm guessing you meant fiscal conservative, socially liberal? I haven't seen you express any socially conservative viewpoints.
    Last edited by Misterman; Today at 12:31 AM.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread

    By asp integra in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 471
    Latest Threads: 09-17-2020, 09:17 PM
  2. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2019-2020 Edition

    By D'z Nutz in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 588
    Latest Threads: 09-14-2020, 10:48 AM
  3. OFFICIAL: 2020 Weather and Road Conditions MEGA THREAD

    By ExtraSlow in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 847
    Latest Threads: 09-08-2020, 10:29 AM
  4. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •