Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 146 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Havent followed thread.

Id vote for trump because he is the only one that is willing to go against CCP. Simple as that. If we dont address the cancer, it will spread to the point of no return. Maybe its too late already lol
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

In 2016, the Republicans blocked Obama from doing this exact thing which is hilarious how hypocritical it is. Their reasons cited are all the ones they're ignoring now.

Also RBG's dying wish was to not have her seat filled until after the election (so that the seat represents the people's majority). She wrote it in a letter, but I doubt that means much to these people.

If that seat gets filled with who Trump wants in there, things abortion rights and gay marriage are in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In 2016, the Republicans blocked Obama from doing this exact thing which is hilarious how hypocritical it is. Their reasons cited are all the ones they're ignoring now.

Also RBG's dying wish was to not have her seat filled until after the election (so that the seat represents the people's majority). She wrote it in a letter, but I doubt that means much to these people.

If that seat gets filled with who Trump wants in there, things abortion rights and gay marriage are in big trouble.
    Dems will be expanding the supreme court in the new year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    If they win including the senate then absolutely they should (if RBG’s vacancy is filled before election). Democrats have been playing nice for far too long and it’s about time they stop. No more of this “we go high they go low” bullshit when clearly republicans don’t care and play by a different set of rules and keep changing them as they see fit. If you can’t beat them, join them.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Literally one hour after her death was announced McConnell was already pushing that they'd rush to fill the seat. Its actually pathetic they couldn't even wait a day to try and pull their bullshit.

If Trump wants to put forth a nominee that's fine but they should wait until after Nov 3rd to confirm. If Trump is re-elected then confirm the judge and if not it should be withdrawn. That's how a democracy should work ... but then again this is America.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Yup, probably. That is just about the only thing they can do if Trump fills that seat.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Literally one hour after her death was announced McConnell was already pushing that they'd rush to fill the seat. Its actually pathetic they couldn't even wait a day to try and pull their bullshit.

If Trump wants to put forth a nominee that's fine but they should wait until after Nov 3rd to confirm. If Trump is re-elected then confirm the judge and if not it should be withdrawn. That's how a democracy should work ... but then again this is America.
    McConnell is worse than Trump IMO, and arguably has more power. This is how they operate, it's sadly not surprising. It also speaks to how worried they are about the election, trying to force the nomination in before November. If they were in any way confident, Trump could drum up some support by appearing to do the right thing and wait until afterwards to fill the seat, but so far anyway that isn't happening. In 2016 the GOP argued tooth and nail to prevent this exact thing, and now that the situation is reversed they are saying it's fine and dismissing all the same arguments they used previously as invalid.

My money is still on him losing, but clearly anything can happen. He can also do a lot of damage between Nov and Jan even if he loses.

Honestly I just feel bad for the general public in America, if this happens it won't do much except for send them back another 100 years when another religious nut job gets appointed to the most powerful court in the country. Hopefully adding some seats (if Biden wins) can reverse that but I guess we'll see.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Yup, probably. That is just about the only thing they can do if Trump fills that seat.

McConnell is worse than Trump IMO, and arguably has more power. This is how they operate, it's sadly not surprising. It also speaks to how worried they are about the election, trying to force the nomination in before November. If they were in any way confident, Trump could drum up some support by appearing to do the right thing and wait until afterwards to fill the seat, but so far anyway that isn't happening. In 2016 they argued tooth and nail to prevent it, and now that the situation is reversed they are saying it's fine.

My money is still on him losing, but clearly anything can happen. He can also do a lot of damage between Nov and Jan.

Honestly I just feel bad for the general public in America, if this happens it won't do much except for send them back another 100 years when another religious nut job gets appointed to the most powerful court in the country. Hopefully adding some seats (if Biden wins) can reverse that but I guess we'll see.
    Yeah, a lot of my US friends sound depressed and just giving up at this point. Even if the Democrats win all 3 pillars it'll take their entire 4 years to undo much of the damage done. And you can guarantee the fox propaganda machine will kick into full swing come 2021 and cry how the democrats are being unfair.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Real power move for Trump is not filing the seat as a show of confidence. I mean, he's going to win anyway, so why rush?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Real power move for Trump is not filing the seat as a show of confidence. I mean, he's going to win anyway, so why rush?
    That goes to what I was saying earlier - at the moment it is showing how worried they are about losing the election, and they have way better data than we get to see.

If he/the GOP was confident, he would come out and announce that he doesn't need to fill the seat early, because hes so confident he will win. He loves to do stuff like that too (because when he fails he just pretends it didn't happen), so the fact that he isn't is a pretty strong indicator IMO, at least based on his history. Instead, they are choosing to make it a huge public debacle right before the election, and when there is plenty of written proof of the GOP being vehemently against this exact thing in 2016 with a Dem president.

My Ride
    ute

you guys sound like you need hugs.

Can't kowtow to progressives like RBG at a time like this.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If Americans wanted to appoint Democrat judges they should have voted in more Democrat senators. Probably a Democrat president as well while they were at it.

But they didn’t. So instead they whine.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Maybe a Biden win would be nice. The ringing whining in my ears might finally stop.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Maybe a Biden win would be nice. The ringing whining in my ears might finally stop.
    Democrats when they hear Trump gets another court nomination

Name:  2613185E-F69D-43DB-933A-84BB2B2C316B.jpeg
Views: 198
Size:  37.5 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If Americans wanted to appoint Democrat judges they should have voted in more Democrat senators. Probably a Democrat president as well while they were at it.

But they didn’t. So instead they whine.
    Most people did actually (millions more), but the way the electoral college works means that each individual vote is far from equal. Also in several states, even if you win by one vote, you get all the other votes too by default which is messed up. There are only a small handful of states that candidates even bother campaigning in for that same reason. Looking back 20 years, it's actually somewhat rare for a Rep. president to win the popular vote, where as that has almost always been the case for Dem. presidents. Just not how their system works unfortunately, and why the GOP is so concerned with gerrymandering. So if your argument is that more people should have voted Dem, they did (around 2% more or 3 million).

2016 was such a weird year, both candidates were not great, and the overwhelming opinion was a Hillary win by a landslide, so voter turnout was poor due to the thought of a guaranteed outcome regardless. Clearly that was not the case, and nobody was more shocked by Trump's win than him and Melania haha. This year should be more representative, one way or the other, as it will bring a lot more people out to vote. I look forward to all the entertainment as things heat up. I wish The Daily Show and Colbert Report were still a thing.

If it's whining that bothers you, pray for Biden to win lol. I don't even want to think about the GOP talking points if that happens.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-21-2020 at 02:02 PM.

The whining will not stop if Biden wins. It would definitely continue, just that it will be from the other side. Hell, the POTUS has been constantly whining about being treated unfairly for the past 3.5 years even though he won.

We are in a new world of extreme division in politics amplified by social media and a divisive leader. It will only get worse as time goes on.

My Ride
    ute

Most people did actually (millions more), but the way the electoral college works means that each individual vote is far from equal. Also in several states, even if you win by one vote, you get all the other votes too by default which is messed up. There are only a small handful of states that candidates even bother campaigning in for that same reason. Looking back 20 years, it's actually somewhat rare for a Rep. president to win the popular vote, where as that has almost always been the case for Dem. presidents. Just not how their system works unfortunately, and why the GOP is so concerned with gerrymandering. So if your argument is that more people should have voted Dem, they did (around 2% more or 3 million).

2016 was such a weird year, both candidates were not great, and the overwhelming opinion was a Hillary win by a landslide, so voter turnout was poor due to the thought of a guaranteed outcome regardless. Clearly that was not the case, and nobody was more shocked by Trump's win than him and Melania haha. This year should be more representative, one way or the other, as it will bring a lot more people out to vote. I look forward to all the entertainment as things heat up.
    I had forgotten that Hillary had won the popular vote - the first 32 million reminders weren't sufficient.

That goes to what I was saying earlier - at the moment it is showing how worried they are about losing the election, and they have way better data than we get to see.

If he/the GOP was confident, he would come out and announce that he doesn't need to fill the seat early, because hes so confident he will win. He loves to do stuff like that too (because when he fails he just pretends it didn't happen), so the fact that he isn't is a pretty strong indicator IMO, at least based on his history. Instead, they are choosing to make it a huge public debacle right before the election, and when there is plenty of written proof of the GOP being vehemently against this exact thing in 2016 with a Dem president.
    You guys and your TDS circle jerk are getting a little carried away here. Plain and simple, polling tells them that it is more favorable with voters to fill the seat now. I mean it's what the government is elected to do for christs sake. And we could do without the hypocrisy surrounding this. The Dems are guilty of literally everything you're accusing Trump and Republicans of doing in regards to trying to "force" this nomination through(AKA do their jobs)

My Ride
    ute

Imagine if starbucks employees stopped doing their jobs 30 minutes before closing....just because.

2016 was such a weird year, both candidates were not great, and the overwhelming opinion was a Hillary win by a landslide, so voter turnout was poor due to the thought of a guaranteed outcome regardless. Clearly that was not the case, and nobody was more shocked by Trump's win than him and Melania haha. This year should be more representative, one way or the other, as it will bring a lot more people out to vote. I look forward to all the entertainment as things heat up. I wish The Daily Show and Colbert Report were still a thing.

If it's whining that bothers you, pray for Biden to win lol. I don't even want to think about the GOP talking points if that happens.
    Sounds like you missed the point. Trump won fair and square, even in a game rigged against him. If Dems wanted to nominate these last few SC seats, then they shouldn't have fraudulently ran a candidate that wasn't palatable with the states they needed in the electoral college to win.

It's ironic that a Canadian would say the word "unfortunate" when referring to the US's electoral college system, when here in Canada everyone gets royally fucked because of the exact opposite system of first past the post. Unfortunate would be an understatement in describing our system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Imagine if starbucks employees stopped doing their jobs 30 minutes before closing....just because.
    Gotta leave some work for the oncoming shift. Don't want them having nothing to do.

Page 20 of 146 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast