2020 US Election mega thread - Page 78 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 78 of 146 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is most incredible to me is that Biden got more, far more, votes than Obama ever did. People loved Obama. Biden, not so much. Maybe there is just that many new voters in 2020 than 2012.
    Its the highest election turnout in a century, and population has increased. Trump has also got more votes then Obama did in both years elected.. From a % vote, they're not higher for Biden then Obama.

Crazy to see how close Georgia is after the swap last night. The high-end media unit of Vox has called it for Biden. Anything to be first!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Its the highest election turnout in a century, and of course population has increased. Trump has also got more votes then Obama did in both years elected..
    Regardless of peoples political affiliations it is good to see the general public more interested in the countries leadership.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Recount already requested in Georgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

PA and GA appear to be in the bag for Biden, both are 99% counted but Trump will for sure get recounts. Nevada still hasn't updated its numbers from yesterday. Apparently PA took so long because they are quadruple checking ballots in anticipation of a lawsuit/recount.

Betting odds are now 95% in favor of Biden.
    If I am not mistaken, he will have flipped 5 states, got the most popular votes in US history and beat an incumbent president for the first time in 28 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    What is most incredible to me is that Biden got more, far more, votes than Obama ever did. People loved Obama. Biden, not so much. Maybe there is just that many new voters in 2020 than 2012.
    Americans don't tend to change their party association - more voters came out this time. Obama was one of the most well liked presidents (he might even be the most but I'd have to check), and Biden was his VP so I suspect that helps. When people are unhappy it tends to motivate them to vote more than the other way around.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Recount already requested in Georgia.
    its their law if its within 0.5%
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    its their law if its within 0.5%
    Thanks Mitsu.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So hypothetically, Biden wins PA, NV, AZ and GA and has a big lead over trump - the electoral college also goes to Biden. Does he win at this point or does Trump still have to concede for him to have that win?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So hypothetically, Biden wins PA, NV, AZ and GA and has a big lead over trump - the electoral college also goes to Biden. Does he win at this point or does Trump still have to concede for him to have that win?
    Biden wouldn't officially win until the results are certified which still takes quite some time. For example California still has 3 million votes to count, nearly all the states are actually still counting but they are one-sided enough that they can call who wins.

If Trump doesn't concede then it wouldn't be until Dec 14th that an official winner is declared.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

If the college votes for Biden, Trump is no longer President as of Jan. 20th, no matter what he does.

Conceding has no bearing on who won. He will never concede even if it is decisive winning all 5 of these states, he will claim until the day he dies that he won and it was somehow stolen from him.

Meanwhile the rest of the process would go on - lawsuits, states certifying their own results, sending Electors, EC voting, congress certifying EC results, then swearing in of Biden on Jan 20

Typically, one side declares victory and the other concedes when it becomes obvious but its more of a formality. In this case, despite what will likely be a landslide victory for Biden, Trump will fight tooth and nail. He has already lost or withdrawn baseless lawsuits in PA, GA, MI, and CA but he isn't done with that. His life is going to be a nightmare when he loses the legal protection of the presidency which is why he is looking so desperate and making a fool of himself with his cringey speeches about fraud.

Trump stays president until January at which point Biden is sworn in so there is plenty of damage he can do still. I don't think you will see a scenario where he refuses to leave, but he will have a some major temper tantrums in the interim for sure.

His ego can't handle a loss of this magnitude, I think he will go the rest of his life believing he won.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Conceding is really just a gesture of sportsmanship.

Biden could be winning by 99% and Trump still wouldn't concede.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 12-07-2020 at 10:42 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Crazy isn't it. The winner of an election has to wait to see if they won the election. Only in America!
    There are so many fraudulent claims to investigate.

My Ride
    *The First*

Was it @pheoxs a page or so ago who said something about registered party members counting ballots?
    That's fucking ridiculous, if that's their system. The minimum requirement to be a scrutineer should be that you are NOT registered as a member of any political party.
    I think Canada just takes volunteers. There's no concept of inviting equal numbers of those most incentivized to cheat and assuming it'll be fair.
    I do have no idea, though.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Was it @pheoxs a page or so ago who said something about registered party members counting ballots?
    That's fucking ridiculous, if that's their system. The minimum requirement to be a scrutineer should be that you are NOT registered as a member of any political party.
    I think Canada just takes volunteers. There's no concept of inviting equal numbers of those most incentivized to cheat and assuming it'll be fair.
    Is that how the “not a liberal” members of our senate have worked out?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    You can read the requirements per state here:
    https://www.eac.gov/sites/default/fi...ndium_2020.pdf

The US system as a whole is fucked. Why people register as a Democrat or Republican I still have no fucking clue. But yes most states have rules around which party gets which role. Here is Pennsylvania as an example since it's in the news a lot lately.

The judge and inspectors of election of each election district shall be elected at the
    municipal election. Each elector may vote for one person as judge and for one person as
    inspector, and the person receiving the highest number of votes for judge shall be
    declared elected judge of election, the person receiving the highest number of votes for
    inspector shall be declared elected majority inspector of election, and the person
    receiving the second highest number of votes for inspector shall be declared elected
    minority inspector of election. 25 P.S. § 2671 (Thomson/West 2020).
    Where officers are appointed, “both shall not be of the same political party at the time of
    said appointment, but one shall be of the party having the largest number of votes and the
    other shall be of the party having the second largest number of votes in said district at the
    last preceding November election . . . . The judge of election shall . . . be of the political
    party having the majority of votes in said district at the last preceding November election
    .”

Where voting machines are not used, each inspector shall appoint one clerk. Where a
    voting machine is used the minority inspector shall appoint one clerk. Where more than
    one voting machine is used, the minority inspector shall appoint one clerk and the county
    board of elections shall appoint, for each additional machine, one qualified registered
    elector of the county to serve as machine inspector. The qualifications of clerks and
    machine inspectors shall be the same as those for election officers.*

25 P.S. Ann § 2674 (Thomson/West 2020).

*Note: Since no voting machines are used in Pennsylvania, the Department of State has regarded this
    provision as applicable to electronic voting systems. Moreover, the Department views these requirements
    as a floor, not a ceiling. To ensure smooth operation at the polling place, the Department encourages
    counties to split their poll books in as many divisions as make sense, and appoint clerks to check in voters
    for each portion of the poll book.
    Marian K. Schneider, Deputy Secretary of Elections and Administration (2016).
    And Georgia:

Affiliation with Political Party Requirement
    and Process for Nomination as Poll Worker
    Affiliation Not Required.
    The political parties involved can submit a list of qualified persons for consideration in
    making appointments for precinct managers. When such lists are submitted to the
    appropriate office, the superintendent or municipal governing authority, insofar as
    practicable, will make appointments so that there is equal representation on the boards for
    the political parties involved
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-06-2020 at 10:52 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You need to register to vote in primaries, and WAY more people register in the states than here where eateries are really only made up of people with relatively serious political interests plus it costs money.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

If I were granted one wish, it would be to see Pelosi disappear.

But then I'd hear Kamala's laugh in the back of my mind, and kick myself for not wishing for another two wishes...

Page 78 of 146 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast