Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 137 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 137 of 146 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

  1. #2721
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, Harley
    Posts
    1,835
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should they be able to say who can and can't use their services to express unfashionable opinions as well? If you say "stop the steal", or "there is no evidence that COVID started in the wet market", or "chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay" on your cell phone, is it fine to ban you from service?
    So this is where the gay frogs are coming from. The more you know!
    Originally posted by rage2
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

  2. #2722
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should they be able to say who can and can't use their services to express unfashionable opinions as well? If you say "stop the steal", or "there is no evidence that COVID started in the wet market", or "chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay" on your cell phone, is it fine to ban you from service?
    sure.

    They should be able to ban you for anything they want. They are private companies and owe you nothing.

  3. #2723
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,563
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Could they ban the gay frogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  4. #2724
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, Harley
    Posts
    1,835
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could they ban the gay frogs?
    You want to ban the froggets?
    Last edited by schurchill39; 01-12-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: need to make the joke more obvious
    Originally posted by rage2
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

  5. #2725
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should they be able to say who can and can't use their services to express unfashionable opinions as well? If you say "stop the steal", or "there is no evidence that COVID started in the wet market", or "chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay" on your cell phone, is it fine to ban you from service?
    https://business.telus.com/en/busine...ble-use-policy

    Telus can ban you by texting "fuck" thru their network if they want to. But they won't enforce it unless they have gone thru a cost/benefit consideration.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-13-2021 at 09:52 AM.

  6. #2726
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    1,277
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://business.telus.com/en/busine...ble-use-policy

    Telus can ban you by texting "fuck" thru their network if they want to.
    When the Telus call centre first had that voice recognition lady-bot, I got frustrated by her lack of comprehension and swore and she was programmed to hang up on people who swore.
    So, I spent the next 90 minutes calling back repeatedly to see how many standard and obscure swear words that she was programmed to recognize. The list was long!
    It was hilarious. I wish YouTube was a thing, then.

  7. #2727
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,563
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Telus can ban you by texting "fuck" thru their network if they want to. But they won't enforce it unless they have gone thru a cost/benefit consideration.
    Apparently my public mobile revenue is pretty valuable to Telus. I probably text the word "fuck" minimum 46 times a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  8. #2728
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Youtube just banned. That escalated quickly.
    Opportunity Cost : Columbus spent $0 on burned carbon fuels to find America.

  9. #2729
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As for the insurrection itself. Not even close, not even the same ballpark, not even the same sport compared to when Canada burned down the White House.
    Opportunity Cost : Columbus spent $0 on burned carbon fuels to find America.

  10. #2730
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,437
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for the insurrection itself. Not even close, not even the same ballpark, not even the same sport compared to when Canada burned down the White House.
    Canada didn't exist until 50 years after that. Britain burned it.

  11. #2731
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canada didn't exist until 50 years after that. Britain burned it.
    We love to take credit for it tho.

  12. #2732
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Blame or Credit. The USA invaded the physical border in North America, they did not set a ship out to shellack London England (although arguably, if Canada lost, London would be the next logical step) Due to extremely low population, the natives of Canada most definitely did make a contribution at least in the attempted land takeover. So you can't just say British, unless you count the entire native population as slave military scrubs.

    If Japan was successful at Hawaii, undoubtedly California would have been next. Some even argue that Japan was successful at taking Hawaii, its only the nuke that stopped them.

    Canada won, decisively.

    Bismark as a Forward Operating Base? Logical.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-14-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Opportunity Cost : Columbus spent $0 on burned carbon fuels to find America.

  13. #2733
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Ummmmm. No it was not the nuke that stopped japan from taking hawaii. All I can say is you need to re-read that chapter of ww2.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

  14. #2734
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is actually the most troublesome thing here. You know its only a matter of time before someone puts together a web page where you can type in a name/email and see if they had a parler account, what they posted, who they followed, etc, which will be used by HR departments/hiring managers around the world to screen people. While i think people that break laws should be prosecuted and deserve to be shamed, i don't like the idea of "ideology lists" like this.
    Know what's even worse?

    Most mobile devices will embed GPS location into every photo or video unless you disable that setting. This is to enable features that let you map out your travels and other things that most people don't really want or care about. The downside of this unbelievably bad idea is obvious. People are giving away their locations without realizing it. Most image sharing sites or social media sites strip this data out because of the obvious consequences. But they usually don't think to do this immediately (facebook didn't at first, nor did imgur, etc).

    Parler made that mistake, so now, people are mapping out everywhere that every picture posted to Parler was taken. Even if you used a fake name, you may have given away your home or work location. There is already a site up that plots every post (without the pic or vid that was posted).

    https://kylemcdonald.net/parler/map/

  15. #2735
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ummmmm. No it was not the nuke that stopped japan from taking hawaii. All I can say is you need to re-read that chapter of ww2.
    Actually, there is quite a lot of genuine debate over whether the bomb(s) ended the war or that the Japanese were ready to surrender anyways. I mean the narrative has always been that it was the reason, but the argument can definitely be made that it was more about a show of strength to the rest of the world by the Americans at the already inevitable end of the war so they come out on the other side in a serious position of dominance.

    I watched a documentary on this a while ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name but it was pretty compelling. By no means am I saying I subscribe to it for certain, but I also would not be surprised. In the end, the narrative written by the winning team is always what we are going to be hit with most.
    Bob Blakeborough

  16. #2736
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    The Japanese were never going to win that war, once the Americans got their industrial machine going. The economic output the Americans can muster is ridiculous.

    The bomb was just designed to save the lives of American soldiers and probably Japanese civilians, since they were pretty much a national religious cult at that point in their history.

  17. #2737
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Know what's even worse?

    Most mobile devices will embed GPS location into every photo or video unless you disable that setting. This is to enable features that let you map out your travels and other things that most people don't really want or care about. The downside of this unbelievably bad idea is obvious. People are giving away their locations without realizing it. Most image sharing sites or social media sites strip this data out because of the obvious consequences. But they usually don't think to do this immediately (facebook didn't at first, nor did imgur, etc).

    Parler made that mistake, so now, people are mapping out everywhere that every picture posted to Parler was taken. Even if you used a fake name, you may have given away your home or work location. There is already a site up that plots every post (without the pic or vid that was posted).

    https://kylemcdonald.net/parler/map/
    People get dox'd for taking Pokemon gyms down. All these are par for course.

  18. #2738
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,084
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Know what's even worse?

    Most mobile devices will embed GPS location into every photo or video unless you disable that setting. This is to enable features that let you map out your travels and other things that most people don't really want or care about. The downside of this unbelievably bad idea is obvious. People are giving away their locations without realizing it. Most image sharing sites or social media sites strip this data out because of the obvious consequences. But they usually don't think to do this immediately (facebook didn't at first, nor did imgur, etc).

    Parler made that mistake, so now, people are mapping out everywhere that every picture posted to Parler was taken. Even if you used a fake name, you may have given away your home or work location. There is already a site up that plots every post (without the pic or vid that was posted).

    https://kylemcdonald.net/parler/map/
    Yea, this is where Apple gets things right. iOS uploads shouldn't have GPS data. iOS has stripped GPS data access for quite a while now to apps, and even earlier for uploads via Safari. You can't even enable it. Other EXIF data is retained, just GPS stripped. The only GPS data that an app has access to is your location when you're uploading the photo, assuming you've granted location access. It's actually a bit of a PITA when you want to genuinely share a photo and want to retain GPS data. Even airdrop strips that shit.

    GPS tagging is a genuinely useful feature, for me anyways. I use that shit daily to find photos.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  19. #2739
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,861
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    It only took two impeachment’s, but finally trump realizes how bad he was getting grifted by Rudy:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/thehill....s-report%3famp

    Sad!

  20. #2740
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,861
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Know what's even worse?

    Most mobile devices will embed GPS location into every photo or video unless you disable that setting. This is to enable features that let you map out your travels and other things that most people don't really want or care about. The downside of this unbelievably bad idea is obvious. People are giving away their locations without realizing it. Most image sharing sites or social media sites strip this data out because of the obvious consequences. But they usually don't think to do this immediately (facebook didn't at first, nor did imgur, etc).

    Parler made that mistake, so now, people are mapping out everywhere that every picture posted to Parler was taken. Even if you used a fake name, you may have given away your home or work location. There is already a site up that plots every post (without the pic or vid that was posted).

    https://kylemcdonald.net/parler/map/
    yikes. i see each data point has an ID... anyone know how to look that ID up to find the content? curious what all the points from calgary are lol. likely harmless but would be interesting to see

Page 137 of 146 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL: 2020 Weather and Road Conditions MEGA THREAD

    By ExtraSlow in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1276
    Latest Threads: 12-30-2020, 11:16 AM
  2. OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread

    By asp integra in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 497
    Latest Threads: 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2019-2020 Edition

    By D'z Nutz in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 588
    Latest Threads: 09-14-2020, 10:48 AM
  4. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •