Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 113 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 113 of 146 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Maybe because that “smoking gun” video turned out to be another nothingburger just like the 30+ other pieces of “evidence” that have been thrown out? You guys really believe anything you see. I would suggest laying off the 2 to 10 hour YouTube videos, they are truly fucking with your heads.

Here is a the guy in charge of election process in Georgia announcing they investigated it (as they should have) and found nothing. (He is also a Republican btw, just like all the other Georgia election officials who have confirmed there was no massive fraud)

Shit I’d be pissed if I was paying Giuliani $20k per day for continuing this crap.
    Last edited by sabad66; 12-06-2020 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Did you watch the video? The cover story does not make sense to me. So the ballots were already opened and checked in front boof observers... then placed into suitcases under a table covered by a tablecloth. Then brought out for processing once everyone else has been told to go home for the night. And that sounds like normal procedure to you?
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you watch the video? The cover story does not make sense to me. So the ballots were already opened and checked in front boof observers... then placed into suitcases under a table covered by a tablecloth. Then brought out for processing once everyone else has been told to go home for the night. And that sounds like normal procedure to you?
    Two high-level officials with the Georgia secretary of state's office and a state elections board monitor each told Lead Stories that their investigations revealed nothing suspicious in the video. The officials said the ballots seen in the video were in regular ballot containers -- not suitcases -- and they had been removed from their envelopes and processed while news media and election observers for the Republican Party and Trump campaign were present. The media and party observers were never told to leave because counting was over for the night, but they apparently followed workers who left once their job of opening envelopes was completed, the chief investigator for the secretary of state told Lead Stories. The observers were free to return at anytime, she said. Georgia law allows observers, but does not require them to be there for ballots to be counted, she said.
    1. they were already validated in front of observers, then put in the ballot containers (not suitcases)
    2. Media and observers were not told to go home for the night. Media/observers left because they followed the people who validated the outer signature envelopes out not realizing the counting was not done
    3. Even though media/observers left, the cameras were still on and recording, and the ballots were counted in plain view

Why wouldn't both Georgia's Governor and Secretary of State (both heavy Trumpers) order further investigations if they didn't believe this story? They are obviously aware of it, so the only other explanation would be they are in on it which is also a big claim in and of itself.

What sounds more plausible?
    1. Business as usual ballot processing misinterpreted by laymen who are watching a surveillance video but missing all other context
    2. A massive conspiracy by both Georgia's Governor and SoS offices (again all Republicans) and many other people to steal the election for Biden and cover it up
    Last edited by sabad66; 12-06-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    1. they were already validated in front of observers, then put in the ballot containers (not suitcases)
    2. Media and observers were not told to go home for the night. Media/observers left because they followed the people who validated the outer signature envelopes out not realizing the counting was not done

Why wouldn't both Georgia's Governor and Secretary of State (both heavy Trumpers) order further investigations if they didn't believe this story? They are obviously aware of it, so the only other explanation would be they are in on it which is also a big claim in and of itself.

What sounds more plausible?
    1. Business as usual ballot processing misinterpreted by laymen who are watching a surveillance video but missing all other context
    2. A massive conspiracy by both Georgia's Governor and SoS offices (again all Republicans) any many other people to steal the election for Biden and cover it up
    3. Even though media/observers left, the cameras were still on and recording, and the ballots were counted in plain view
    This is exactly why I watched this entire hearing. There is a lot of information missing from the fact check, and then your post as well. Will I continue to watch these things? I don't think so, but I don't think this particular piece of evidence is completely debunked.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

basically were at the point now when something is 'debunked' or 'fact checked' , you can bet that it has a strong element of truth to it and should be looked into deeper.
    Last edited by revelations; 12-06-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    basically were at the point know when something is 'fact checked' you can bet that it has a strong element of truth to it and should be looked into deeper.
    Seems like an easy out right now, but in the very least extremely biased on what gets fact checked and what doesn't and to what degree.

Though, rethinking this video situation right now. If there's is a difference between observing the count and observing tabulation, then she night have told counters to go home and others could misinterpret... If that makes sense. Video still looks shady AF.
    Last edited by syscal; 12-06-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Yea, cruising Twitter a bit this morning and I think I'm done following all of this in any sort of detail.

Time to get back to real hobbies and learning about things that actually matter in my life.

I think I might volunteer in our next election though. I never realized how important that really is until now.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I worked one of the elections when I was unemployed. I found it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Yea, cruising Twitter a bit this morning and I think I'm done following all of this in any sort of detail.

Time to get back to real hobbies and learning about things that actually matter in my life.

I think I might volunteer in our next election though. I never realized how important that really is until now.
    cruising my own feeds there are some friends who truly believe trump will be certified for 2nd term

Wtf I can’t even imagine this plot twist
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post

I didn't really care about this 2020 election one bit. For one, it won't do any good for Calgary either way and it's not really up to us Canadians anyway. And it's better for mental health when there are many more issues close to us that need attention.

While the conspiracy theory is abound about it being stolen but given how stupid the public in general is, may be we don't deserve direct democracy any more. Especially we all stop reading Calgary Herald and Channel 5 news and hide in various social media echo chambers.

Although, I just finished watching the 2nd Borat movie so my view on the American public may be skewed a bit.

My Ride

basically to sum it up:

- some shit went on with the elections regarding 'accidental votes' almost always going in one direction
    - MSM narrative of a 'perfect, zero fraud/conspiracy election' tossed out, as the MSM should be
    - trump/rudy/etc make large accusations but with nil hard evidence
    - come Dec 14 , more yelling and fingerprinting to/at/from the electorcal college - there will be some mega 'issue' that comes up
    - come (biden) inauguration day, likely some massive event (eg. trump at war) take place to distract

2020 was nothing in terms of high strangeness.

My Ride

Ok what the shit is going on? I thought the election lawsuits were all tossed and done with? Now the States are suing each other?

Apparently: One Third Of US States Have Now Joined Texas SCOTUS Bid To Overturn Election / A total of seventeen US states filed a brief at the US Supreme Court on Wednesday in support of Texas's bid to overturn the election results.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lection-rules/

https://saraacarter.com/missouri-joi...supreme-court/

Some examples being thrown around:

Pennsylvania

Facts:

1. Vote Tally: 3,445,548 for Biden and 3,363,951 for Trump - margin 81,597.
    2. Requests for mail-in ballots 70% Democrats and 25% Republicans.
    3. Mail-in ballots increased from 266,208 in 2016 to over 3,000,000 in 2020.

Violations of Election Law:

1. The Secretary of State unilaterally abrogated signature verification requirements for mail-in ballots.
    2. PA supreme court changed existing deadline for receiving mail-in ballots from 8:00 PM on the day of election to 3 days after the election and adopted a presumption that non-postmarked ballots be considered as valid.
    3. Election officials in Philadelphia and Allegheny Counties did not follow state law permitting poll-watchers to be present for the opening, counting, and recording of mail-in ballots.
    4. The Secretary of State directed election officials to remove ballots before 7:00 AM on the day of election in order to “cure” defective mail-in ballots. This was done only in Democrat majority counties.
    5. Election officials did not segregate ballots received after 8:00 PM on election day breaking the promise made to the U.S. Supreme Court thus making it impossible to identify or remove those ballots.

Evidence of Fraud:

1. Ballots with no mailed date: 9,005 (no evidence they were sent to a voter)
    2. Ballots returned on or before the mailed date: 58,221
    3. Ballots returned one day after the mailed date: 51,200 (Perhaps not impossible, but highly unlikely for the average voter to receive a ballot, fill it out, place it in the mail and have it returned the next day.)
    4. On Nov 2, the day before the election, PA reports that 2.7 million ballots had been sent out. On Nov 4 that number had increased to 3.1 million -- an increase of 400,000 mail-in ballots at election time with literally no reasonable chance of them being used by legitimate voters.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._lawsuit_.html
    Last edited by revelations; 12-10-2020 at 06:57 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Texas asked the Supreme Court to immediately block the four states from using the voting results to appoint presidential electors to the Electoral College and allow their state legislatures to name the electors rather than having the electors reflect the will of the voters. All four of the targeted states have Republican-led legislatures.
    Ah yes, democracy at its finest, sue to throw out all the votes so the states can directly appoint their Führer

The Texas lawsuit does not make specific fraud allegations. Instead, Texas said changes to voting procedures removed protections against fraud and were unlawful when the reforms were made by officials in the four states or courts without the approval of the states' legislatures.
    The right needs to get over it and stop being whiney little bitches. They lost. But I'm sure they'll be happy to send out more fundraising emails and milk their sheep to support these lawsuits.

My Ride

Im floored, I thought it was game over weeks ago.

Im floored, I thought it was game over weeks ago.
    It is over. Nothing is going to change, and Biden will be sworn in on the 20th. Trump's own AG puppet came out said he lost lol. Anything you see between now and then is just theater, or a veiled attempt to get more money to pay off massive outstanding campaign/rally debt the Trump team has. The Supreme Court isn't going to invalidate millions of democrat votes just because Trump is throwing a tantrum. The idea that every republican vote is valid and every democrat vote is clearly fraud in every battleground state is just as ridiculous as it sounds.

Yeah I highly doubt SC takes this on. This frivolous lawsuit is nothing more than Paxton trying to win points for a pardon.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11...en-paxton-fbi/

My Ride
    ISF | R1

Texas' argument now isn't about fraud, but the constitution.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/3767379001/
    If the supreme court is willing to take the case, then there's at least a fighting chance if they rule by the letter of the law rather than based on circumstances like the link above.
    u don't fail till u give up

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by WongYue View Post
    Texas' argument now isn't about fraud, but the constitution.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/3767379001/
    If the supreme court is willing to take the case, then there's at least a fighting chance if they rule by the letter of the law rather than based on circumstances like the link above.
    The letter of the law? Curious to know what law lets one state over-rule another states election results? Basically shitting on the concept of state sovereignty? Ironic given that it's Texas doing so.

If this was the PA attorney general suing his own state it might have some merit but the fact that it's other states doing it makes it a near baseless claim. You can't sue on someone else's behalf unless you are an affected party, and Texas claiming they are affected because they don't like the election results is a massive stretch.

My Ride

My limited understanding is the potus scenario is not a state only issue - if one state does not follow the general election guidelines and leaves room for the potential of wrongdoing (as has happened here) then why should the other states not give a shit?

13 states were already pissed off enough to go through all the headache, must be something more than just mere rumours going on.

Next week should prove interesting - although I believe it will be the end (again).
    Last edited by revelations; 12-11-2020 at 12:42 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My limited understanding is the potus scenario is not a state only issue - if one state does not follow the general election guidelines and leaves room for the potential of wrongdoing (as has happened here) then why should the other states not give a shit?
    The elections are run the by states, they do not have a set of 'federal guidelines' they must follow. That's a very big difference between the US and Canada and is why every state has a different mess of voting criteria, registration and cut off dates, requirements for ID, types of voting machines, etc.

That is also why this lawsuit is even more frivolous, Texas is suing because they don't like the results after the four states made it easier to vote. Note that they aren't suing any other states that also expanded availability for mail in voting (12 states)... only the states that they don't like the results. Twelve states expanded mail-in voting availability yet only the four that they don't like the results are being sued...?

Page 113 of 146 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 123 ... LastLast