Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 146 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had forgotten that Hillary had won the popular vote - the first 32 million reminders weren't sufficient.
    You are very active in this thread for someone who seems to be bothered so much by it. I can't speak for anyone else, but as I mentioned many times before, I just find American politics interesting and am genuinely entertained by the unbelievable amount of ridiculousness that occurs. I find it fun to discuss as long as things are civil. There's nothing else like it anywhere in the world as far as I can tell. I guess it's still better than the countries that simply murder the opposition haha.

Imagine if starbucks employees stopped doing their jobs 30 minutes before closing....just because.
    Would it look anything like the Senate in the fall of 2015?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    The most active by far actually lol
    Attachment 94239
    Haha that's a cool feature, I didn't even know you could check that. I guess that settles it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fucking hell, I'll go back to shitposting in the Wifi thread then.
    No I won't. But I will take a plate of wings and 2 beers bet that Trump wins the Electoral College and is confirmed as president again. No odds, but a straight up bet. c'mon bros . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    You are very active in this thread for someone who seems to be bothered so much by it. I can't speak for anyone else, but as I mentioned many times before, I just find American politics interesting and am genuinely entertained by the unbelievable amount of ridiculousness that occurs. I find it fun to discuss as long as things are civil. There's nothing else like it anywhere in the world as far as I can tell. I guess it's still better than the countries that simply murder the opposition haha.
    What makes you think I'm bothered? I like this thread. And I find the pearl clutching by the TDSers to be endlessly entertaining.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    No I won't. But I will take a plate of wings and 2 beers bet that Trump wins the Electoral College and is confirmed as president again. No odds, but a straight up bet. c'mon bros . . .
    I’ll take your bet just because I like wings and beer
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

What makes you think I'm bothered? I like this thread. And I find the pearl clutching by the TDSers to be endlessly entertaining.
    Well, you keep saying how you are tired of the whining, but have by far the most posts in this thread, many of which are complaining (whining?) about what you interpret as whining or otherwise. I have a couple people on ignore so I don't see every post, but to me this thread seems pretty normal/civil, especially by Beyond standards haha. I think most people are just here for the entertainment value, and it's fun to have discussions about it. I guess I just don't really see what the issue is. At the end of the day it's unlikely anyone here will be affected too much by whatever happens South of the boarder, but it's always an entertaining time leading up to the elections.

My Ride
    ute

Well, you keep saying how you are tired of the whining, but have by far the most posts in this thread, many of which are complaining (whining?) about what you interpret as whining or otherwise. I have a couple people on ignore so I don't see every post, but to me this thread seems pretty normal/civil, especially by Beyond standards haha. I think most people are just here for the entertainment value, and it's fun to have discussions about it. I guess I just don't really see what the issue is. At the end of the day it's unlikely anyone here will be affected too much by whatever happens South of the boarder, but it's always an entertaining time leading up to the elections.
    uh, I was joking. I don't actually have tinnitus from liberals.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Name:  A514B8B8-0356-4B91-B29B-4A2A56946DF5.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  34.0 KB
    Shortened that up for ya!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'll take any bet that Trump loses, but it'll be hand delivered 12 pack or less choice case of beer for the winner. Deal?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I’ll take your bet just because I like wings and beer
    Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

We should have a wing night meet after the election.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  Screenshot_20200922-063514.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  26.1 KB

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'll believe it when the Electoral College votes him in.

uh, I was joking. I don't actually have tinnitus from liberals.
    Well if that's true then my apologies, I don't think it was obvious to anyone that you were joking with every comment.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Going to be very interesting to see what the senators will do, especially those up for election. So far only one republican senator has confirmed she won’t support a vote (Murkowski). 3 more defections/abstains and they won’t be able to confirm. Collins and Romney are possible, and then there is also a potential for Arizona seat to flip within this session assuming they don’t confirm before end of November.

I still think republicans will be able to ram it through even if they lose the election and do it in the lame duck period, but definitely going to be a close one.
    Romney just signaled support to confirm, so looks like it’s going to happen now.

The bright side is that this should really energize Democrats to go out and vote. Hopefully they win both houses of Congress and the presidency so that they can expand the SC and make DC a state adding two more senators. They need to play hardball and do whatever they can to narrow the unfair senate advantage that Republicans have enjoyed for years

Romney just signaled support to confirm, so looks like it’s going to happen now.

The bright side is that this should really energize Democrats to go out and vote. Hopefully they win both houses of Congress and the presidency so that they can expand the SC and make DC a state adding two more senators. They need to play hardball and do whatever they can to narrow the unfair senate advantage that Republicans have enjoyed for years
    It's for sure going through, they are determined. The fastest a judge has ever been confirmed before was 42 days (it was actually RBG) and usually it takes around 90, so this is also unprecedented.

Like you say though, I think this will lose them even more votes, so it's a questionable thing to do on their part especially since if the Dems win they can just add seats to the Supreme Court so they don't fall back into the stone ages. If Trump wins again, then it's really not an issue as it would represent the people's majority wishes at the time.

The data shows that trump doesn't really gain new voters, as his base is largely a fixed number of people from a few specific demographics. What hurts him is things like this that may encourage people who did not vote previously to come out and vote, which is why I find it odd that he is forcing this to happen.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-22-2020 at 09:59 AM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Isn't it two senators per state? What's unfair about it?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Isn't it two senators per state? What's unfair about it?
    Number of citizens per senator. A senator from California represents 15M people while a senator from Wyoming represents 300k people. I totally understand the other side of the argument but I don’t agree with it.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

In 2016, the Republicans blocked Obama from doing this exact thing which is hilarious how hypocritical it is. Their reasons cited are all the ones they're ignoring now.

Also RBG's dying wish was to not have her seat filled until after the election (so that the seat represents the people's majority). She wrote it in a letter, but I doubt that means much to these people.
    So which quote from RBG should we listen to - the one now when she doesn't want the President/Senate to confirm a new justice in the twilight of their term... or in 2016 when she said "The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four. Maybe members of the Senate will wake up and appreciate that that’s how it should be." with regards to the exact same controversy?

News flash: Both sides of the aisle will take whatever position is currently convenient for them on a given issue regardless of previously-held position on same issue.

Page 21 of 146 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast