Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 146 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Proud Boys now changed their logo to incorporate "stand back and stand by".
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Watched the last half. Walked away only reinforced in my original beliefs. Trump is still a narcissistic, soul-less bully, and Biden can barely speak a clear, flowing sentence.

These two men are the best America has to offer their people? Our choices for Prime Minister were awful. But these two choices for President are even worse.

Politics in North America are surely at a historical low point.
    Maybe this was all part of CCPs master plan lol
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

That debate was just bad and cringey. I don’t really know what I expected but it wasn’t that. Is it even worth having any more if they are going to be like that?

At least Biden held up well. The funny thing is that he was actually really close to a few major gaffes, but Trump interrupted him and actually saved him Sometimes it really is better to just shut up and let the other guy hang himself.

At the end of the day I don’t think anyone’s mind was changed based on that hot mess. Whoever they were leaning towards before is probably who they are still with

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Posted March 3rd, 2020.

Not that it was hard to predict, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    That'll be fun to watch Trump absolutely demolish Biden in any debate. Not with any actual facts or truths, but he'll just talk over him the entire time.

Battle of the senile 2020!

Nailed it.

I just feel completely unsatisfied after that. Makes me wonder if Chris should have done more to moderate, but I totally understand he wanted to avoid appearing like he was taking sides. Right wing media ended up saying he was unfair to trump anyways (no surprises there) so maybe he should have just done it anyway. Muting of mics should definitely be on the table next time

My Ride
    *The First*

And Biden just allowed himself to be fully interrupted and stop what he was (trying) to say so he could respond to the reality TV star troll.
    He's a complete idiot.

Did anyone honestly expect anything other than two senile old men yelling at each other? If Trump is involved you know it's going to be a total shit show. The debate delivered as expected I think. The debates are mostly useless anyway, the overwhelming majority of Americans know how they are going to vote before they even see the candidates.

They need to come up with a format that allows debate and not just shit shows. Keep it simple. Maybe they are in sound proof rooms facing each other through glass and when it is your turn to answer a question you are given an allotted time, your mic turns on and the other guy can only listen. When you are done it turns off and the other guys mic turns on for rebuttal. It would keep the talking over people and rambling on under control at least.

I dunno... I guess if people like the entertainment factor that would suck, but for actually trying to get anything meaningful out of a candidate, it seems like a better way of doing things.

Sound proof rooms with the ability for the moderator to mute the person's mic who isn't talking is the only thing that would make them constructive, IMO. Not going to happen though haha. The existing format sucks for people who genuinely wanted to learn something from the debate, but good for people looking for entertainment.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Sound proof rooms with the ability for the moderator to mute the person's mic who isn't talking is the only thing that would make them constructive, IMO. Not going to happen though haha. The existing format sucks for people who genuinely wanted to learn something from the debate, but good for people looking for entertainment.
    Yeah, there's a reason the US election lasts nearly two years, everything is made to be a media frenzy, battlegrounds, back and forth, etc.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Promoted like a UFC fight.

Name:  59525c5e1fb69e62f8fec0e8ab624cb4.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  48.3 KB

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

We need jerry springer. Jerry jerry jerry!

My Ride
    ute

People want to see how they handle each other interacting directly. How they did this debate is probably more important than what they say.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    People want to see how they handle each other interacting directly. How they did this debate is probably more important than what they say.
    Yeah exactly. If there was no back and forth discussion going on, they’d just be reading scripted answers (or muddling through them).

It’s called a debate, not Q&A.

They would still reply to each other in the format described above, the only thing that would change is they wouldn't be allowed to yell over each other. It would still be a normal debate because they can't script answers for questions asked on the fly as part of the debate.

I think people would much rather hear actual answers to their concerns than see who can yell the loudest. Everyone already knows how they interact with each other.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

A penalty box would be great. Like a transparent sound proof box dropping from overhead. Anyone in violation will have to shut up for 2 minutes while their opponent gets to ramble on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    ute

They would still reply to each other in the format described above, the only thing that would change is they wouldn't be allowed to yell over each other. It would still be a normal debate because they can't script answers for questions asked on the fly as part of the debate.

I think people would much rather hear actual answers to their concerns than see who can yell the loudest. Everyone already knows how they interact with each other.
    I think you are mistaken. They want to see politicians in a stressful situation and most importantly they want to see them fuck up. Nobody wants to just hear them repeat talking points during their allotted time.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I think you are mistaken. They want to see politicians in a stressful situation and most importantly they want to see them fuck up. Nobody wants to just hear them repeat talking points during their allotted time.
    This - politicians (eg. Trudeau reforming the election setup) will say ANYTHING to get elected. You can assume most of their promises are horseshit.

It was literally a pissing contest to see who is more geriatric alpha.

For entertainment purposes I agree with you, but anyone who is watching the debate because they haven't made up their mind yet (which is admittedly probably very few people) want to hear actual answers. It's all such a waste of time anyway it doesn't really matter either way I guess. Nobody is going to change their vote because someone yelled louder than the other guy.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

For entertainment purposes I agree with you, but anyone who is watching the debate because they haven't made up their mind yet (which is admittedly probably very few people) want to hear actual answers. It's all such a waste of time anyway it doesn't really matter either way I guess. Nobody is going to change their vote because someone yelled louder than the other guy.
    You're probably a Trudeau fan then, if all you care about is hearing someone say what you want to hear.

It's not hard to put up a front and stick to the talking points. You see someone's true nature more clearly when they are in stressful/on-the-fly situations.

Page 26 of 146 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast