Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    ute

I have a massive crush on Krystal Ball. This is a random vid, not that interested int he topic.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's an insult to Kamala, sir. She's fricking intelligent and one of my favorites from the list of possible candidates. Also a moderate dem. She could be president in a few years. Sarah Palin's not in the same league.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no difference. Do you get your "facts" from "Thighland" Trump?
    I would like to smoke up with her and pick her brain !!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Trump calling for Biden to be drug tested before the debates

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9690651.html

I wonder if they would trade for having Don Jr and his mistress to be drug tested based on their speeches this week at the RNC

My Ride
    *The First*

The continuous rioting and BLM instability will get Trump re-elected. His campaign is clear and focused.
    "A vote for Trump is a vote for safety and a return to civil order. A vote for Biden is a vote to defund the police and anarchy."
    This will win.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Between Biden and Trump, who is better for the Canadian economy, more importantly, Alberta's economy?
    I like neat cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Between Biden and Trump, who is better for the Canadian economy, more importantly, Alberta's economy?
    Neither are any good. Biden has promised cancelling pipelines but I don't see him actually doing that.

Trump hasn't been all that great the last 4 years so I expect that to continue. Probably lean slight to Trump.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If biden bans fracking (kamala wants to) the US is going to need our oil to make up for it in a scary way.

Socks will probably follow suit which sucks for Canadian unconventionals, but oil sands would be the big winners there.

Trump isn’t really good for Canada in any way either so I agree; don’t expect either of them to be anywhere friendly to Canada.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If biden bans fracking (kamala wants to) the US is going to need our oil to make up for it in a scary way.

Socks will probably follow suit which sucks for Canadian unconventionals, but oil sands would be the big winners there.

Trump isn’t really good for Canada in any way either so I agree; don’t expect either of them to be anywhere friendly to Canada.
    Yeah, KXL is likely dead regardless of who gets voted in. The courts keep cancelling permits and Trump can't just sign it to go ahead. Biden is probably better if he actually (we'll see) cracks down on fracing as that would reduce the US supply a fair bit over the coming decade. Though I wouldn't hold my breathe because politics and money.

With Trump still trying to throw tariffs at Canada and causing a lot of unrest I don't really see any benefit to Canada by him staying in power.

So my view is: Biden: Most likely a neutral impact; Trump: Fairly certain a negative impact

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

So my view is: Biden: Most likely a neutral impact; Trump: Fairly certain a negative impact
    I do love you making it sound like in your view, there was ever any other outcome. There are a couple users here where literally "orangeman bad". We get it, you lean left and Trump can do nothing right by you. In other news, water is wet.

Even if they ban fracking it will just be on federal lands. What sort of effect will that actually have on the industry? Some but probably not a massive amount?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    I do love you making it sound like in your view, there was ever any other outcome. There are a couple users here where literally "orangeman bad". We get it, you lean left and Trump can do nothing right by you. In other news, water is wet.
    Feel free to explain your view point? At the end of the day Trump has imposed tariffs on Canada needlessly and that impacts our economy negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The continuous rioting and BLM instability will get Trump re-elected. His campaign is clear and focused.
    "A vote for Trump is a vote for safety and a return to civil order. A vote for Biden is a vote to defund the police and anarchy."
    This will win.
    I don't get this line of thinking. Biden is not currently in charge, but Trump has been for 3.5 years. All of the anarchy right now that's happening is under Trump's America. So the republican logic is essentially "shit has hit the fan big time under my watch, but only if you let things stay under my watch will it get fixed". Makes me laugh every time i see campaign ads showing riots and crazyness when it's all actually happening under Trump. What the democrats should be doing is using the exact same campaign ads but highlighting that this is what happens when you put this guy in charge.

Ultimately my view is that more "law and order" is not going to fix things and in fact will only make things worse. What they need is a leader that can unite people as opposed to fanning the flames and making it worse.

and FWIW, Biden and Kamala have never supported de-fund the police. Many in their party certainly have, but not them.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Even if they ban fracking it will just be on federal lands. What sort of effect will that actually have on the industry? Some but probably not a massive amount?
    That was the pre green new deal plan.

Kamala would shut it all down. That’s not even rhetorical, she really does want to shut it all down and has said it many times publically.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl.../#7bbeacde9426

Also there is no way Trudeau let’s us keep doing it if the Americans ban it.
    Last edited by killramos; 08-27-2020 at 02:16 PM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

That was the pre green new deal plan.

Kamala would shut it all down.
    They don't really have that power though from my understanding.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    They don't really have that power though from my understanding.
    I’m no constitutional expert so no point in me arguing that point, I think there is more talk about it being difficult to do by executive order.

But a democrat congress? I bet they probably can find a way.

fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I don't get this line of thinking. Biden is not currently in charge, but Trump has been for 3.5 years. All of the anarchy right now that's happening is under Trump's America. So the republican logic is essentially "shit has hit the fan big time under my watch, but only if you let things stay under my watch will it get fixed". Makes me laugh every time i see campaign ads showing riots and crazyness when it's all actually happening under Trump. What the democrats should be doing is using the exact same campaign ads but highlighting that this is what happens when you put this guy in charge.

Ultimately my view is that more "law and order" is not going to fix things and in fact will only make things worse. What they need is a leader that can unite people as opposed to fanning the flames and making it worse.

and FWIW, Biden and Kamala have never supported de-fund the police. Many in their party certainly have, but not them.
    You're correct across the board, particularly that the Democrats should be campaigning that way. They're not. Trump is.
    Trump will still win.

Well they did have 8 years of flame fanning under Obama. Not to pull the blame the guy before card, but that shit doesn't just disappear. Trump can only do so much to unite, he has helped minorities economically quite a bit. But it's a constant fight against media that misrepresents literally everything he does or says. Not that he is without fault by any means, but he certainly eats far more shit in the media than he is worthy of.

The thing Canadians don't seem to get since our system is so fucked up here. Is that the states are rather autonomous to take care of themselves. So you can't just look at the overall figure head and blame him for everything. It's not really any surprise that Democrat controlled states are the ones burning to the ground right now, while Republican states seem to fair much better. That's not coincidence. Not to mention that Trumps hands are tied on a lot of things after the Dems rigged the midterms with the fake Russia collusion stories and impeachment debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Well they did have 8 years of flame fanning under Obama. Not to pull the blame the guy before card, but that shit doesn't just disappear. Trump can only do so much to unite, he has helped minorities economically quite a bit. But it's a constant fight against media that misrepresents literally everything he does or says. Not that he is without fault by any means, but he certainly eats far more shit in the media than he is worthy of.

The thing Canadians don't seem to get since our system is so fucked up here. Is that the states are rather autonomous to take care of themselves. So you can't just look at the overall figure head and blame him for everything. It's not really any surprise that Democrat controlled states are the ones burning to the ground right now, while Republican states seem to fair much better. That's not coincidence. Not to mention that Trumps hands are tied on a lot of things after the Dems rigged the midterms with the fake Russia collusion stories and impeachment debacle.
    Its super convenient when you can take credit for the good things and blame others for the bad ones.

Good economy? record high stock market? low unemployment? all me. the states/democratic run cities had nothing to do with it.

Horrible pandemic response? massive civil unrest? oh that wasn't me at all, that was the states/cities which are run by democrats. but i promise i can fix it even though it's gotten worse under my leadership the last 3.5 years...just give me another 4 years!

And i have to lol that people still think Russia collusion/interference was fake or a hoax. Did you catch the recent report from the Republican-led Senate committee confirming it was all true? When your own side releases a report outlining how true it all was but you still call it a hoax, i believe that is textbook delusion.

Its super convenient when you can take credit for the good things and blame others for the bad ones.

Good economy? record high stock market? low unemployment? all me. the states/democratic run cities had nothing to do with it.

Horrible pandemic response? massive civil unrest? oh that wasn't me at all, that was the states/cities which are run by democrats. but i promise i can fix it even though it's gotten worse under my leadership the last 3.5 years...just give me another 4 years!

And i have to lol that people still think Russia collusion/interference was fake or a hoax. Did you catch the recent report from the Republican-led Senate committee confirming it was all true? When your own side releases a report outlining how true it all was but you still call it a hoax, i believe that is textbook delusion.
    lol. No, you're WAY past delusion. Keep reading them headlines!! The substance isn't important, might as well keep ignoring any of that.

Page 17 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast