Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 35 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

No one in 2005ish, when grumpy old men 3 came out, would have ever believed that an American presidential race would be downgraded so fast.

Is anyone surprised this was done by a Qanon guy?
    https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electio...delivered-mail

Glad I was able to do my absentee ballot via email which gave me full traceability.

Facebook and Twitter heavily censored Bombshell report on Biden lying about his involvement with his son's corrupt Business dealings. Hmm, I wonder why..

His son getting paid $50K/month on a Board with zero knowledge and experience. Pay for Play. Corrupt as Hell. He bragged about having a Prosecutor fired who was investigating Burisma.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone surprised this was done by a Qanon guy?
    https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electio...delivered-mail

Glad I was able to do my absentee ballot via email which gave me full traceability.
    It is a little surprising considering the normal profile of a person caught dumping mail in ballots is a Democrat voter.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Facebook and Twitter heavily censored Bombshell report on Biden lying about his involvement with his son's corrupt Business dealings. Hmm, I wonder why..

His son getting paid $50K/month on a Board with zero knowledge and experience. Pay for Play. Corrupt as Hell. He bragged about having a Prosecutor fired who was investigating Burisma.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/
    Oh that? Dont worry, its a noooooothing burger. No big deal....... but what about what about what about trumpet man???

Even Jack Dorsey was critical of what happened with that on twitter.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    His son getting paid $50K/month on a Board with zero knowledge and experience. Pay for Play. Corrupt.
    I take it you are not generally familiar with the usual makeup of a corporate BoD lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I take it you are not generally familiar with the usual makeup of a corporate BoD lol
    Gotta remember:

Biden's son on a board of directors -> Must be corruption

Trumps kids all getting jobs they aren't qualified for -> Perfectly legal

Speaking of people with zero experience getting important jobs, have a look at all the people Trump has hired, many of which are his own family haha. Nearly all of them have zero experience for the roles they are working (including his National Security Advisor), and have already been caught giving away national security info. A much scarier thought is when Trump is out of office either in 2021 or 2025, all these people who should never have been hired in the first place for those jobs will know so much sensitive information. Just imagine what leverage someone might be able to exercise over a former president with $300M+ of debt due in a few years...

His administrator overseeing Federal Housing and Urban Development is his personal event planner with you guessed it, zero experience haha. There are a bunch more I would have to go look up, but it's actually pretty funny.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Gotta remember:

I think it’s funny that this thread is basically made up of people being hypocritical about hypocrisy.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I think it’s funny that this thread is basically made up of people being hypocritical about hypocrisy.
    Tbh the entire US system is corrupt, both parties of guilty of it. I don't think I've ever said the left isn't also guilty of it, just that it's hypocrisy to overlook the other side doing the exact same thing. The problem is there is no incentive for them to change things and it just pushes the political pendulum back and forth. Each set of terms is consumed mostly by undoing what the other side previously did and their whole 2 years of campaigning and elections is basically set up to just attack and complain against each other.

Guess how many times one party in the US has held the presidency for longer than 8 years? Since 1950 it's happened only once. The US system is designed to just flip flop back and forth and keep both sides unhappy.

On the plus side, I believe there are now 15 or 16 states who have signed onto the NPVIC that will help reduce the chance of a President winning the election but losing the popular vote by a large number of votes. They have all agreed to give all the state's electoral votes to the candidate with the most popular votes and some of them are pretty big:

Maryland
    New Jersey
    Illinois
    Hawaii
    Washington (state)
    Massachusetts
    Washington, D.C. District of Columbia
    Vermont
    California
    Rhode Island
    New York (state)
    Connecticut
    Colorado
    Delaware Delaware
    New Mexico
    Oregon

It's a step in the right direction against the electoral college ridiculousness at least.

My Ride

No doubt that both red and blue sides are guilty of similar trespasses - the main difference is that the (global) MSM/SM is becoming a full fascist group on their own, only allowing select stories from one side or one narrative.

trumpet kids do something elitist or sinister like this - wall to wall news. biden etc. - suppressed, hidden, or banned outright.

Digital Nazi Germany.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-15-2020 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wow not sure how I missed this NPVIC thing. Could be a big deal. Could finally break the electoral college.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an electoral reform honk, so that's Neato to me.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Wow not sure how I missed this NPVIC thing. Could be a big deal. Could finally break the electoral college.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an electoral reform honk, so that's Neato to me.
    Interesting. Indeed learn something new everyday. Founding Fathers were still brilliant tho lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    On the plus side, I believe there are now 15 or 16 states who have signed onto the NPVIC that will help reduce the chance of a President winning the election but losing the popular vote by a large number of votes. They have all agreed to give all the state's electoral votes to the candidate with the most popular votes and some of them are pretty big:

Maryland
    New Jersey
    Illinois
    Hawaii
    Washington (state)
    Massachusetts
    Washington, D.C. District of Columbia
    Vermont
    California
    Rhode Island
    New York (state)
    Connecticut
    Colorado
    Delaware Delaware
    New Mexico
    Oregon

It's a step in the right direction against the electoral college ridiculousness at least.
    It's a great concept but every state on that list was blue in 2016 and so their EC votes already followed the popular vote. It's neat symbolically but would've made 0 different in the 2016 election. Only way it affects change is if swing states join in.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

The lazy libruh whiners wouldn't last a day under Supreme Leader Kim's glorious leadership.

It's a great concept but every state on that list was blue in 2016 and so their EC votes already followed the popular vote. It's neat symbolically but would've made 0 different in the 2016 election. Only way it affects change is if swing states join in.
    I don't believe every state on that list already had a policy in place to give all their votes to the winning candidate (some do, some don't), so this is an improvement as it guarantees all the votes to the popular vote candidate rather than giving them to the electoral college winner. For the states that may not have given all their votes to the electoral college winner by default, those votes now all go to the popular vote winner.

Colorado is also a perennial swing state and they joined.

It's still an improvement that affects change depending on whether or not the particular state used to give all their votes (regardless of rep. or dem.) to the college winner, which often is not the popular vote winner.

It's at least a step in the right direction towards making each person's vote count, where currently it very much does not. The republicans vehemently oppose anything brought forward to improve election fairness as they rarely win the popular vote.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-15-2020 at 01:34 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I don't believe every state on that list already had a policy in place to give all their votes to the winning candidate (some do, some don't), so this is an improvement as it guarantees all the votes to the popular vote candidate rather than giving them to the electoral college winner. For the states that may not have given all their votes to the electoral college winner by default, those votes now all go to the popular vote winner.

Colorado is also a perennial swing state and they joined.

It's still an improvement that affects change depending on whether or not the particular state used to give all their votes (regardless of rep. or dem.) to the college winner, which often is not the popular vote winner.

It's at least a step in the right direction towards making each person's vote count, where currently it very much does not. The republicans vehemently oppose anything brought forward to improve election fairness as they rarely win the popular vote.
    Thats fair, and I forgot Colorado was a swing state. I just assumed the stoners would always vote green err i mean blue.

Gotta remember:

Really has nothing to do with being qualified. And Bidens kid being on the BOD is not the corruption. Hunter introducing Joe to the Ukranian diplomat that Joe was then busted red handed on a recorded phone call with, bribing him for a billion dollars to fire the prosecutor looking into him. That part is corruption.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Really has nothing to do with being qualified. And Bidens kid being on the BOD is not the corruption. Hunter introducing Joe to the Ukranian diplomat that Joe was then busted red handed on a recorded phone call with, bribing him for a billion dollars to fire the prosecutor looking into him. That part is corruption.
    Joe's obviously not paying enough taxes if he has a billion dollars. Get him boys!

Page 35 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast