Quantcast
Any experience with 2010-14ish Tundra's? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any experience with 2010-14ish Tundra's?

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Default Any experience with 2010-14ish Tundra's?

Thinking about trading up my '04 tacoma for a Tundra with a budget of around $20-$30k, looks like that puts me in the range of most 2010-14's. But I keep hearing Tundra's are pretty expensive/unreliable trucks. Granted this is coming from old salty farmers that exclusively drive domestics. Anybody have experience with them, particularly at higher kilometers (say 250+)? My Taco's pushing 300k but reliable as they come so hoping we can say similar about the tundras. Would be a farm truck so lots of dirt roads/bumpy fields to rattle around on.

My Ride
    1991 Toyota Soarer

I had owned my 2011 tundra Crewmax platinum for 3.5 years and had Zero issues at all, I bought it for 26k put on 72,000km and just sold it for 26k only real cost was a set of used rims and a set of take off new tires($1500 total), I used my truck for camping and towing my Wake boat mostly. It did see its fair share of gravel and off-road use, I was completely happy with mine I pick up a newer 2018 Tundra Crewmax 1794 Monday.

I sold my Crewmax for 26k and it had 175km on it so you can get them with lower km's you just need to act fast because they sell quick, mine sold in less than 2 days to the first person who showed up, but I was more realistic and did not inflate the "Toyota Tax" as I found my new one and wanted to act fast

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

PM'd, former Toyota Tech here.

My Ride
    4Runner TRD Pro

My dad has a 2010 tundra double cab limited, no problems what so ever just regular maintenance. TBH I think the people that are having problems are from lack of maintenance other then that very solid truck compared to the domestic brands. Also he's thinking of selling his has just over 103k on it, if you're interested send me a pm.

My Ride
    Evo X, R6, Tundra

Have a 2014 toyota tundra crewmax 1794 edition and only done oil changes in the last 5 years with no problem at all.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

I had a 2012 Crewmax with 40k km, towed regularly with it, it was pretty much bulletproof with regular maintenance. Only trouble I had was an alternator go on me. I sold it with 110k km on it after 4 years.

Other than that it was just a horrible pig on gas, but it sounded too good with the TRD exhaust.

My Ride
    Silverado

Why are you only asking for experience on the 2010 to 2014? You may as well ask about 2007 until 2020 because not a damn thing has changed haha.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Well, the only comment i would have is find a limited or Platinum, the SR5 did not even have heated seats. I have toyed with the idea of picking up another used but one of those trims potentially while waiting for the new model to drop 15 years later.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People really seem to like em. I always thought they drove like a much heavier truck, but maybe that's a good thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Thanks all, good to hear and more or less what I expected. Now just gotta decide if I actually want to pull the trigger... crusher I'll let you know if I go ahead with it, would want to sell my pickup first though (if anyone's interested in a decent shape 04 xtracab tacoma...)

My Ride
    bus

A coworker of mine had one for about 5 years. He didn’t have any issues with it mechanically but complained about the poor fuel economy and spartan interior tech, it got about 18L/100km. Much worse when he towed ~ 25L/100km
    He ended up selling it and went with a new Sierra that had more features and better fuel economy.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Co worker has a 2011. says its been great and no issues. only started to develop a power steering pump whine recently, but only when cold.

I bought a 2007 Limited brand new of the show room floor. Put 150,000km on it in 5 years before it was stolen. Awesome truck! Rock solid reliable. However, it isn't a work truck, which is maybe what those old timers are referring to? The tailgate is light and flimsy, lots of guys had seam splitting issues that were loading quads in the back all the time.

But the truck drove like a car, I enjoyed it. It did not like hauling my 8000lb wake boat and trailer. The thing drank fuel unloaded as it was, towing made the fuel mileage ridiculous. If I had my time back I would not have got the useless CewMax. You lose all your box space, and personally I only had passengers back there like twice. So doing it over I'd get the doublecab.