Quantcast
Budget Watches - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8
Results 141 to 160 of 160

Thread: Budget Watches

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300
    Posts
    2,195
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The nice thing is that if you commit any crime, it will probably be extraslows dna you leave at the scene

    https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...o-straps/18-mm
    Lol, thanks for this link, i ended up buying a few straps from here, loved the whole MN strap thing so i got a few of those, along with a brown leather strap, and a velcro one for whatever.

    PXL_20220113_020404192.jpg

    You'll also see a couple bigger ones on the right... yeah, thats for the SNZG13 thats on its way in. That will be the weekend watch, as I love this SNK809 for every day wear. LOL haven't even had the SNK for a full week, and I got it a big brother. :P



    And then, since i was perusing WYCA, i ran into the writeup on the Casio F91-W and remember I had one of those when i was young, so i ended up grabbing an A158W from amazon since i like the stainless.
    PXL_20220108_041530910.jpg


    LOL this is quickly turning into trouble for me. So i still want to get a nice replacement glass/lens for the SNK809 and the incoming SNZG13 since i love the way those domed lens look, and i hear they are stronger. Where do I go about getting those, and where would i get them installed? I've seen videos on it, but I'm scared. :P

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,858
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Dat casino
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CivicDXR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, thanks for this link, i ended up buying a few straps from here, loved the whole MN strap thing so i got a few of those, along with a brown leather strap, and a velcro one for whatever.

    PXL_20220113_020404192.jpg

    You'll also see a couple bigger ones on the right... yeah, thats for the SNZG13 thats on its way in. That will be the weekend watch, as I love this SNK809 for every day wear. LOL haven't even had the SNK for a full week, and I got it a big brother. :P



    And then, since i was perusing WYCA, i ran into the writeup on the Casio F91-W and remember I had one of those when i was young, so i ended up grabbing an A158W from amazon since i like the stainless.
    PXL_20220108_041530910.jpg


    LOL this is quickly turning into trouble for me. So i still want to get a nice replacement glass/lens for the SNK809 and the incoming SNZG13 since i love the way those domed lens look, and i hear they are stronger. Where do I go about getting those, and where would i get them installed? I've seen videos on it, but I'm scared. :P

    I can do glass.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300
    Posts
    2,195
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can do glass.
    Sweet, I will have to chat with you when i get some in.


    Looking like CrystalTimes sounds like a good place to order? Or do you guys have any other suggestions on where to order? I really like those double dome sapphires.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Crystal times is great.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Transnistria
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,582
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    @SJW PMd you


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300
    Posts
    2,195
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crystal times is great.
    Awesome, will order from them, thanks!

  8. #148
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,732
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CivicDXR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And then, since i was perusing WYCA, i ran into the writeup on the Casio F91-W and remember I had one of those when i was young, so i ended up grabbing an A158W from amazon since i like the stainless.
    PXL_20220108_041530910.jpg
    I was browsing the City of Calgary Surplus Sales page yesterday and they've got one of those old Casio calculator watches for $20 if anyone's interested:
    https://surplus.calgary.ca/Public/Se...x?search=casio

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,237
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dat casino
    I bought my kid one, it didn't last two years. What a crock!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Transnistria
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,582
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    ABBA94E4-7436-42E6-8EAC-293B9BB8FF24.jpg

    Shoutout to City Time who was able to replace my crystal


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    1,179
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Lookin good!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,923
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Thinking about getting myself a (budget) gmt to celebrate the return of travel and the end of covid.

    Currently I am looking at the ocean star gmt. Bezel house has one in stock (and bezel house is great). But I am wondering what I am missing out on. Ideally it is a black bay gmt.. but we need a couple years of boom for me to piss away first.
    20220416_123146.jpg
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 04-17-2022 at 02:36 PM.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Mido is a great watch, especially for the money you can pic one up at, Ryan at Bezel House is an an rad guy too. I have the first Ocean Star 600 Diver and could not be happier with it!

    Also consider talking to Justin at GEM by Carati! Super awesome guy and I am sure will have lots of options worth considering if that Ocean Start is not turning your crank.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,925
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mido is a great watch, especially for the money you can pic one up at, Ryan at Bezel House is an an rad guy too. I have the first Ocean Star 600 Diver and could not be happier with it!

    Also consider talking to Justin at GEM by Carati! Super awesome guy and I am sure will have lots of options worth considering if that Ocean Start is not turning your crank.
    I like some Mido stuff, but I like Hamilton better. The new gold ventura coming out really caught my eye. I've always been on the fence on the ventura, but for some reason it has me wet lol
    Edit: not my photo
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 04-19-2022 at 06:18 PM.

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,923
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    I should talk to Justin about a hamilton gmt..

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,925
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should talk to Justin about a hamilton gmt..
    Love them.

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,923
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Yea I dunno. The price might be exceeding my budget thread. The mido seems like a crazy value for a true gmt.

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    This and that.
    Posts
    4,944
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like some Mido stuff, but I like Hamilton better. The new gold ventura coming out really caught my eye. I've always been on the fence on the ventura, but for some reason it has me wet lol
    Edit: not my photo

    This is actually pretty sweet. Except I like the silver version. I always like unusual watches and I remember seeing this one in one of the Men in Black movies. Might pick up the Ventura XXL.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,925
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is actually pretty sweet. Except I like the silver version. I always like unusual watches and I remember seeing this one in one of the Men in Black movies. Might pick up the Ventura XXL.
    Here's a better pic of it. I'm nit generally a fan of skeletons, some do it for me, some don't, buy ya the more I look at this one, it's hard to not pull the trigger on it, even though I said I'd stop buying watches since I never get to wear them.


  20. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Subaru Outback
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea I dunno. The price might be exceeding my budget thread. The mido seems like a crazy value for a true gmt.
    When you say "true" gmt, are you referring to the "hour hand" that is adjustable vs the "GMT hand"? I know everyone on watch forums gets their knickers in a twist over this and tends to look down at the movements where the GMT hand is the one that adjusts. However, having owned both types, I still prefer having the GMT hand that adjusts vs the hour hand as I like to keep the hour hand for tracking Calgary time. My current GMT Seiko has the hour hand that adjusts and I would much rather have it the other way.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Similar Threads

  1. Low Budget / No Budget Lighting Studio

    By BerserkerCatSplat in forum Photographer's Corner
    Replies: 26
    Latest Threads: 01-16-2006, 01:46 PM
  2. Any Suggestions for a car with limited budget?

    By tommy1223 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 06-22-2004, 11:08 AM
  3. Newbie to cars wanting to make a fast civic on a budget

    By Pan0phobik in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 37
    Latest Threads: 06-20-2004, 10:47 PM
  4. Bike Budget?

    By liquid1010 in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 41
    Latest Threads: 01-20-2004, 12:49 AM
  5. Looking for a new ride, on a budget.

    By ByDefault in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 10-05-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •