Quantcast
Trucks Discussion w/ poll - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Which is the better choice?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation

16 80.00%
  • 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks Discussion w/ poll

My Ride
    This and that.

Default Trucks Discussion w/ poll

I wanted a place where the experts can discuss the new 2020 trucks (in particular two/possibly three). I know there are a bunch of threads all over the place but nothing really comparing what I am interested in - at least not easily accessible. So some of you may know, I am in mood to swap out of the Jeep and while initially I was looking at cars and what not, I got to thinking truck practicality is something that I wouldn't mind. Have a luxury SUV, a supercar so round things up a pick up truck makes sense.

Which lead me to some research and it seems like pretty aggressive leasing deals can be had on 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation. Spent some time browsing online and the look is growing on me. Also came across equally aggressive deals on Chevrolet Silverado 1500's. I know F150's were also decent but for the sake of this discussion I am not including those at all as I recently got my father in law one and while he loves it, if I am getting a pick up truck I'd want something else. Would love a Raptor but don't want to spend that kind of $.

So really based on the deals alone I am thinking either the GMC or the Silverado. I know they both have various engine options which I am a little confused about as to which one to go with. I know for sure if I do get a truck, I'd like a crew cab with short bed (that's not up for negotiation). Everything else is. Dodge Ram 1500 could have been an option but at least online I don't see any aggressive deals and I am not going to pay 6%+ interest on a pick up truck when I didn't even do that for an exotic. At least that's what it shows online.

So out of the two, what do you experts suggest I should look at more closely? What options are a must have? Do remember as this was solely motivated due to the 'good deal' aspect of it so I don't want to go too crazy or anything. I like the looks of the Sierra Elevation I think but don't hate the Silverado either. I didn't like that the GMC only has gear level in the steering wheel from what I could see at least in the Elevation package I am looking at. I plan to test drive a couple of different engine variations but what should I be aiming for? I was leaning towards the 4 cyl turbo as it will be driven on highways a lot so I could use the better mileage. It won't tow much other than a 10 seater boat and trailer in the summer. I'd imagine even the 4 cyl would be able to do that? How tall are these things? My work parkade entrance is 6'1" so I obviously would like to be able to fit it in there.

What dealer is the best to check out in Edmonton? I understand not everyone may be able to help me out with this part. I have not made up my mind by any means but this does seem to be a more 'practical' option if I am replacing the Jeep instead of another 2 door or 4 door sports/luxury car which I am also thinking about. And for fun - I made a post.

Oh and if the Ram does have better incentives than what I can see online - as in equal to what the GMC and Chevy is offering then I'd definitely keep it in the running so let me know. And for fun, I made a poll.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I support all your threads bro. But you should get what @kilramos has. The 6.2L engine is for sure overkill for you, but in a good way. It's a corvette baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

All GMs have column shift for starters. The 4cyl won’t be the most fuel efficient according to most independent testing, better to step up to a LT with the 5.3 and 8 speed (6.2 gets the 10 speed from 2019 on). Base trim level new body (WT, Custom) with the 5.3L get stuck with the old 6 speed trans so be aware of that. 5.3, 6.2 and 3L are all available or standard with the ten speed.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

My advice is drive all the ones you're interested in. The lease payments will be very close between GM and Ram. Interest rate is irrelevant here. All you care is the bottom line with 0 down. Ram will have a lease rate a few percentage points higher, but a much much higher discount overall once you actually negotiate.

Ram had a 15% increase in sales last year where GM and Ford had drops in sales. So it is at least worth test driving it. Ford also always has really good lease rates and incentives all year long.

The 2020 truck game is insane now so i feel your pain lol I was never a fan of the GM or sierra but the more i see them the more i like them, my buddy just got the 20 denali and its a sick truck. My other buddy has a 19 ram and thats also a sick truck, the interior on it is probably the nicest imo, makes my 18 lariat feel so dated. Im also pretty sure you'll be able to get way better than 6%, thats gotta be a typo or if youre financing for over 5 years. Definitely drive them all.

If you dont need something right away i would hold off til they at least reveal the 2021 f150, from what i read its not a complete new truck like the 14 to 15 but it will have new body panels and the interior is supposed to be majorly updated. Realistically though you could be waiting a full year before they offer decent deals on it. If its anything like the first round of 15's they'll be going for close if not full msrp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Im also pretty sure you'll be able to get way better than 6%, thats gotta be a typo or if youre financing for over 5 years.
    Pretty sure this guy only finances for 5 weeks before swapping.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

By the time the 2021 f150 is on dealer lots, he will be looking to sell his GMC.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    My work parkade entrance is 6'1" so I obviously would like to be able to fit it in there.
    If this is anywhere resembling important to you don’t buy new a half ton pickup truck.

Also a 4Cyl? Don’t be a little bitch and get the 6.2 or bust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I support all your threads bro. But you should get what @kilramos has. The 6.2L engine is for sure overkill for you, but in a good way. It's a corvette baby.
    This
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

lol.

This height issue is real. I confirmed the work parkade height today. Really shitty as I was really liking the Sierra and had a call from one of their sales guy too. Dunno..might go for a drive anyway. Dropped the idea of the 4 cyl - Elevation trim comes with the 5.XL V8 so that's what I was leaning towards.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Just lower it...boom! Problem solved.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

That's an easy fix. Just airbag the suspension and drop low when entering the garage.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    lol.

This height issue is real. I confirmed the work parkade height today. Really shitty as I was really liking the Sierra and had a call from one of their sales guy too. Dunno..might go for a drive anyway. Dropped the idea of the 4 cyl - Elevation trim comes with the 5.XL V8 so that's what I was leaning towards.
    My parkade is 6’8 and while I’m a bit taller than an elevation I hit my antenna on every sign and pipe on the way in every day. There is no way you are getting a 2020 MY pickup into a 6’1 parkade. You would need to slam it to fit.

Didn’t you have a new ford pickup in the last 18 months and you lasted like 3 days with it?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

Actually some of the dropped ones look quite nice online...

Talked to the guy - I am gonna test drive both the 4cyla and 5.3L options.. He said he can bring it to my work and pull up the truck close to the parkade entrance to see how it looks so that'll help.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

See what would look really good, is a lowered Raptor.

Do it, it’s only money.

fact.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So is the truck purchase in conjunction with the GTI? Or is the truck first, then trade it in for a GTI in 9 weeks?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Why aren't you looking at a raptor, seems more your style :p

My Ride
    This and that.

Would love a Raptor. A close friend recently got one but don't want to spend the kind of money. This is replacing the cheap Jeep - so want to have something along the same lines.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So is the truck purchase in conjunction with the GTI? Or is the truck first, then trade it in for a GTI in 9 weeks?
    Don't think I am considering a GTI anymore. I am however looking at Lexus IS350's though and brand new one is actually quite cheap to lease - even cheaper than the Sierra. I know the two options couldn't be more polar opposite - haha.

My Ride
    Ram truck and some bikes

interested to see how this goes. Those new Rams are too nice!!

Been driving a 2010 Ram 4x4 lowered 3/3 and have no issues with parkades anywhere. Plus no running boards to dirty up your legs in the crappy weather.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Is this a troll account just made up by Rage2 to keep discussions going on new cars?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast