Quantcast
2010 Santa Fe - P0024 CEL - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2010 Santa Fe - P0024 CEL

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Default 2010 Santa Fe - P0024 CEL

Hey Beyond,

I'm just hoping to get your expertise if anyone's ever had to fix something similar. Any suggestions or insight are appreciated.

Our recently purchased 2010 Santa Fe has come up with a CEL P0024 - Camshaft Position B - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 2). It currently has around 94000 km's

I've been reading up on the code to get some ideas and some Santa Fe owners have mentioned that that non-OEM filter can result in poor flow rate.

Other sites seem to point towards a cam sensor failure which can be replaced.

Some symptoms that have popped up is seemingly poor mileage and the car "lurches" forward when we first drive it.

I'm a car newb and have no experience with repairs, but my intent is to have the oil changed since it's coming up on the interval service anyhow, but I'd also like to look into the sensor issue at the same time as well.

Thoughts?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

https://www.fixdapp.com/blog/p0024-code

Did you read this?

I would go get that Oil Change ASAP to rule out Diagnosis #1 and 2.
    Consider going to Hyundai and buying whatever branded filter from their parts department based on that reading you've done around non-OEM. You don't need to get your OC done there if there is a fear they are gonna identify several other issues to try and sucker you into more repairs.

I assume you're reading your P0024 from an OBDII reader. After the OC, clear that code out and see if it comes back right away or if you are still noticing the lurching.

Find yourself a reputable shop for repairs if required. I'm also interested in knowing if someone has a recommended Hyundai repair place.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Thanks for the reply. I did read that page.

I had clear the P0024 code several weeks back and it made its way home couple days ago. I didn't clear it yet but my wife came home last night and said that the CEL turned off at some point.

Our oil change is slated for this weekend but I anticipate that it'd be operational prudence to get the cam sensor replaced as well, to start.

Will report back on how things go.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Just wanted to also say thanks to @PulsePro and @eglove for reaching out via PM.