Quantcast
Reconnected an old autostart, now have electrical gremlin. HALP - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Reconnected an old autostart, now have electrical gremlin. HALP

Default Reconnected an old autostart, now have electrical gremlin. HALP

So my truck is a 94 Chevy s10.

It already had an AS-1200 AUTOSTART (NAH121) brand starter installed at some point before I purchased the truck, but the remote was lost. 2 years into owning the truck I decide to order a remote off ebay for it.

So I have no idea how many years this autostart sat without being used, but I was successful in getting the remote programmed!

Now for the problem... The truck starts fine using the remote, but when I turn the truck off sometimes the parking lights (front and back) stay on FOR SEVERAL HOURS! This doesn't happen every time I use the starter (maybe 50% of the time) but it sucks because I end up having to disconnect my battery terminal so it doesn't die.
    The parking lights eventually turn off after many hours, and the problem doesn't happen at all if I start the truck with the key.

Could this be a faulty valet switch? The truck is 26 years old after all and I'm assuming the autostart is also from the 90s judging by how the 1 way remote looks.

Could this be something else? Please help meeeee 🙏

I am guessing the park light relay on the autostart is sticking.. with the park lights on, are you able to remote start from the remote? (just want to rule out a bad hood pin)..

I would look for the yellow wire from the autostart, and pull the fuse. (if you are ok with the park lights not coming on when your remote start it).

Well that makes a lot more sense then anything I was finding online. I love this forum already!

Yeah this morning I remote started it, and the truck turned off after 7 mins. Truck was off, but parking lights were stuck on. I started it again from inside the house and it started up again even with the parking lights on. When I got to work the lights went off when I turned the truck off surprisingly (they blinked a few times first tho)

I'm definitely ok with the parking lights not coming on when I start it since the headlights come