Quantcast
Rooco shut down - apparently keeps payments - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rooco shut down - apparently keeps payments

Default Rooco shut down - apparently keeps payments

Wife paid a ticket with this in December, got notice today of her conviction for the ticket...along with extra fees. So much for savings.

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2020/01...loses-up-shop/

https://www.rooco.ca/

Love how there's no mention of refunds. Time to call the bank...

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Anyone had to see this coming, this was a broken model from the start.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Need @JoniBoy for da real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Seriously, the website had a full notice to public of the company being shut down when I posted this. I sit on hold with Mastercard and by the time I get put through to the right person, the website goes full 404. And now back to the notice, of course when I'm off the phone...

Dispute lodged.

Oddly enough, this is the second time we had something like this in the past few months. Another unnamed local company closed up without notifying anyone. We had about a month's advance warning from a third party that they were going to close their doors, so used up most of the credit we had before then. The night before they shut down they were still taking deposits from customers for future services. Their Instagram post "please contact us for refunds" and "we're opening a new location!", but nothing but crickets there. Which is too bad because I'll be seeing this person and their family often in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by syscal; 02-04-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: couldn't expect their website to still work properly lol

My Ride
    06 TL

Interesting...I wonder why they closed their operations entirely when it appears to just be limited to Edmonton prosecutors. Calgary was still business as usual when I was down there a few week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JoniBoy View Post
    Interesting...I wonder why they closed their operations entirely when it appears to just be limited to Edmonton prosecutors. Calgary was still business as usual when I was down there a few week ago.
    edmonton created a policy that stated they will not negotiate discounts on photo radar tickets thus putting that service out of business.

From what I read elsewhere many people have gotten refunds.

My Ride
    This and that.

Calgary will eventually follow suit. Edmonton was in fact one of the last major jurisdictions that refused to lower the photo radar speeding tickets. Lots of smaller jurisdictions all around Alberta had already stopped the practice well before Edmonton stopped. The word is that Calgary will eventually do the same as I am sure Kenny's cuts in the Judiciary aren't helping and they'd like to make as much money as possible.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    edmonton created a policy that stated they will not negotiate discounts on photo radar tickets thus putting that service out of business.
    Who touched Mayor Don Iveson's pee-pee when he was a little boy and then sped away so hastily in a fast car?
    How many times did that happen to him to make him hate speeding so much?

He's like the fat kid from Deadpool-2 but with a vendetta 100% against speeding.

My Ride
    Silverado

Just take all the tickets to court instead of pleading with the jop. The city will quickly learn the value of a discount

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
    All the cities in Alberta should make bylaws (several of them already have them but are rarely used) for speeding offences. All tickets written would go straight to the city rather than provincial government. No demerits, flat fee. It would be good for the people who aren't habitual speeders or driving like a dick. I'm a terrible traffic cop who hasn't written a speeding ticket in several weeks but people seem to love getting the bylaw ticket instead. $100, no demerits, and all money stays in the city.
    Well, and no personal offence intended, it's nice to see a law officer just fully admit it's for revenue. It's actually kind of refreshing haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    *The First*

I still crush speeding past construction workers, emergency vehicles, and tow trucks. It's also a great reason to stop a person. I have made several various arrests that have spawned from speeding stops. Other than that it's one of my most discretionary tickets haha. Seeing how they get wheeled and dealed in court tells me how the court system views them too. I focus far more effort on impaired driving, distracted driving, and being a thorn to all the shitty thieves and drug traffickers
    Good for you. I've always argued that boots on the ground traffic enforcement leads to so, so many arrests for unrelated crimes, warrants, etc that it should be a bigger focus. The reliance on photo radar has been a detriment to this effort.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rat Fink again.

My Ride
    VTAKK

I still crush speeding past construction workers, emergency vehicles, and tow trucks. It's also a great reason to stop a person. I have made several various arrests that have spawned from speeding stops. Other than that it's one of my most discretionary tickets haha. Seeing how they get wheeled and dealed in court tells me how the court system views them too. I focus far more effort on impaired driving, distracted driving, and being a thorn to all the shitty thieves and drug traffickers
    You sir, are my hero! Wish all cops were like you

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Wait, when did you get into law enforcement?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Good for you. I've always argued that boots on the ground traffic enforcement leads to so, so many arrests for unrelated crimes, warrants, etc that it should be a bigger focus. The reliance on photo radar has been a detriment to this effort.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rat Fink again.
    Haha it goes both ways really. ‘Traffic stops’, ‘document verification’ etc are also prime ways in which PO’s pull over people to further their investigations for unrelated things. For example a known drug dealer driving around, suddenly a PO has found an excuse to do a traffic stop, oh and just happen to see some cocaine residue in the dash which they then have to further their investigation and voila a bag with drugs under the seat or in a trunk. The power is there no doubt, I just wish it wasn’t abused as it is by many. Rat Fink sounds solid though, I know not all PO’s are the same, have a couple of cousins in CPS and RCMP and they are solid dudes.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    , have a couple of cousins in CPS and RCMP and they are solid dudes.
    THAT must create some interesting conversation at family functions!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Haha it goes both ways really. ‘Traffic stops’, ‘document verification’ etc are also prime ways in which PO’s pull over people to further their investigations for unrelated things. For example a known drug dealer driving around, suddenly a PO has found an excuse to do a traffic stop, oh and just happen to see some cocaine residue in the dash which they then have to further their investigation and voila a bag with drugs under the seat or in a trunk. The power is there no doubt, I just wish it wasn’t abused as it is by many. Rat Fink sounds solid though, I know not all PO’s are the same, have a couple of cousins in CPS and RCMP and they are solid dudes.
    Yes, I meant more dumb criminals running red lights with broken tail lights and they get pulled over for an actual infraction whereby they get busted for the #BigDirty.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 05:18 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    THAT must create some interesting conversation at family functions!
    Haha yes, there have been some heated discussions after a few drinks on a couple of occasions. Everyone else just knows to walk away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast