Quantcast
Rooco shut down - apparently keeps payments - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rooco shut down - apparently keeps payments

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha it goes both ways really. ‘Traffic stops’, ‘document verification’ etc are also prime ways in which PO’s pull over people to further their investigations for unrelated things. For example a known drug dealer driving around, suddenly a PO has found an excuse to do a traffic stop, oh and just happen to see some cocaine residue in the dash which they then have to further their investigation and voila a bag with drugs under the seat or in a trunk. The power is there no doubt, I just wish it wasn’t abused as it is by many. Rat Fink sounds solid though, I know not all PO’s are the same, have a couple of cousins in CPS and RCMP and they are solid dudes.
    From a legal perspective, is it important that people get away with things as a result of law enforcement being bound by red tape, so LEO's should never discover or solve something by serendipitous means?

Results shouldn't be obtained as a result of abuse of powers is what you're saying?

Just wanted to add that I'm asking for real in case my post comes off as sarcastic as fuck haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From a legal perspective, is it important that people get away with things as a result of law enforcement being bound by red tape, so LEO's should never discover or solve something by serendipitous means?

Results shouldn't be obtained as a result of abuse of powers is what you're saying?

Just wanted to add that I'm asking for real in case my post comes off as sarcastic as fuck haha.
    Yes and no. Those who have powers given to them should not end up abusing them without consequences. This is Canada after all and the Charter of Rights is there for a reason. Otherwise, there is no difference between a 1st world country such as this or somewhere like Saudi Arabia. Those in power should not be rewarded (get convictions) due to the abuse of their powers/acting illegally. The idea isn't so much that those whom are guilty should get away with crime without consequences, but those who are meant to uphold the law do so within the ambit of their power and authority.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2