Quantcast
Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions? - Page 36 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Is The Corona Virus Impacting Your Decisions to Travel?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have delayed trips due to concerns with the virus.

26 34.21%
  • No, I am proceeding as planned with all travel.

33 43.42%
  • Yes, but I will take precautions and still go.

17 22.37%
  • The Corona threat is all a bunch of hogwash.

6 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions?

I've got a travel question, not even sure where to start to find some info. There's a chance I might have to go overseas to attend to a family/business matter in the next month or two, I'd prefer to be a quick trip in and out within 7-10days. Now if the country I'm going to requires 14 days self isolation upon landing, does this mean I have to stay there for 14 days in isolation? Even if I only need to really go for maybe a week? Or can I go, do what I need to do and leave as I wish? Isolation isn't an issue as I can still get things done with the people I've got there... it's just the 14 day time frame and not wanting to have to stay there for 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got a travel question, not even sure where to start to find some info. There's a chance I might have to go overseas to attend to a family/business matter in the next month or two, I'd prefer to be a quick trip in and out within 7-10days. Now if the country I'm going to requires 14 days self isolation upon landing, does this mean I have to stay there for 14 days in isolation? Even if I only need to really go for maybe a week? Or can I go, do what I need to do and leave as I wish? Isolation isn't an issue as I can still get things done with the people I've got there... it's just the 14 day time frame and not wanting to have to stay there for 14 days.
    Depends on the country. The UK for example allows it, but you can't go anywhere. So for example if you arrive for 7 days, you can't leave your hotel room for 7 days then you have to leave. You also have to fill out some paperwork.

Anywhere you go with a 14 day arrival quarantine means you need to stay in your hotel room for minimum 14 days unless you are leaving to the airport to go home early.

Best to check with the specific country's rules.

Probably depends on the country. But how would you be able to do what you need to do while holed up in a hotel for 2 weeks, that you can't do from here?

We've got a family home where I can self isolate, so I've got people that I can communicate with and can help arrange fund transfers etc with my approvals. It's one of those things I can probably get done from here in a worst case scenario but would go way smoother if I'm there in person. Anyways I've still got some time to think about it and brainstorm alternate solutions.

We've got a family home where I can self isolate, so I've got people that I can communicate with and can help arrange fund transfers etc with my approvals. It's one of those things I can probably get done from here in a worst case scenario but would go way smoother if I'm there in person. Anyways I've still got some time to think about it and brainstorm alternate solutions.
    I don't believe you can go stay with your family, as that means you have not quarantined. You won't be able to do anything in person provided you're following the rules. Especially if it's just funds transfers, I don't know the details, but it shouldn't be too bad to do remotely. Probably save you a lot of money too.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Don't forget, you'll have to 14 day quarantine when you get back to Canada too.

So plan for a month of sitting.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

If the country requires 14 days of isolation, you won't be allowed back to the airport. We had to cancel a trip to PIE this month because of that. Damn Islanders.

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    If the country requires 14 days of isolation, you won't be allowed back to the airport. We had to cancel a trip to PIE this month because of that. Damn Islanders.
    Depends on the country. As mentioned the UK allows it unless that changed in the last few weeks. You have to fill out paperwork at the airport. It is pointless though because you would arrive there just to quarantine, and the only place you can go before 14 days is back to the airport.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-23-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, definitely not looking to be stuck there longer than needed. Going to try and push everything to Q2 2021 and hope things are better by then. Risk to Reward ratio isn't quite appealing enough.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Reason not to travel #467: some people are likely to get kicked off your flight, causing delays and stress.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tra...ghts-1.5732572
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Don't forget, you'll have to 14 day quarantine when you get back to Canada too.

So plan for a month of sitting.
    yup thats the big problem these days. a two week trip becomes 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Reason not to travel #467: some people are likely to get kicked off your flight, causing delays and stress.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tra...ghts-1.5732572
    Wow, they didn't test the mask on the kid before travel? They deserved to get kicked off.

That being said the last 2 flights I was on, there were people not wearing masks. One guy was wearing a mask but it looked like a bow hunting mask with steel mesh and giant holes. I am not sure if the flight attendants just didn't notice or if they had exemptions.

My Ride
    NC1

Lol I sympathize a lot with those families. My nephew is almost 2 lol good luck keeping a mask on

Truly crazy times

- - - Updated - - -

My buddy is coming from HK and I’m driving him from airport to hotel cuz he said not allowed to get a taxi and must arrange private transport? Okay honestly no big deal but I was just surprised by it or maybe he misread or something??

14 days in a hotel room. Yea just kill me.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Lol I sympathize a lot with those families. My nephew is almost 2 lol good luck keeping a mask on

Truly crazy times
    Yup. I can hardly keep a mask on my 3 year old in stores for 30 mins. On a flight for multiple hours? No chance in hell

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

The answer is drugs. Knock them out for the flight.

Or just don't fucking fly if your kids can't handle a mask. What happens in an emergency and the oxygen masks come down? If the kid can't handle a paper mask, they sure as hell won't handle a breathing apparatus.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 09-24-2020 at 09:57 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    The answer is drugs. Knock them out for the flight.

Or just don't fucking fly if your kids can't handle a mask. What happens in an emergency and the oxygen masks come down? If the kid can't handle a paper mask, they sure as hell won't handle a breathing apparatus.
    This.

My Ride
    rally pig

would these snorkel masks be acceptable for covid?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I know some people were asking about needing a covid test to enter other countries. Ichor labs now does private PCR swab testing with 48 hour results so you could book it right before a trip if necessary.

https://ichorblood.ca/pages/COVID-19...ody+Testing/14

Health Canada just approved rapid testing too, which I am sure the airlines will be all over trying to get Canada to allow people to avoid quarantine pending a negative result.

I am hoping by November-ish I can go somewhere and just pay for rapid tests on either end.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Health Canada just approved rapid testing too, which I am sure the airlines will be all over trying to get Canada to allow people to avoid quarantine pending a negative result.

I am hoping by November-ish I can go somewhere and just pay for rapid tests on either end.
    I hope you are correct and we can take a bold step forward. The division within our own country has been completed insanity, (Maritime Provinces - we're talking about YOU). It would also be nice to enhance Int'l travel.

Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast