Quantcast
Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Is The Corona Virus Impacting Your Decisions to Travel?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have delayed trips due to concerns with the virus.

26 34.21%
  • No, I am proceeding as planned with all travel.

33 43.42%
  • Yes, but I will take precautions and still go.

17 22.37%
  • The Corona threat is all a bunch of hogwash.

6 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume they can check your passport and see what stamps you've had on there.
    Do they check passports on cruise ships? I’ve never been on one, so have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Do they check passports on cruise ships? I’ve never been on one, so have no idea?
    Yup, every time you embark and disembark the ship they check your passport.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Yup. And in this email, they mentioned there will be additional checks done on top of what they normally do. Also mentioned things like crew and staff that belonged to those countries and were supposed to be coming back will not be allowed for the time being. None of the staff's flights are being routed from either of these countries either apparently. And even if you didn't actually travel to those countries, but just had a layover from the airport, you're still not allowed on board. They are definitely taking stringent measures from the sound of it - which is definitely good.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

All Asia trips are definitly off the table for this year. Not out of fear of catching the virus, but the hassle of having to wear face masks everyday/everywhere, and potentially getting stranded/stuck, or have to quarantine myself for 14 days after coming back. Just not worth the potential hassle.

My parents, who were in their mid 70s, were denied boarding a cruise ship in Dubai several weeks back because they flew in from Hong Kong. They didn't find out until day of boarding, so I had to arrange a last minute flight for them to fly out of Dubai. It was a bit of a mess and $$$. They were soooo tired from all the traveling. I felt so bad for them.

Their friends from Canada were able to board this cruise, and apparently the ship was denied docking in Thailand And Singapore, which were to final stops of the cruise with disembark in Singapore. So it ended u being 7 straight sea days and turning around back to Dubai to disembark. The guests all had to pay a premium (no reimbursement from cruise line) to change their return flights from Singapore to Dubai.

My Ride
    Z

You do not need to wear face masks. Ie there are 20 million people in Osaka right now and how many infected? 10? I think this is pretty overblown. Not more than half of people are wearing them
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wearing a face mask all day is innefective. Washing your hands and not touching your face is effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Z

Plus you're not going to get infected, plus the infection isn't even that bad. People saying they're not going to Asia until this blows over is just crazy
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    Plus you're not going to get infected, plus the infection isn't even that bad. People saying they're not going to Asia until this blows over is just crazy
    I think it's not about getting hit with it. But potential travel inconvenience.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Headed to beautiful Casper Wyoming today. Lady a few ahead of me at the customs line was wearing a face mask. The customs guy was spending an awful long time taking her temperature, scanning all her fingerprints individually.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

I'm immunocompromised due to some treatments for crohns/colitis. Last year I was in TO every 3 or so weeks for work, and I probably wouldn't feel great about doing that same amount of travelling now, but I'd still continue with it. Totes wouldn't be flying through Asia in the current state, and a couple of colleagues have rescheduled flights for vacations to avoid connections through China/HK/Japan. Got a trip to NYC at the end of April; If things stay as they are now I'll go, but postponing is definitely on my mind.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Yes, holding off a trip in April (likely a cruise) in the Florida/Caribbean. The evidence is been quite clear for almost a month about the severity and transmissibility of this virus, and it isn't lining up with what the Canadian media and government is saying.

My Ride
    2015 JGC SRT, 2011 Audi S5, MB CLS, 2015 HD RGS

Just got back from Thailand last night. Flew from Chaing Mai to Bangkok, Taipei, Vancouver to Calgary. In Taipei they made all passengers fill out a coronavirus form, basically sign a piece of paper saying you don't have it. lol. Not really any issues in any of the airports. In Chiang Mai and Taipei they have some makeshift thermoscan stations setup but not really checking anyone, more for making you FEEL protected. We did get head scanned at the Phuket airport. Funny that Vancouver had the least amount of virus checking you wouldn't' think anything was different. In Bangkok at customs, you have to put both hands on a scanner to check for fingerprints which is a little disgusting when you think about it, but like all previous comments, wash you hands regularly. Most Asians in the airports were wearing masks but 90 percent of white people were not. We did not wear any masks the entire trip, keep that shit in your own mask!

My daughter lives in Thailand and we spoke to a lot of people and they did admit that travel and tourism is down due to the Chinese not travelling, plus 2 Russian kids killed on a ferry boat accident in Thailand did not help the Russian tourists. The airports were noticeably quieter with less travellers. Great for us as we had a lot more space around us than we usually do in SE Asia. Makes it tough too when all the cute flight attendants are wearing masks. None of the WestJet staff are wearing masks.

Overall, I wouldn't be too concerned with travel to Asia, except China, just use common sense and wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by XylathaneGTR View Post
    I'm immunocompromised due to some treatments for crohns/colitis. Last year I was in TO every 3 or so weeks for work, and I probably wouldn't feel great about doing that same amount of travelling now, but I'd still continue with it. Totes wouldn't be flying through Asia in the current state, and a couple of colleagues have rescheduled flights for vacations to avoid connections through China/HK/Japan. Got a trip to NYC at the end of April; If things stay as they are now I'll go, but postponing is definitely on my mind.
    Eh you should be more concerned about getting measles again. Its R0 is around 18.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Booking travel for work, taking a look at seats to Frankfurt this Saturday, it's empty as fuck. Free skycouch haha.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 9.58.48 AM.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  22.6 KB

Great time to travel if you're cheap, it's like 1/2 price right now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Booking travel for work, taking a look at seats to Frankfurt this Saturday, it's empty as fuck. Free skycouch haha.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 9.58.48 AM.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  22.6 KB

Great time to travel if you're cheap, it's like 1/2 price right now.
    you could book whatever seat you want and almost guarantee someone else will book one beside you
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    you could book whatever seat you want and almost guarantee someone else will book one beside you
    I always look for that guy and then pick the seat beside them.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

mi scusi!

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I was going to head to Thailand but I will go next year. Instead I booked a quick trip to Negril.
    Last edited by Lex350; 02-24-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

No changes yet, doing LA in March and Mexico in May still. Will keep tabs on whats going on but not overly worried as it hasn't really spread to those areas yet. Thought the rapid spread into Italy is kind of concerning

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    No changes yet, doing LA in March and Mexico in May still. Will keep tabs on whats going on but not overly worried as it hasn't really spread to those areas yet. Thought the rapid spread into Italy is kind of concerning
    Both Iran and Italy shows that it only takes 1. And 30 days incubation mean all airports' screening are pointless.

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast