Quantcast
Wolcen - anyone playing? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wolcen - anyone playing?

Default Wolcen - anyone playing?

Not sure if anyone is a fan of Diablo style games but Wolcen was fully released last week. The first couple days were a dumpster fire, but seems to be working good now. Anyone playing online mode?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I pirated it and played offline for the past couple days.

Still buggy but promising for a kickstarter project. Aspects of Apocalypse are cool addition.

Would rate it 6/10.

Score has nothing to do with the Act 1 boss but I eventually got tired of it and cheated my way through it

Act 1 boss was pretty simple once I figured out you could roll through that aoe on phase 3, Act 2 is a different animal I am told. Haven't gotten there yet. Got a unique yesterday which was cool!

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Depends on what you mean by simple. Even progamers such as Rhykker and other redditors stated that the Act 1 boss were more difficult than they thought. Depending on your build, the bugginess of the game made the boss much harder.

I got through Phase 1 and 2 several times before using a infinite-rage trainer but I also don't have the patience that I once did haha. IMO they need to tinker a bit with the potion system and/or the dropping of HP orbs to make multi-phasic boss battles more sustainable.

Wolcen wasn't designed to be a one shot one kill slugfest like Diablo 3 was. Not a complaint, just an observation since I've been playing the franchise since D2.

I'm playing the Rogue build because I've heard some kinks need to be worked out with melee builds.

Speaking of action RPG's, remember that arcade game Gauntlet Legends?

I did it with a unique bow, full ferocity build, which was super hard. Then I did it on my other character with a spin to win bladestorm build, that made it way easier. I agree they really need to make other builds useful, as most people just make the exact same setup because it is the only way to farm. Has a lot of potential with the gate system, but the way its designed currently you are forced to go a certain way if you want to min/max your setup.

I do remember the name for sure. I am looking forward to Torchlight 3, at least to hold me over until more Diablo 4 news/beta comes. I have honestly never played Diablo other than 3 which was fun at the start, but Blizzard seemed to have forgot about the game.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Agreed. Action RPG's are an interesting genre because I enjoy Diablo's relatively simple formula. Some of them try a bit too hard to set themselves apart and end up being convoluted.

Maybe it's the familiarity but I also found Path of Exile a bit tough to digest. It wasn't intuitive, what with the 150 skill stones that you could choose from to socket your gear with.

I enjoyed the Torchlight series too but there was not much as storyline and IIRC the levels scaled up to infinite.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Yikes. Apparently this hot mess of a game had such poor QA that the final boss of the game bugs out haha. You can't deal any damage at all after the first phase lol.

Oh lovely haha. Haven't gotten there yet

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I'm just gonna leave it for a bit. I can't even finish the game if I wanted although some people say that they were able to get past it after 7-10 tries of bugging out.

The amount of flaws that I'm reading about through Reddit and other sources is hilarious. Apparently on expedition maps magic find was stacking everytime you transitioned to a new map and some players ended up with 12000% MF at one point