Quantcast
Physician Cost-Cutting - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Physician Cost-Cutting

My Ride
    Silverado

How about anyone who has taken aspirin during a heart attack. Also all of these items.

Name:  INFOGRAPHIC_Plastics in medicine_Blunt Strategic.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  52.8 KB

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oil and gas never saved someone’s life?
    He didn't claim as such, he specifically mentioned the worker, not the work.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Soooo, modern medicine saves lives, not doctors.

Am I understanding this right? The worker does not mean the work?

Nothing stopping someone with a medical degree from driving truck to double their earnings if it’s all about the money, but maybe there is a reason they had to pay people with high school degrees so much money to do the work no one else wanted to do.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Exactly. No one, especially doctors, is saying that O&G is not important. Society is built on the usage of oil and oil related products and will continue to be like this for the far forseeable future. My opinion is that, although our society centers on oil for daily life, we can still be mindful of it's usage moving forward, but this is just a personal thought.

Docs also understand the realities of the new economic environment and we need to work together to find a sustainable solution. However, there's been a lot of misinformation about doctor's pay "the highest in Canada!", with so many more "benefits and better hours!" etc, mostly packaged and fabricated by the government in such a way to spin a narrative. The health system is extremely complex as are physician compensation models (fee for service, alternate relationship plans, research/academics, clinical administration to name a few) and it's not so easy to distill it down to a number that can be easily compared to others. Please consider reviewing facts and rebuttals to these statements coming from us before making your decisions. https://www.albertadoctors.org/servi...ecision-making

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have no beef with doctors or what they get paid, good for them in my books. Outside of them being funded with public dollars and as such insulated from market forces I also don’t agree that they deserve to get paid less because O&G workers are having a hard time.

My beef is with the moron talk show radio host, his mentalities, and the dumb shit he was spewing.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Oil and gas never saved someone’s life? Tell that to Quebec who started screaming bloody murder when they were low on propane for a few days. What’s the population of Canada that doesn’t die every year because they don’t freeze to death? lol
    Trying to spin the O&G industry to be a noble crusade is a horrible tactic.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    No, our world relies on it and believes we can love without...

The world seems oblivious to the fact that fertilizer comes largely from LNG sources.

Argue noble - but we have no real ability to exist without modern oil and gas production.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I think there is a big difference between making an industry out to be noble, and recognizing the integral role energy plays in our health and quality of life we take for granted on a day to day basis.

I don’t see why anyone would be precluded from defending an industry that has had such an immense positive impact on human life over the past century. Doesn’t mean working for oil and gas grants you entry to sainthood.

fact.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Doesn’t mean working for oil and gas grants you entry to sainthood.
    Fuck really? I’m gonna have to change careers now!

As everyone knows, I'm a pretty far left wackjob, but there's a reason why I don't comment on O&G or the environment very often, which is that I don't like either proposed solution in Canada. As others have said, O&G isn't exactly noble but it's certainly necessary at the present moment. While most here disagree with the idea of actively searching for replacement, until that replacement comes O&G is vital to pretty much everything. So this half-assed bullshit plan to stop O&G here while doing basically nothing to replace it is disastrous, and I think it's fair to point that out

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    While most here disagree with the idea of actively searching for replacement,
    I'm glad you're fairly level headed about the rest of it for a left job whacko. But this statement right here I would say you're dead wrong. Maybe that would be surprising to you? I'm pro O&G because it is the most efficient and cost effective form of energy we have on the planet right now, and we can't exist in a global economy without it. But just because I'm pro O&G, does not mean I'm against looking for or developing alternative forms of energy. One day we will run out of oil, and humankind should be prepared with something else when the time comes.

However, I'm very against throwing money away on developing forms of energy that are proven to not work(ie wind and solar), all for the purpose of good political optics.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    No, our world relies on it and believes we can love without...

The world seems oblivious to the fact that fertilizer comes largely from LNG sources.

Argue noble - but we have no real ability to exist without modern oil and gas production.
    I think there is a big difference between making an industry out to be noble, and recognizing the integral role energy plays in our health and quality of life we take for granted on a day to day basis.

I don’t see why anyone would be precluded from defending an industry that has had such an immense positive impact on human life over the past century. Doesn’t mean working for oil and gas grants you entry to sainthood.

100% agree, but the worst way to argue that is by comparing oil and gas workers to ER doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I'm glad you're fairly level headed about the rest of it for a left job whacko. But this statement right here I would say you're dead wrong. Maybe that would be surprising to you? I'm pro O&G because it is the most efficient and cost effective form of energy we have on the planet right now, and we can't exist in a global economy without it. But just because I'm pro O&G, does not mean I'm against looking for or developing alternative forms of energy. One day we will run out of oil, and humankind should be prepared with something else when the time comes.

However, I'm very against throwing money away on developing forms of energy that are proven to not work(ie wind and solar), all for the purpose of good political optics.
    This sure is shocking, I must have missed your stance on this on every other page of every other topic in this sub-forum since you joined

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Did anyone here attend the Conservative Budget Town Hall yesterday..?

I have no beef with doctors or what they get paid, good for them in my books. Outside of them being funded with public dollars and as such insulated from market forces I also don’t agree that they deserve to get paid less because O&G workers are having a hard time.
    Given that we're in the middle of many healthcare systems being strained by high demand due to coronavirus it's worth pointing out that the insulation from the market works both directions.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Given that we're in the middle of many healthcare systems being strained by high demand due to coronavirus it's worth pointing out that the insulation from the market works both directions.
    Efficient price discovery is just as important in times of scarcity as it is in times of plenty. Perhaps more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    This sure is shocking, I must have missed your stance on this on every other page of every other topic in this sub-forum since you joined
    Very good chance it was missed. It's a common leftist problem to ignore written word, formulate their own idea about what someone else said by "reading between the lines", and then basing their entire argument on the incorrect assumptions they made.

I'm all for anyone choosing to look for alternate energy sources. But I'm not for handicapping our current resource sector in the meantime. Maybe that's where the confusion lies? Since I'm against shutting down O&G, perhaps you read between the lines to incorrectly determine that I'm automatically against other energy sources.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Efficient price discovery is just as important in times of scarcity as it is in times of plenty. Perhaps more important.
    To some extent, this actually does happen in several branches of medicine, during localized contract negotiations, particularly in those where services are offered both in the community and hospital. Again, it's pretty complex as I tried to outline in an earlier post as there is no one particular "type" of doctor. Each doc has several different roles in varying proportions (clinical, teaching, research, admin etc) and there are various different funding arms associated with each (FFS, ARP, University etc) and I can image it would be a nightmare to continuously reconcile all these parameters. Furthermore, Canada and Alberta in particular, have a tightly regulated and credentialed physician pool, with high barriers to entry for foreign docs. As we know, public healthcare demand is insatiable, with only a limited and slowly increasing number of trained personnel to provide these services over time.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You just read that on a fortune cookie, didn't you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4