Quantcast
Drive to Survive Season 2 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drive to Survive Season 2

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Albon’s story is great. Had no idea about his mom. Ended up dirt poor. Hilarious rolling up in an Aston after the promotion haha.
    I find it interesting that last year when Gasly was at Torro Rosso Honda gave him a NSX to roll around in where as this year Albon got a Civic Type R haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Pretty sure I saw you with Giovinazzi in the Alfa area.
    Ya was trying to convince the Alfa guys to take me on as a driver for the next season but they said I'd have lose about a 150 lbs and 7-8 inches of height to be considered. Gonna get working on that now.

That’s partly the problem. The bigger problem is they don’t have the budget for a proper technical lead, and they try to design around Ferrari parts and copy Ferrari unsuccessfully so they don’t have a good understanding of the car. Rolling back to Melbourne spec shows how little they understand the car. Hilarious that K Mag and Grosjean fucked each other during their test haha. I’m surprised they’re both still driving for them.

Watching the Mercedes episode goes to show why they work so well, and just dominate the way they do. Great working environment, blame the problem and not the person, never be complacent and unlimited budget. It allows people to be creative and thrive. The opening battle cry from Toto just seals it for me. They just won 5 back to back double titles and they’re going into the season to crush the competition. You can hate them all you want for nobody else having a chance, but much respect from me. That’s a winning attitude.
    I thought for sure they would turf Grosjean at least. I feel like maybe their tech lead would do a better job learning and solving the issues with the car, if he had a better environment to work in. The team lead should have a pretty good understanding of the car himself, and be able to foster some healthy dialogue in brain storming sessions to try and come up with solutions as a team.

Much love for Mercedes team. I would be a 100% switch from Ferrari if they got rid of Hamilton. I dislike the way they put him on a pedestal, when it seems like virtually any driver on the grid would be winning in the Mercedes car.

Quote Originally Posted by R154 View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind if it morphed to be more vlog style and released sequentially a week following the race.
    I'm guessing part of deal is that they have to have a one year lag time for the simple fact that Netflix could be accidentally showing behind the scenes secrets for that year that could give an advantage to another team if they saw it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Much love for Mercedes team. I would be a 100% switch from Ferrari if they got rid of Hamilton. I dislike the way they put him on a pedestal, when it seems like virtually any driver on the grid would be winning in the Mercedes car.
    Vettel would find a way to lose. Like 2018. Ferrari was a better car for most of the season. Regardless of Hamilton being overrated or not, 2018 was a clear year where the cars were nearly equal and he still dominated both Ferrari drivers. Of course it's not all driver, Ferrari shit the bed themselves quite often too.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Vettel would find a way to lose. Like 2018. Ferrari was a better car for most of the season. Regardless of Hamilton being overrated or not, 2018 was a clear year where the cars were nearly equal and he still dominated both Ferrari drivers. Of course it's not all driver, Ferrari shit the bed themselves quite often too.
    Hands down Mercedes is the strategy master. There was a few Vettel mistakes that hurt Ferrari, but for the most part it was their terrible decisions as a team during the races. And Ferrari obviously knew that, being that they called in grown up Harry Potter as the new Principal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2