Quantcast
2020 F1 and Coronavirus - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 and Coronavirus

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

At this point I'd question if he just retires, anywhere he goes he isn't going to be winning any WDC let alone races very often barring the future aero changes are a huge game changer.

If he wasn't happy about becoming #2 to Leclerc then what better is it to go to the midfield where you will rarely touch the podium, outside of continuing on for love of the sport.

But who knows, covid, he's very private and family oritented. Would suck if he did retire but just sucks for him that he won't be part of the big 3.

My Ride
    XT6

Would Redbull take a look at Vettel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would Redbull take a look at Vettel?
    Sebastian Vettel 'enormously unlikely' to rejoin Red Bull, says Christian Horner
    "We've got a good dynamic within the team and experience shows that two alpha males doesn't tend to pan out well"

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...mWJPzk9UBLkVto

My Ride

yeah RB is all in on Max, can't see angering him by taking on Vettel worth the risk of him bailing, plus they have Albon who is just happy to be in RB and content with being a #2

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Yeah, so if Hamilton goes and doesnt "fail" where others have then that shows something that he has over any of those other guys. Dont get me wrong, hes a great driver. I just dont personally think hes quite at the Senna/Clark/Fangio level. Even (hurts to say cause I hate him) Schumi level. Success somewhere other than Mcl/Merc would probably prop him up there.
    What doesn't put him in the same category as Senna/Fangio/Clark/etc.? He has a bunch of stats over those guys already. Even the ones where he's beat, there's something to be said about longevity. Fangio has by far the best winning percentage off all time - no debate there. But a guy doing it for nearly 200 races more, has the 4th best percentage (Schumacher is 5th), counts for something. Hamilton also hasn't had the true luxury of having a proper #2 driver like Schumacher did either. He got some gifts from Bottas, but Niko didn't give him anything nor did Alonso, Button, etc. compared to what Schumacher had.

They were all respectively the best of their generation, but because he raced for McLaren and Mercedes that makes his stats invalid? I just don't get this logic. It's hard to compare over generations, but saying he isn't on the top tier with Fangio/Senna/Clark, all time is ridiculous.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Same source says he rejected McLaren, so Mercedes or Retirement: https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...-in-f1-rports/

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Same source says he rejected McLaren, so Mercedes or Retirement: https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...-in-f1-rports/
    Unless Hamilton retires or joins the AM program which I place like a 1% chance on same logic as Red bull - why would Mercedes want two Alphas?

I think Red-bull's best chance at winning a constructors would be Vettel and Max as a pairing. Even with a slightly worse car they would probably win.

Unless RB truly believes they have built a faster car this year I don't understand why they don't offer Albon's seat up. He did a good job last year but does not have the killer instinct.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    What doesn't put him in the same category as Senna/Fangio/Clark/etc.? He has a bunch of stats over those guys already. Even the ones where he's beat, there's something to be said about longevity. Fangio has by far the best winning percentage off all time - no debate there. But a guy doing it for nearly 200 races more, has the 4th best percentage (Schumacher is 5th), counts for something. Hamilton also hasn't had the true luxury of having a proper #2 driver like Schumacher did either. He got some gifts from Bottas, but Niko didn't give him anything nor did Alonso, Button, etc. compared to what Schumacher had.

They were all respectively the best of their generation, but because he raced for McLaren and Mercedes that makes his stats invalid? I just don't get this logic. It's hard to compare over generations, but saying he isn't on the top tier with Fangio/Senna/Clark, all time is ridiculous.
    Not saying his stats are invalid, I just think they should be taken with a grain of salt. Same with Schumacher during those mid2000's where Ferrari could do no wrong and was seconds ahead of everyone else.

Put half the field into that Mercedes and have the team focus on them and you will see similar results than Ham year over year. The fact that Rosberg could beat him with the same car kinda shows that fact. Hes been pretty lucky to have a steady seat with (arguably) one of the best ran and budgeted Motorsports teams in the history of F1. Look at HAM during the 2009-12 seasons. Mediocre car, mediocre results.
    Last edited by OTown; 05-13-2020 at 09:09 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Not saying his stats are invalid, I just think they should be taken with a grain of salt. Same with Schumacher during those mid2000's where Ferrari could do no wrong and was seconds ahead of everyone else.

Put half the field into that Mercedes and have the team focus on them and you will see similar results than Ham year over year. The fact that Rosberg could beat him with the same car kinda shows that fact. Hes been pretty lucky to have a steady seat with (arguably) one of the best ran and budgeted Motorsports teams in the history of F1. Look at HAM during the 2009-12 seasons. Mediocre car, mediocre results.
    Rosberg only beat Hamilton because of the non stop failures on his car. Hamilton easily outdrove Rosberg in every race. As for mediocre cars, 2009 was probably one of the worst years as a McLaren fan with arguably the worst car in the field to start the season. Mid season upgrades had the car squarely in the mid field and Hamilton still won twice with that POS. The fact that he’s won every year in a mediocre car says a lot.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Sainz to Ferrari

Ricciardo to McLaren

I agree with most of the reasons.

"I'm not crying, you're crying."

Name:  97210332_3051808304912111_8198453245002121216_o.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  78.1 KB
    Last edited by phreezee; 05-14-2020 at 07:37 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can’twait for 2021

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Can’twait for 2021
    You and the rest of civilization.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Vettel for Haas loljk

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

If you were Vettel, what would you guys do? Mercedes(very very unlikely IMO) or retirement? He doesn't strike me like a guy like Kimi who just wants to race. Vettel wants to be in a winning car.

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Vettel to Renault? Thoughts?

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Would love to see Vettel vs. Hammy in the same car... but that seems like an explosive combination. I think he will take some time off.

My Ride

2 Silverstone races this season, nice to see they are getting the ball rolling with sorting out how the season will play out.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Would love to see Vettel vs. Hammy in the same car... but that seems like an explosive combination. I think he will take some time off.
    The fans would love that, Toto and Hamilton would not.

Same with Max and Vettel.

I honestly love that Danny went to McLaren favourite driver on my favourite team and the banter with Lando will be amazing. As a ferrari hater I am sad to have to wish ill will to the pretty boy but happy to have Vettel back.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast