Quantcast
Coronavirus Workplace thread - Page 52 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1424

Thread: Coronavirus Workplace thread

My Ride
    Bicycle

Phase 1 started and I still only go in as needed. What's new is mask mandatory unless at own desk and must sign daily declaration form that I don't have any symptoms and not under isolation order (out of country or contact with positive tested individuals).

17 Ave SW area, no traffic and very little people, just like since lock down.

If infection stays at the same level of last few weeks until Sep, expect 80% back after labor day.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-07-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please report on building entry and exit process and delays.
    Short line to get into elevators.
    Probably 80% of people back on my floor. All adhere to mask outside of office.
    Realized that despite my short commute, I still saved a good 20+ minutes wfh. Including getting dressed and packing up a lunch, etc.

Cancel that. It's closer to 90% occupancy.

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Probably too early to ask as the bylaw for August was just announced yesterday, but anyone expect or foresee changes for their own company's office return?
    Wearing a mask when going to common areas is one thing, but wearing one while sedimentary for 8+ hours will not be very comfortable at all.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Probably too early to ask as the bylaw for August was just announced yesterday, but anyone expect or foresee changes for their own company's office return?
    Wearing a mask when going to common areas is one thing, but wearing one while sedimentary for 8+ hours will not be very comfortable at all.
    Was chatting about that with our vp taking point in this this AM. Extent of it is probably mandatory masks in building lobby’s and elevators but once inside the locked doors of building it’s our choice.

I was pretty blunt that I would personally push back on going to go downtown to sit in my office and wear a mask all day. I might as well go back to WFH if we aren’t able to be there and collaborate freely and comfortably etc.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Waiting for the company mandate but in some companies that I know of, wearing a mask is mandatory:

- If you're in common areas (lobby, meeting room)
    - If you're moving from your workstation to somewhere

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Was chatting about that with our vp taking point in this this AM. Extent of it is probably mandatory masks in building lobby’s and elevators but once inside the locked doors of building it’s our choice.
    I wonder if that is going to fly though. If it's a bylaw and masks are mandatory, locked doors or not I'm unsure someone can just make their own rules as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Waiting for the company mandate but in some companies that I know of, wearing a mask is mandatory:

- If you're in common areas (lobby, meeting room)
    - If you're moving from your workstation to somewhere
    That makes sense, and I agree with it. It means you might be wearing a mask for 5-10 minutes at most.

But if the new bylaw makes you wear a mask at your own desk all day, that is a big difference. Plus if someone is on the phone a lot during the day, that makes things more inefficient. Might as well WFH.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

That makes sense, and I agree with it. It means you might be wearing a mask for 5-10 minutes at most.

But if the new bylaw makes you wear a mask at your own desk all day, that is a big difference. Plus if someone is on the phone a lot during the day, that makes things more inefficient. Might as well WFH.
    I don’t think many offices would qualify as a “public space”... unless it’s actually a retail facing “office” where people can walk in off the street

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I wonder if that is going to fly though. If it's a bylaw and masks are mandatory, locked doors or not I'm unsure someone can just make their own rules as they see fit.
    It’s not a public space. No different than not being required to wear a mask in your home.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I don’t think many offices would qualify as a “public space”... unless it’s actually a retail facing “office” where people can walk in off the street
    You might be right.

I just read this article published an hour ago and it provides a bit more clarification:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...know-1.5658842

It talks about private work spaces, and I think companies are in the clear for that. Looks like a non-issue for masks at desks. Phew.

I can't imagine any company would ask their staff to wear masks at their own desks while they work. Mandatory masks in conference rooms, elevators and walking around to washroom/kitchen area is fair game though and not entirely unreasonable IMO

ad-hoc collaboration (i.e. walking over to someone's desk to talk) is a tricky one though as people have different comfort levels. Maybe something like a green or red post-it on your cubicle where green means feel free to stop by to chat with no mask and red means mask required if you come over to talk to me?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I can't imagine any company would ask their staff to wear masks at their own desks while they work. Mandatory masks in conference rooms, elevators and walking around to washroom/kitchen area is fair game though and not entirely unreasonable IMO

ad-hoc collaboration (i.e. walking over to someone's desk to talk) is a tricky one though as people have different comfort levels. Maybe something like a green or red post-it on your cubicle where green means feel free to stop by to chat with no mask and red means mask required if you come over to talk to me?
    Or... book a meeting and stay the fuck out of my bubble.... so many close talkers at the office, was uncomfortable before covid

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Our company will be starting to have corporate offices open at 25%. It will be in safe zones first and it will be voluntary. Im thinking late autumn (fall!) we would see changes to going back. But we are not sure how it would work with limited elevator space.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Our policy is mask everywhere except your own desk. Based on current guidelines that's how it is until COVID19 is no longer a threat.

Meeting room occupancies has reduced by up to 60% to respect social distancing. More teleconferencing gears are being brought in but defacto meetings are still on Teams.

My Ride

Here's a quick question for Beyond:

How many of you working in offices have been "forced back, so if you're sick it looks bad and nobody will believe you" and there is "zero rule enforcement and nobody is wearing masks or following any of the rules"? Do you guys also have "old fashioned guys in management at various companies who think it's a hoax, are anti-vaxxers, etc. and using that logic to determine company policy"? Are you guys "being asked to choose between their health and their jobs" and "rules are posted everywhere but it's just for optics and liability"?

Thanks, asking for a friend.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Lots of places never even started or offered WFH and pretty much forced everyone to 'make their own choice' *wink wink* and have really changed nothing or added any policies during Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Our policy is mask everywhere except your own desk. Based on current guidelines that's how it is until COVID19 is no longer a threat.

Meeting room occupancies has reduced by up to 60% to respect social distancing. More teleconferencing gears are being brought in but defacto meetings are still on Teams.
    That's pretty much our office policy as well... You wear a mask anytime you're not sitting at your desk. Meetings rooms are for all intents and purposes closed. All meetings are done through teams using webcams at your desk/home.

Has anyone who was a regular at the office employee talked to their employer about filling out a T2200?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Here's a quick question for Beyond:

How many of you working in offices have been "forced back, so if you're sick it looks bad and nobody will believe you" and there is "zero rule enforcement and nobody is wearing masks or following any of the rules"? Do you guys also have "old fashioned guys in management at various companies who think it's a hoax, are anti-vaxxers, etc. and using that logic to determine company policy"? Are you guys "being asked to choose between their health and their jobs" and "rules are posted everywhere but it's just for optics and liability"?

Thanks, asking for a friend.
    As far as I can tell, our voluntary phase 1 has very low adoption rate, probably because it's summer. Phase 2 starts in Aug and more people are told to come in if their area's retrofit is deemed ready. And I have not heard any resistance yet.

We have hand sanitizers, cleaners, wipes, paper towel everywhere. And disposable mask is available as well since we mandate it.

Again, given our daily questionnaire is designed to make sure staff follows CMOH 05-2020, I think that's the get out of jail free card if an employee did not answer that honestly and become a spreader.

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast