Quantcast
Coronavirus Workplace thread - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Workplace thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's weird how many people I know who have not stopped going to work in thier downtown office jobs this entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's weird how many people I know who have not stopped going to work in thier downtown office jobs this entire time.
    It’s been fantastic. Will be sad when downtown gets busy again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Actually I prefer the office when its only 10% occupied. But I have only been back may be 10 or so days since March. The drive is awesome. 0 distractions at work.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-14-2020 at 10:24 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I just go with the flow, couldn’t care one way or another. WFH has its benefits and drawbacks, same as the office.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Which companies?" Someone asked?
    I'm told that Baker Hughes is telling their people "count on this WFH for about the next 18 months".

Far more retarded companies run by Australian morons (Worley - I'm looking your way) have been told "keep working from home" without fuck all for guidelines on why/when/how things are supposed to be happening.
    That's a shit pile of people with virtually zero guidance or timelines on anything when you consider that's Jacobs + WorleyParsons.
    That's what you get when the foundation of your HaichEssEee policy is "Well... I'd feel better if..." as opposed to "I understand risk and will carefully work to mitigate it within accepted boundaries".

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Which companies?" Someone asked?
    I'm told that Baker Hughes is telling their people "count on this WFH for about the next 18 months".

Far more retarded companies run by Australian morons (Worley - I'm looking your way) have been told "keep working from home" without fuck all for guidelines on why/when/how things are supposed to be happening.
    That's a shit pile of people with virtually zero guidance or timelines on anything when you consider that's Jacobs + WorleyParsons.
    That's what you get when the foundation of your HaichEssEee policy is "Well... I'd feel better if..." as opposed to "I understand risk and will carefully work to mitigate it within accepted boundaries".
    Bigger companies are ran by lawyers, worse for internationals. If WFH = less legal liability with acceptable lost in productivity, they probably will go that route.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-14-2020 at 11:09 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I hope these "stage 1" returns are mostly voluntary for people. Because it really does sound like with restrictions, it is just WFH but commuting to your office. So how is that productive for the company? Keeping it voluntary until stage 2/3 makes way more sense, so I feel for those who are forced back into work to be LESS productive.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I like WFH. Less butt explosions to clean up.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I think your mom has a message about usage of her toilets.
    Name:  JQtto6A.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  42.3 KB

RBC Insurance said December at the earliest?!

My company, it'll be mandatory back downtown in a week from how I'm reading the progression of the email updates.

Only a matter of time for Covid to run through an entire company to see the loss of production from an early and fast ramp up to 100% capacity.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I hope these "stage 1" returns are mostly voluntary for people. Because it really does sound like with restrictions, it is just WFH but commuting to your office. So how is that productive for the company? Keeping it voluntary until stage 2/3 makes way more sense, so I feel for those who are forced back into work to be LESS productive.
    Thats what our company is doing. Stage 1 is happening June 22nd, completely voluntary, 1-2 days a week max, only for people that want to go in due to having hard WFH setup (i.e. kids). Stage 2 is more people back but still limited (Can't remember if still voluntary but people can go back for the whole week now), Stage 3 is everyone back at the office with exemptions for people that need it (immune-compromised or high risk).

My Ride
    IS350

I am using a mini display port to HDMI adaptor to run an external monitor from my Surface Pro 3. If I want to run two external monitors the only adaptors that have mini display to two HDMI connectors seem crazy expensive. Any thoughts? Work from home would be a bit easier if I can run both external monitors.

My Ride
    Axis powers

The surface has a dock that allows for multiple display output capacity
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Ironically I've had to clean up way more butt explosions working from home.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My wife's work is planning for the week after labour day, to coincide with school starting. Assuming we don't get the 2nd wave before then.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    My wife's work is planning for the week after labour day, to coincide with school starting. Assuming we don't get the 2nd wave before then.
    Apparently that's when our Stage 3 will be. Unless infection number blows up again.

But US border isn't open til July 21st and US numbers are blowing up and TFW infection is blowing up in Ontario. So it's pretty much anyone's guess at this point.

Last edited by NoSup4U; 06-16-2020 at 08:13 PM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

City contractor here. Part of our group is back in the office, the remainder coming back next week. Its a weird feeling for sure. I liked WFH.

What are your guys' thoughts on companies forcing you to use vacation because they don't want to pay it out? I thought that was illegal, but maybe it depends on your employment contract.

My company and probably a lot of others are trying to get people to use their vacation as most people are sitting on 4-5 weeks of unused vacation due to the virus, cancelled trips, etc. The last thing anyone wants to do is take vacation to continue sitting at home as they have been for the last 3 months. Is there any way around that? I'm hoping things open up enough by the fall that I won't have any problem using up all my vacation but who knows how all this will play out.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    What are your guys' thoughts on companies forcing you to use vacation because they don't want to pay it out? I thought that was illegal, but maybe it depends on your employment contract.

My company and probably a lot of others are trying to get people to use their vacation as most people are sitting on 4-5 weeks of unused vacation due to the virus, cancelled trips, etc. The last thing anyone wants to do is take vacation to continue sitting at home as they have been for the last 3 months. Is there any way around that? I'm hoping things open up enough by the fall that I won't have any problem using up all my vacation but who knows how all this will play out.

Nope thats in the employment standards. If you and your employer can't agree on holidays then they can designate time for you to take off. It needs to be sufficient notice ahead and such. Most places don't do it, cuz its a dick move ... but it is technically allowed.

https://www.alberta.ca/vacation-pay.aspx#toc-2

Disagreements about vacation dates
    Employers are allowed to deny requests for vacation at specific times due to operational reasons. If the employer and employee can’t agree on the employee’s vacation time, the employer can decide when it will be taken. However, the employer must give the employee at least 2 weeks’ notice in writing of the vacation start date.

Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast