Quantcast
Coronavirus Workplace thread - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1424

Thread: Coronavirus Workplace thread

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

We had a positive case in the office last week so it's totally locked down right now. My guess is no one's back before the new year at the earliest. Luckily there's only been a handful of people there since March.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Just got an email saying in the last 2 weeks another positive case in our building.

Also just got word they want to bring in 2 more people into our office as we have a limit of 20.

Basically told my manager because of the state of Covid in our province and City that I am putting myself on a strict 1 day a week in the office policy and will adhere to that and asking for them to back me up.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Wonder if your manager is ok paying you for 1 day a week as well lol

Be careful what you wish for
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Maybe he's irreplaceable?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Wonder if your manager is ok paying you for 1 day a week as well lol

Be careful what you wish for
    I work from home 4 days a week and go into the office 1 day a week.

They are asking me to be in the office more than 1 day a week.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You clearly don’t get it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Maybe he's irreplaceable?
    You get it

Always good to put forward ultimatums when the other guy holds all the cards

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

You clearly don’t get it

- - - Updated - - -

You get it

I don't think any manager will view a request to limit in office presence as hostile right now. Unless your job specifically needs physical presence.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Maybe he forgot to tell us he was purposely looking for a package?

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I don't think any manager will view a request to limit in office presence as hostile right now. Unless your job specifically needs physical presence.
    The won't view it as hostile, but still too many old boys in the club that make you uncomfortable to even request it. The stigma of not being present, even though you don't need to be there to be productive, is real.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What part of that sounded like a request

MASSIVE difference in having a conversation about this things and your concerns, and laying down the law with a strict “I don’t come in the office more than 1 day a week” ultimatum.

Tact, is a valuable skill.

fact.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

What part of that sounded like a request

MASSIVE difference in having a conversation about this things and your concerns, and laying down the law with a strict “I don’t come in the office more than 1 day a week” ultimatum.

Tact, is a valuable skill.
    We are on a voluntary basis of being in the office but as someone mentioned there is a stigma that says I will be there when asked and whenever asked.

I want to make sure they realize that isn't the case and its voluntary and that I choose to be there when I want too or I'll just work from home.

I realize I didn't state ALL the facts lol, but I also didn't figure it would escalate

My Ride
    is faster than yours

We just got word office staff are to scale back to one week in the office, one week working for home for the next 4 weeks. I guess we'll see how long that actually lasts.

My Ride

Can you guys explain to me the 1 day at work a week, or 1 week on/1 week off concept?

For some people, I can see it, but what kind of work do you do that needs you to do that or is it just all some corporate bullshit reasoning?

In my eyes, you either need to be in the office because you want to for whatever reason, or you don't need to be in the office to do your work. Why the need to do a little of both unless your office cannot accommodate full staff?

My Ride
    Bicycle

With the new measures one of the recommendations that offices reduce the number of people there again. Any of you folks that returned to office hearing anything about shifting back to WFH? Our lead basically said we're distanced enough so they don't plan to at this time.
    Suncor went WFH again.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Can you guys explain to me the 1 day at work a week, or 1 week on/1 week off concept?

For some people, I can see it, but what kind of work do you do that needs you to do that or is it just all some corporate bullshit reasoning?

In my eyes, you either need to be in the office because you want to for whatever reason, or you don't need to be in the office to do your work. Why the need to do a little of both unless your office cannot accommodate full staff?
    Our team was doing 2 office / 3 home for a while but now its back to home but you can go in the office if you want. For us it gave us 1 or 2 days a week where our whole team was in the office so it's easier to ask questions and bounce ideas around. We staggered teams so our team is the only one on the floor on our days; then other days of the week a different team is there.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It seems bizarre to me.

I have heard some justification of reducing clustering in the office, or if there is an infection is only affects x% of staff.

IMO I don’t see the point of sometimes being in the office unless there is some critical piece of equipment physically at the office that needs dealing with (physical file maintenance, AP/AR physical invoices, mail outs etc.). I know some people who just like working in their office away from home life, to me that’s a bad reason and stems from people unable to be disciplined.

For me the only thing I need to be in the office for is collaboration with my team, if I am supposed to limit contact with those people then there is 0 need to be in the office. I could be in Bermuda for all it matters.

fact.

My Ride

For me the only thing I need to be in the office for is collaboration with my team, if I am supposed to limit contact with those people then there is 0 need to be in the office. I could be in Bermuda for all it matters.
    Yup, I'm just trying to see what other's felt. To me, a few sour apples who take advantage of WFH is ruining it for everyone so management wants you be physically there to seemingly be more productive.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

For myself I usually go in on Wednesdays but mostly because it makes it convenient to take my dog to daycare for the day.

But other than that the staff who are in the office know I'll be there and if something comes up I'm there to lend a hand. Is it really necessary? No and most of it can be done from home easily enough without hassle.

But its also another way for me to break the at home monotony of working.

And the only people who are needing to be in the office are traders because their equipment can't be used at home nor be supported in that environment.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

We’re on the 1 week at home and 1 week in the office because they split the company into two groups which rotate in/out so it keeps capacity at half at any given time so it’s less crowded on elevators, washrooms, etc. They want us to come in to promote “collaboration”. I don’t necessarily get it but it’s not my call haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I work with 2 people (out of many) who cannot figure out any form of communication except face-to-face talks.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I work with 2 people (out of many) who cannot figure out any form of communication except face-to-face talks.
    I find people are so awful at any form of communication besides face-to-face talks that they shouldn't be allowed to use things like email. Only reading the first line, asking for information that has already been given, reply-alls, sending multiple emails for one reply. The list goes on. It's like posting on Beyond.

You also do not build up any form of rapport with people you only email. I know Beyond is full of engineers, but the in person connections are invaluable, arguably more so for yourself versus the company. It's also really, really hard to hold anyone accountable to anything via email.

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 ... LastLast