Quantcast
Coronavirus Workplace thread - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Workplace thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok. Just wondering. I guess misery loves company. But I'm more exhausted after work, which another coworker mentioned too.
    Bro, I think whatever your workplace situation was before coronavirus, it's like that but amplified now. If you had relentless micromanagement before, well, you have your current situation . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Bro, I think whatever your workplace situation was before coronavirus, it's like that but amplified now. If you had relentless micromanagement before, well, you have your current situation . . . .
    Agreed. Working from home really has shown me how slow and quiet my job is and being at home let's me wander away from my work and get sidetracked lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Good way to look at it.

My Ride
    Silverado

Im going in to the office dt tomorrow to grab a few things. Ive been on self quarantine since the 12th. Am I out to lunch?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Most likely to announce a 20% wage cut tomorrow, company doesn't qualify for the government wage subsidy, wife isn't working... going to be scary
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Im going in to the office dt tomorrow to grab a few things. Ive been on self quarantine since the 12th. Am I out to lunch?
    No. I was going to the office until the start of this week. It's not bad. Drive down there and you'll pass maybe 5 people. Wash hands once you get in and you're good.
    Then clean hands after you get back to vehicle.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Anyone else finding they're less efficient with WFH but the same expectations and workload as office life make you work substantially longer and way less breaks than normally? I'm putting up 10.5hrs with maybe 30 min break with lunch on most days and mgrs calling and messaging constantly asking when stuff will be done.

Then I hear others relaxing, walks at lunch, exercising before work, etc. On here.
    If I did this, management would be questioning why I'm idle for so long and not replying to messages.
    All depends on how you can do your job. One of the guys on my team regularly joins teams calls while he’s walking his dog. Just cause someone is out walking, doesn’t mean they aren’t working.

I bought a 11x17 printer, so I'm good to go. Wife veto'd an arch D printer.

I do really miss having all sorts of space in the conference room to layout drawings. My living room sometimes looks like a newspaper factory.

I really don't like how much stuff has accumulated in my home office. I have paper everywhere and binders/books just stuff everywhere. Throwing off my chi a little.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I've been working downtown the last 3 weeks..

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

personally, I love WFH. I do 12.5 hour shifts. If I take transit to the office, that day becomes about 15.5 hours. which gives me zero family time, as as soon as I get home, I basically goto bed, wake up, and get on the bus again.

I do everything I possibly can to avoid going into my office, but I have set up a pretty good WFH station in a dedicated office in the basement. Wife and kids know that my door is closed, and that technically, I am not home. If they need me, they can knock on the door, but if I don't answer, they can't come in. The dog stays with me in the office, and it makes me get up every few hours to let him out.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  75.8 KB
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Tacoma and a motorized toboggan

I'll start by saying sorry as I didn't read the whole thread so this might be answered already. Has anyone run in to the situation where part of their company is being allowed to work from home but you are being forced to go to the office to work when you can easily do the same work at home? I'm an outside sales rep and we aren't seeing any customers face to face so everything is over email and phone the one department I regularly deal with is working from home so I just go to the office to sit at my desk and avoid contact with other staff. Normally I wouldn't complain but the owner/my manager isn't taking self isolation seriously outside of work and I came back from quarantining for 14 days after a trip and she was coughing everywhere and not respecting our social distance. We had one sales rep who they set up to work from home due to her compromised immune system but they forced the rest of us to come in.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by 13TTFX4 View Post
    I'll start by saying sorry as I didn't read the whole thread so this might be answered already. Has anyone run in to the situation where part of their company is being allowed to work from home but you are being forced to go to the office to work when you can easily do the same work at home? I'm an outside sales rep and we aren't seeing any customers face to face so everything is over email and phone the one department I regularly deal with is working from home so I just go to the office to sit at my desk and avoid contact with other staff. Normally I wouldn't complain but the owner/my manager isn't taking self isolation seriously outside of work and I came back from quarantining for 14 days after a trip and she was coughing everywhere and not respecting our social distance. We had one sales rep who they set up to work from home due to her compromised immune system but they forced the rest of us to come in.
    Secretly submit a violation through Alberta's website? It's a public health violation.
    https://ephisahs.microsoftcrmportals.com/create-case/

Source: https://www.alberta.ca/restrictions-....aspx#p25583s5

On a sidenote, don't end up being this guy because of some cunt:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6774539/b...navirus-cough/
    Last edited by Disoblige; 04-03-2020 at 01:36 PM.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    personally, I love WFH. I do 12.5 hour shifts. If I take transit to the office, that day becomes about 15.5 hours. which gives me zero family time, as as soon as I get home, I basically goto bed, wake up, and get on the bus again.

I do everything I possibly can to avoid going into my office, but I have set up a pretty good WFH station in a dedicated office in the basement. Wife and kids know that my door is closed, and that technically, I am not home. If they need me, they can knock on the door, but if I don't answer, they can't come in. The dog stays with me in the office, and it makes me get up every few hours to let him out.

I think you can squeeze in another monitor on the right, under the one.....

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Thats what I need. Im short ONE monitor to make my space most efficient. I can't watch the ticket board AND youtube AND browse.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post

are all of those connected to that one laptop? surprised it can support 7 screens.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    I think you can squeeze in another monitor on the right, under the one.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    are all of those connected to that one laptop? surprised it can support 7 screens.
    Yes, all connected to the one laptop. I have it on a dedicated dock, and a USB 3.0 hub. Each monitor has it's own external graphics card. I also have another monitor to hook up to this from my office, I just have to go get it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Spikeman does not fuck around. He's been saving the world from home for a long time. The rest of us are just tourists.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

I was thinking how you're not cooking @spikerS then I see the fan!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    I was thinking how you're not cooking @spikerS then I see the fan!
    It's an exhaust fan drawing the air from inside and pushing it out. I also have another 48" TV, 2 more laptops, and my XBOX one in here too, and they are always on as well. That window never closes, even at -30, it just varies how much it is open by.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Exploded.

It's not as hardcore as Spikers' behemoth setup but I cobbled together a laptop riser because nothing is open, hid some wires around, and set up a charging caddy for my Surface on the side.

Name:  85C56E47-85D9-4486-939B-BFDE2D01D585.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  80.3 KB
    Name:  F69B3620-B527-420F-A671-029302E29764.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  42.8 KB
    Name:  55934E62-4699-4EC4-B1BC-50A3124B055F.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  46.7 KB

Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast