Quantcast
Gym equipment - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym equipment

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also curious; anyone know anywhere with free weights in stock? Would love some 5, 10, 15, 20lb set right now but guessing everywhere is cleared out.
    Cleared out everywhere. Superstore had some lightweight stuff out, at realistic pricing, which fits your description.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    Cleared out everywhere. Superstore had some lightweight stuff out, at realistic pricing, which fits your description.
    You can prob find some marked up on Kijiji - used to be something like $1 a pound but im sure its 2x that now.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    You can prob find some marked up on Kijiji - used to be something like $1 a pound but im sure its 2x that now.
    Marked up more than that in some cases.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

All setup, just need to buy some plate weight and a big mirror for the wall.

Name:  9FA60659-30D6-4B3C-B89E-E0544228FB4C.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  59.0 KB

My Ride

Plates are still incredibly hard to find, used market is nearly as much or more than new right now.

What do you think of the powerblocks? I never thought I could get over the handle design. Was hoping to track down some Ironmasters eventually.

Last edited by mr2mike; 04-01-2020 at 05:10 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Plates are still incredibly hard to find, used market is nearly as much or more than new right now.

What do you think of the powerblocks? I never thought I could get over the handle design. Was hoping to track down some Ironmasters eventually.
    The power blocks are ok, had them for years. I use to have a full Olympic weight set, 350lbs worth along with dumbbells, but sold it thinking I would never use them. Then the Pandemic happened lol
    Last edited by 89coupe; 05-11-2020 at 09:58 PM.

My Ride

I am just waiting for one more order to arrive with my air bike, another pull up bar and rings and a few other accessory bits. Still need some adjustable dumbbells and a few kettlebells.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    The power blocks are ok, had them for years. I use to have a full military weight set, 350lbs worth along with dumbbells, but sold it thinking I would never use them. Then the Pandemic happened lol
    I just sold 300lbs of weights in January for $50 because I was sick of them taking up space in the basement and wanted them gone, fast. Guess I should have waited, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I know there are a lot of fitness threads on here but with being cooped up in the house more I was wondering what the world of beyond thinks of the Peloton Bikes?

They seem really expensive for that they are to me and I never like monthly fees but those I know who have them seem to like them a lot.
    Girlfriend got one before Christmas but I only really started using it a few weeks ago once the gym closed. I just replaced getting up early to go to the gym with getting up early to get on the bike. I haven't been on a bike in years, and before this, never been to a spin class. I was looking for a way to add cardio to my day and I'm really enjoying the bike. Lots of different classes to choose from and you can filter by music type, ability, length, etc. You can jump on at a specific time to join in to a live class or just start when you want and choose any one you want.

What I also like is that it's not just bike classes. With the Peloton you have the big screen on the bike, there's also an app you can download that has a whole lot more on it. You can do running and walking classes, both inside and outside, bootcamp classes, strength, yoga, stretching and a few more; all kinds of different programs for all kinds of different goals and abilities. The only classes I've tried so far are the spin, a core work out, and a dance cardio one I did with my daughter. All that did was show me that I'm much, much less coordinated than I thought I was.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I can’t seem to find plate weight anywhere, everyone is out of stock.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I like the feel of Ironmasters but the Powerblocks are so much more convenient for changing weights. Powerblocks also appeared to be more secure.
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride

I can’t seem to find plate weight anywhere, everyone is out of stock.
    Rogue Canada has some limited stock if you wanted to order, but you will be waiting a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I like the feel of Ironmasters but the Powerblocks are so much more convenient for changing weights. Powerblocks also appeared to be more secure.
    I mean, it's not like I change weights all the time. I mean, some incline press if I am trying to jump RPE, it's not hard to add one plate to the ironmaster or take it away. They also feel more like a standard dumbell, and it looks like I could drop them after a set and not worry about hurting them. I think the powerblock would be great if you have multiple people working out at once?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    Girlfriend got one before Christmas but I only really started using it a few weeks ago once the gym closed. I just replaced getting up early to go to the gym with getting up early to get on the bike. I haven't been on a bike in years, and before this, never been to a spin class. I was looking for a way to add cardio to my day and I'm really enjoying the bike. Lots of different classes to choose from and you can filter by music type, ability, length, etc. You can jump on at a specific time to join in to a live class or just start when you want and choose any one you want.

What I also like is that it's not just bike classes. With the Peloton you have the big screen on the bike, there's also an app you can download that has a whole lot more on it. You can do running and walking classes, both inside and outside, bootcamp classes, strength, yoga, stretching and a few more; all kinds of different programs for all kinds of different goals and abilities. The only classes I've tried so far are the spin, a core work out, and a dance cardio one I did with my daughter. All that did was show me that I'm much, much less coordinated than I thought I was.
    I bit the bullet and ordered one, I can return it if i don’t like it so no harm in trying.

Looking forward to it showing up, I feel like it likely has the right level of convenience and competitiveness for me to actually get into it. Or it won’t. I guess we will see.

Wife’s been angling for one for a while anyway.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-02-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This guy has some amazing exercises. I do his "10 min home workout" and it takes me 25 minutes

https://youtu.be/vc1E5CfRfos

All setup, just need to buy some plate weight and a big mirror for the wall.

Name:  9FA60659-30D6-4B3C-B89E-E0544228FB4C.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  59.0 KB
    Out of curiosity, what are you using the bar collars for?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are you using the bar collars for?
    Nothing at the moment, I literally put it together yesterday haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I've had my powerblocks for 8 years or so and theyve been great. My only concern is that they are only held in by those two pins and every now and then i wonder if they will ever fall out in the middle of a lift if gravity or something pulled them out but other than that they've been great. If i was being nitpicky the one thing i would say is that being able to get increments of 5 without having to pull the handles and remove the built in weights would be great.

My Ride
    POS

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    I've had my powerblocks for 8 years or so and theyve been great. My only concern is that they are only held in by those two pins and every now and then i wonder if they will ever fall out in the middle of a lift if gravity or something pulled them out but other than that they've been great. If i was being nitpicky the one thing i would say is that being able to get increments of 5 without having to pull the handles and remove the built in weights would be great.
    Doesn't your pin handle have magnets? Mine have them but once you lift them up they get locked in place. My other sportblocks have the 4 plastic pins that seem pretty secure so I've never had any concerns with either falling out. Maybe yours is a different model can you rotate them around so the pins face up when doing your exercises.

My Ride
    This and that.

Lightbulb

I put this in yesterday. Bowflex M6. For the wife mostly but I am the who needs it lol. I am now looking at a squat rack of some kind, a bench, some plated weights and a dumbell set that I'll likely be ordering shortly. That's pretty much all I need in a home gym.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast