Quantcast
Hair Transplants: My recent experience - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hair Transplants: My recent experience

Default Hair Transplants: My recent experience

I'm sure some of you have experienced some sort of hair loss as you get older. Mine slowly started when I was in university but it was very slow. It was until my mid 30's where it started to get noticeable and then when the pandemic hit it just accelerated. I believe going on anxiety/depression medication increased that hair loss. I plan to get off the prescription medication and stick to micro dosing mushrooms soon.

When I started to look at how much a hair transplant is in Canada (18k for 2000 grafts) i didn't care about hair that much to pay that price tag. It wasnt until I started chatting again with someone i know and they told me they got their transplant in Istanbul, Turkey for a fraction of the price. His head of hair looked so good that I told myself that for the price, its worth it. I paid 2350 GBP plus the cost of flight.

It all felt pretty surreal. You send pics over whatsapp to a clinic rep and you just book a time to come in and then the process starts. The clinic had my flight info and had a driver pick me up from the airport to take me to a fairly nice hotel. I couldn't sleep due to the time difference and I was pretty nervous having to travel alone and do a surgery like this, just didn't know what to expect. The next day they picked me up from hotel and took me to the clinic where the doctor started to analyze my hair and making suggestions on what to do. They drew the hairline i wanted on an then shaved my head.

I heard the numbing of the head was painful but they ended up putting me under with no extra charge, so i didn't feel a thing. They woke me up in the middle of the procedure to feed me lunch and then put me out to finish it. The whole process took about 7 hours and they did 4000 grafts. They drove back to the hotel where my head was bandaged up. I took the time to just relax and recover. Alot of people in the hotel where walking around with their heads done so it felt pretty normal there. I was picked up the next day to go for my first wash and have a look at how it was healing. Everything went well so they drove me back to the hotel. I stayed a few days to explore the city and on the day I was leaving they picked me up and drove me to airport.

Overall, it was a very easy process and I would recommend anyone who is considering transplant to look at this route. Their tech and low price def makes it attractive. If you have any questions about it , shoot me a PM and i'll be happy to answer.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Is this the version where they cut a strip of skin out from the back of your head?

Any pics?

I don't think any place now does the strip method. The procedure i got was them taking individual grafts from the donor area (usually the back and sides of your head) and implanting them using on the crow and frontal lines etc. No pics yet, its only been 3 weeks but I have been documenting results that i will share within the next few months.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

How many weeks did it take for the gross scabbing to go away? Are you allowed to wear a hat while it's healing?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

I have alopecia areata. Baldness came quick. The biggest issue I have is no facial hair.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

How do you travel internationally sans vax?

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    How many weeks did it take for the gross scabbing to go away? Are you allowed to wear a hat while it's healing?
    Scabbing started after a few days and the clinic instructed to slowly start rubbing the scabs off the top of your head after day 10. You're allowed to wear a hat after 10 days but for me I wanted the top to get as much air as possible so i didn't wear a hat.

Please start a thread sharing your experience micro dosing mushrooms vs the prescription drugs for depression. I know alot of people who are interested in trying this but don't know what to do.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I suffer from the Asian bald spot, but Covid happened so I shaved my head totally and now I keep the covid cut. Hair not needed.

But cool story, thanks for sharing your experience. I'll just stay bald, its cheaper.

Sidenote: I was watching a Tik Tok of a dude on a flight to Turkey, and all the seats were filled up with bald dudes. Now I get it
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Please start a thread sharing your experience micro dosing mushrooms vs the prescription drugs for depression. I know alot of people who are interested in trying this but don't know what to do.
    Sounds good, I'll post something up by this week on micro dosing. It took a lot of experimenting tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I suffer from the Asian bald spot, but Covid happened so I shaved my head totally and now I keep the covid cut. Hair not needed.

But cool story, thanks for sharing your experience. I'll just stay bald, its cheaper.

Sidenote: I was watching a Tik Tok of a dude on a flight to Turkey, and all the seats were filled up with bald dudes. Now I get it
    That is actually true in a way, there was about 10 or so people on my flight back with their heads wrapped up.