Quantcast
Finally sold my Z, eli5 about Mustangs... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally sold my Z, eli5 about Mustangs...

My Ride
    370Z duhh

No love for Camaros here?... I've read they out perform the 370Z in many ways...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Ugly and doesn't age well. That's why. And for Mustang, dime a dozen. I would take 370z anyday. But I understand why you want something different. Seriously, test drive a 2018+ GT vs. older Coyote. There is a noticeable difference when you open it up.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

The other option is to buy a newer 370Z lol... that, or an N55 135i, but I'd kick myself for never trying out a Mustang.

I hate the older Camaros but love the new face lifted ones.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I bought a 2019 SS in January so I'm bias but I'd go check out some used stock at dealerships to get a grasp on the interior/exterior, if you're not partial to the look of either car then that gives you an alternative at least. I don't overly like the look of Mustang's, and in Jan I had a turbo 4 cyl rental mustang for 2 weeks and hated it every day, piece of shit.

The V6 Camaro's are great bang for your buck, however if you're looking at used then in the 2016-2018 models with the automatic 8 speed auto trannys are known to have shudder issues. Supposedly the issue is resolved by getting the fluid flushed and a newer appropriate fluid used but I've read several flushes may be needed or even the torque converter replaced as well. If you Google it you'll see endless stories on forums about it, folks on the Camaro forums are reporting getting the fluid swapped out has remedied the issue but something to be leery about.

My Ride
    *The First*

Aren't you going to end up buying CanAm Trike by the time this thread is half over? (Depending on what it can tow).
    Am I hash tagging your "eLi5" woke enough for you, brah?

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The other option is to buy a newer 370Z lol... that, or an N55 135i, but I'd kick myself for never trying out a Mustang.

I hate the older Camaros but love the new face lifted ones.
    I had a dinan stage 2 X1 35i M-Sport and it was insanely fun, one of the vehicles I miss the most. I know you just got rid of your X1, but look into the X1 35 M-Sport, seriously.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I just couldn't get over the X1 looks lol... but ya, 135i's are nice. I'd consider an X1 35i but I'd have to do a lot of mods to make it how I want, aesthetically.

No towing with this car, it's going to be my daily lol

Also, no autos, period.

My Ride
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    that was my first thought!

do an 03/04 cobra.

I've been daily driving my 2004 cobra 'vert for almost 15 years and it's been rock solid. Ported/pullied/intake/exhaust/tune. About 275k kms on it and aside from tires/oil/brakes all I've had to do for maintenance is throw-out bearing x3 (they eat TOBs), rear hub (forgot to tighten axle nut, oops), front driver spindle and rear pinion seal. So about $1,000 in parts and my time in labor.

In October I throw on Blizzak an roll out, even when it's -50* outside and snow up to your knees
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

89 Mustang coupe is the best hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    89 Mustang coupe is the best hands down.
    Really miss my '92 LX 5.0 that I had back in 1997. Bought it with 5,200 Km's on it, drove it daily (including winters) and sold it 7 years later with 150,000 for 2k less than I paid for it. Those fox body cars were a lot of fun.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Really miss my '92 LX 5.0 that I had back in 1997. Bought it with 5,200 Km's on it, drove it daily (including winters) and sold it 7 years later with 150,000 for 2k less than I paid for it. Those fox body cars were a lot of fun.
    89 coupe joke went way over your head...

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post

do an 03/04 cobra.

I've been daily driving my 2004 cobra 'vert for almost 15 years and it's been rock solid. Ported/pullied/intake/exhaust/tune. About 275k kms on it and aside from tires/oil/brakes all I've had to do for maintenance is throw-out bearing x3 (they eat TOBs), rear hub (forgot to tighten axle nut, oops), front driver spindle and rear pinion seal. So about $1,000 in parts and my time in labor.

In October I throw on Blizzak an roll out, even when it's -50* outside and snow up to your knees
    Yeah, the OP would have a lot of fun with a Terminator. Plus it loves mods so when it gets less exciting, spend a bit on parts an go faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Mustang is all about sound and feelings. V8 is best for sounds and feelings.
    Turbo engines are awesome, but, in a mustang..... Nah.
    If you’re really cool, a turbo plus a V8 in a Mustang chassis is totally the way to go!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Probably not.
    We all know The_Rural_Juror is the class clown but regardless Fox body's are fun.

On another note, all my replies on here are serious OP. Terminator, or higher revving Mustang option. Do that and you won't regret it. Otherwise, you'll be bored fast.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    lol, I've never been the brightest brick on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This car is still for sale? Wow. Been keeping an eye on the Cobra market, would love to get another. as for OP, either get a Coyote Stang or save up if you want newer. That budget you could easily get one. Look for one with the upgraded Recaro interior and track pack for extra smiles. If you prefer the "New Edge" SN-95 style (99-04) you can also look at a Bullit or Mach 1, and for your budget get a great example car. I've owned 4 Mustang models, currently still have my Foxbody. Best bang for your buck though is the new 5.0. I believe it was 2018 they bumped the power output as well? Either way, I may be biased but you cant go wrong with an 8cyl Stang!

- - - Updated - - -

do an 03/04 cobra.

275k kms?? Damn that's impressive! Glad to see your getting your money's worth, that has gotta be one of the highest mileage Cobra cars out there. Always wondered what its like driving a vert in winter, especially a soft top.

My Ride
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    275k kms?? Damn that's impressive! Glad to see your getting your money's worth, that has gotta be one of the highest mileage Cobra cars out there. Always wondered what its like driving a vert in winter, especially a soft top.
    Some guy on the forums has 400+k miles without any major work.

And believe it or not my car still has its original clutch; I don't know how I havn't had to change the clutch yet, especially since I'm not stock, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Soft top is fine, even when it's -50* outside. I can honestly say daily driving it through everything over the last 15 years I have never once wished I had a roof.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Some guy on the forums has 400+k miles without any major work.

And believe it or not my car still has its original clutch; I don't know how I havn't had to change the clutch yet, especially since I'm not stock, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Soft top is fine, even when it's -50* outside. I can honestly say daily driving it through everything over the last 15 years I have never once wished I had a roof.
    Saw you at Sobeys parking lot the other day. Was actually still surprised to see you still driving that thing. Was behind you in my raptor till you turned outta the lot.

Also, OP- I've seen some newer S550 5.0's for sale around the 22-25k mark. Not really holding their value too well it seems which is good for used car market I guess. An 11-14 5.0 is a good bet too. Especially if you can find a brembo package car.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Ya it's still near the top of my list... would be a perfect 40th birthday gift for myself and quite possibly the last car I ever buy (fun car anyways). Patiently waiting for deals after the world goes back to normal.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I had a 2013 GT Track Pack... Intake exhaust and a tune and that thing flew! Miss it every day......

Forgot to add - v8 or nothing!
    Last edited by riander5; 04-04-2020 at 01:33 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Saw you at Sobeys parking lot the other day. Was actually still surprised to see you still driving that thing. Was behind you in my raptor till you turned outta the lot.

Also, OP- I've seen some newer S550 5.0's for sale around the 22-25k mark. Not really holding their value too well it seems which is good for used car market I guess. An 11-14 5.0 is a good bet too. Especially if you can find a brembo package car.
    Every year I think about switching to a 13/14 GT500, but end up abandoning the idea because I just like the vibe of the 03/04s more even if they're slower, plus it's treated me well so I'd feel guilty about letting it go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2