Quantcast
Covid-19 : are you wearing a mask for ordinary outings? - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Wear a mask?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah baby

    39 23.35%
  • Nah baby

    128 76.65%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 212

Thread: Covid-19 : are you wearing a mask for ordinary outings?

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    '05 Cororra, '16 Rex
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What communities do you guys live in? Are the stores you're in mostly Asian or mixed?

    I just haven't noticed any at all in Airdrie... which isn't particularly diverse.
    I've seen a few here in Airdrie, hilariously alot of the time it's a husband and wife shopping together where wife is wearing the mask and husband isn't. IMO seems like alot of Airdrie isn't taking this seriously at all, most major places are still crazy busy.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #183
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0

    Default



    https://twitter.com/FlyYYC/status/12...982355463?s=20

    They need to start making it mandatory in grocery stores.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,348
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Canadian Tire on Southland this morning had zero masks, customers or staff. Walmart was at about 10% customers, and 100% staff.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    an econo box
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canadian Tire on Southland this morning had zero masks, customers or staff. Walmart was at about 10% customers, and 100% staff.
    I was at the Southport Superstore the other day and I'd say about 30% of the shoppers were wearing masks.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    W204
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Day 1 of phase one re-opening. For those that went out today for non-essentials, what % would you say are wearing masks?

    Back in March, wearing masks gets you lynched like you stole them from suffering seniors on their death beds. Fast forward two months, let's start a mask thread to buy cool masks. This is our humanity folks.


    As of May 24, 2020

    Yeah baby - 33, 22.45%
    Nah baby - 114, 77.55%

  7. #187
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,348
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Day 1 of phase one re-opening. For those that went out today for non-essentials, what % would you say are wearing masks?

    Back in March, wearing masks gets you lynched like you stole them from suffering seniors on their death beds. Fast forward two months, let's start a mask thread to buy cool masks. This is our humanity folks.
    Masks were scarce in March, and frontline health workers needed them more than anyone. Now they aren't scarce.

    Not exactly rocket science here.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,418
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Day 1 of phase one re-opening. For those that went out today for non-essentials, what % would you say are wearing masks?

    Back in March, wearing masks gets you lynched like you stole them from suffering seniors on their death beds. Fast forward two months, let's start a mask thread to buy cool masks. This is our humanity folks.
    Official standing went from you don't need a mask to may be you should wear one to full recommendation to wear one to protect others.

    Still weird to see someone wear one outdoor tho.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    calgary, alberta, canada
    My Ride
    Lezbox
    Posts
    5,479
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Been to Home Depot north hill a half dozen times over the last few weeks, maybe 15% wearing masks
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I wear a mask if I know there is going to be some sort of personal 1 on 1 interaction, and as a sign of respect/courtesy.

    Otherwise, I tend to stay 2 meters away from everyone and use hand sanitizer regularly if I'm just about doing my own business.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I’ve realized that you’re kind of a selfish asshole if you are at a business and not wearing one, either as an employee or a customer.

    If I think that my risk is high, I have the choice to stay inside, order groceries, avoid people, etc. And if I do go out, it’s easy to limit contact to a small number of people and keep the risk as low as possible. If I get gas and groceries, I might only have contact with 2 or 3 people. As long as they don’t have it, I’m probably ok.

    Staff don’t have that choice, and they have to be exposed to hundreds of people every day. If just one of those hundreds are infected, they have a pretty good chance of getting it, and there is nothing they can do about it. Their odds are dramatically higher than yours. Everyone wearing masks helps to minimize the risk to the staff.

    People wear masks to protect other people, not themselves. If you see someone wearing a mask, they’re doing you a favor. The least you can do is reciprocate. It’s not hard.

    If you’re out in public at a park or something, that’s probably a different discussion. Everyone is there by choice. Still a decent and neighborly thing to do, but nothing is forcing them to be exposed to you.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    TrackCock
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Speak for yourself, American. I wear a mask to protect myself and my Maxim model girlfriend.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    No longer Savage. :(
    Posts
    7,689
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speak for yourself, American. I wear a mask to protect myself and my Maxim model girlfriend.
    My girlfriend is not a maxim model, which is why I don't wear one.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins haggard face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one gives maritimers shit for culturally appropriating donairs.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Z
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't wear one because I don't want to
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,375
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Holy the media and government have people going crazy : Staten Islanders Kick Non-Masked Person Out of Grocery Store https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/state...ore-video/amp/

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    2,991
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My girlfriend is not a maxim model, which is why I don't wear one.
    That's not what you tell me.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy the media and government have people going crazy : Staten Islanders Kick Non-Masked Person Out of Grocery Store https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/state...ore-video/amp/
    This is society functioning as it should. Public shaming is sometimes necessary. NY has the most deaths in the US. Remember this is where bodies were found rotting in a van and a nurse committed suicide. They have like 20,000+ deaths. And I’ve learned from some friends who are from New York, they generally don’t fuck around and they are not subtle. They want this to be over more than anybody, and everybody not wearing a mask is getting in the way of that happening.

    Now she knows better than to attempt to go to the store without one, and so does everyone else there who saw the video.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,348
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My girlfriend is not a maxim model, which is why I don't wear one.
    What about your wife?

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    No longer Savage. :(
    Posts
    7,689
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about your wife?
    Unlike @killramos , I like her to be in the house.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins haggard face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one gives maritimers shit for culturally appropriating donairs.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,418
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy the media and government have people going crazy : Staten Islanders Kick Non-Masked Person Out of Grocery Store https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/state...ore-video/amp/
    Some days I really wish to know how people REALLY were when they went thru ww2. They must be hiding something that were skipped in history books or documentaries that show more unity than this.

    I am pretty sure we wont survive ww3 with how people acts today.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. COVID-19 Mortgage Payment Relief: What’s Available to You

    By TimLacroix in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 50
    Latest Threads: 03-31-2020, 01:08 PM
  2. What gear were you wearing when you went down?

    By jdmXSI in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 06-13-2011, 11:51 PM
  3. (US) Wearing Monkey mask to avoid photo radar

    By 240SX92 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
  4. Corporate outings/events

    By gonefishing in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 05-15-2008, 01:37 PM
  5. Where were your last three outings?

    By Ice712 in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 42
    Latest Threads: 07-09-2007, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •