Quantcast
Big Monitor Recommendation - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Big Monitor Recommendation

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Default Big Monitor Recommendation

Heyo. I need a big monitor under $2k for mostly productivity work, photos, some videos, and a little bit of gaming (Freesync).
    The dimensions of the Samsung RG90 is too weird. So I am looking for probably a 43" setup.

Getting close to pulling the trigger on Asus XG438Q knowing that there's some cleartype fix for fonts.
    Dell U4320Q won't be delivered for over a month. Other wise I might go with that.

Are there any suggestions from the pros here?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I have a 34" MSI Ultrawide and quite like it. Though being 21:9 some games don't support it well (black bars on the sides) and others will run a bit slower because the high resolution (3440x1440) so you need a good GPU. But either way I still love it. Huge amount of real estate and lots of room to have windows side by side.

https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-Non-Glare-.../dp/B07G5FCR6X

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just my 2 cents but there is no way I could do work on something that big... 43 inch computer monitor? Maybe if it was one of those crazy widescreen things but just a big wall in front of my face, I would be burnt out from looking at it after an hour.

I feel like the 27-32 is the sweet spot here.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4Runner

I have been using Dell U3419W, I really like it, wish i went with a 38" ultra wide though, but nothing bigger.

My Ride

I already have a Samsung 34 and it is a bit too small for me. I don't like the aspect ratio of the 49. It needs to be taller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Just my 2 cents.
    I always appreciate your 2 cents, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I have a 34" MSI Ultrawide and quite like it. Though being 21:9 some games don't support it well (black bars on the sides) and others will run a bit slower because the high resolution (3440x1440) so you need a good GPU. But either way I still love it. Huge amount of real estate and lots of room to have windows side by side.

https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-Non-Glare-.../dp/B07G5FCR6X
    I have a 5700 XT. Would have preferred Nvidia, but thought that I was going to stick with the Sammy 49".
    Isn't 8ms kind of slow for gaming?

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Bumpity, bump bump. Somewhat related when I searched. Wife is looking for new monitors for work. She is looking for 2 - 24" to 27". She implements ERP systems if that means anything to anyone. Any recommendations. Nothing crazy expensive.

Or would it be similar to get one big monitor? I don't work with computers daily so don't know.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Buy two of whatever dell sells cheapest?

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Currently on sale. Doesn’t sound like she needs much more than a basic office monitor to me?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Silverado

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Just my 2 cents but there is no way I could do work on something that big... 43 inch computer monitor? Maybe if it was one of those crazy widescreen things but just a big wall in front of my face, I would be burnt out from looking at it after an hour.

I feel like the 27-32 is the sweet spot here.
    I think it's personal preference. I have 4 monitors hooked up but not wide screen becuase I want to be able to maximize a window or two onto a certain monitor.

I don't need 4 but

LEFT = Things I need to have open on the screen when working, just a big pain in the ass re-opening it every minute.
    MAIN (4K Which I reduced the Resolution on to 2k) The Main monitor I'm looking at most of the time.
    RIGHT - If I want to surf the net or reply to messages.
    TOP - Videos

I purchased this for a 4k to have more screen space and be able to have more windows open but the text was so small on 4k and a 32' that I had to change the resolution so the text would be larger.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was $500 before then up to $650 now at $550

I'd wear Blue light blocking glasses though (Super cheap) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and they help a ton.

I think resolution is key, if ur going to get a 4k monitor it has to be over 40' or the fonts are small, if ur at 32' get a 2k monitor (Don't get a 1920 X 1080 or its the exact same space you see on a 23' as on a 27' or 32' anyways only thing it does it make the text larger, you don't have more room to see more things at once anyways)

With 4k and 32' I can read the text but it's just small I don't feel like dealing with reading small text but that's my personal preference.

Yes I know my eyes will still be bad in the future though.

Try to look away from the screen as much as you can as well, i think it's said to look away every minute or something to not hurt your eyes.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I have a 34" ultra wide and love it but I regret not having a second monitor. Whenever I upgrade or move I think I'd grab a 24"/27" to move above it as there's lots of windows I don't actively use but still want open.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

At work I use 2 24” @1080 P 100% scaling, at home I have a single 27” 4k @125% scaling.

I’m pretty indifferent between the 2 setups, I kindof like the super high dpi for spreadsheets actually.

fact.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    I think it's personal preference. I have 4 monitors hooked up but not wide screen becuase I want to be able to maximize a window or two onto a certain monitor.

I don't need 4 but

LEFT = Things I need to have open on the screen when working, just a big pain in the ass re-opening it every minute.
    MAIN (4K Which I reduced the Resolution on to 2k) The Main monitor I'm looking at most of the time.
    RIGHT - If I want to surf the net or reply to messages.
    TOP - Videos

I purchased this for a 4k to have more screen space and be able to have more windows open but the text was so small on 4k and a 32' that I had to change the resolution so the text would be larger.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was $500 before then up to $650 now at $550

I'd wear Blue light blocking glasses though (Super cheap) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and they help a ton.

I think resolution is key, if ur going to get a 4k monitor it has to be over 40' or the fonts are small, if ur at 32' get a 2k monitor (Don't get a 1920 X 1080 or its the exact same space you see on a 23' as on a 27' or 32' anyways only thing it does it make the text larger, you don't have more room to see more things at once anyways)

With 4k and 32' I can read the text but it's just small I don't feel like dealing with reading small text but that's my personal preference.

Yes I know my eyes will still be bad in the future though.

Try to look away from the screen as much as you can as well, i think it's said to look away every minute or something to not hurt your eyes.
    Not to derail the thread. But can you show us how they are connected? Is it done via a Docking station?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

1x 5120x1440 is way better than 2x 2560x1440 imo. If you can afford it, go for a DQHD. Lots of options from Dell, Samsung etc.

I'm running a CRG90 and it's excellent. Combine that with powertoys for 'fancy zones' and you have a multitaskers dream.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Not to derail the thread. But can you show us how they are connected? Is it done via a Docking station?
    They are all setup via 1 video card (4 possible monitors)

I Could add another 2 I think if I wanted for the onboard video card but I have no need for more.

I'll try to take a picture later on, it's not the cleanest setup, I used to use 1920 X 1080 monitors and always wanted a newer one but was to cheap to know about the difference in resolution.

Just need to get a videocard that allows 4 monitors. Here is how it looks in Display settings though.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

If I try to play a game or what not I can make it start on the primary Monitor (Middle one) or on another one I'm sure, but I'm not playing to many games.

It's smooth as well, Having Monitor 3 slightly lower then 1 ends allows for Monitor 4 to have the curser go to it quickly from Monitor 1 which makes life easier too.

EDIT: Also if u hold the windows Icon key plus use an arrow it can make your windows half the size or even a quarter of the size of the monitor.

It might just be personal preference but I like it like this much more than a wide screen monitor.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Update: wife said no to 1 large monitor. Will pick up 2 Asus or BenQ sometime next week. She is dead set on something with "eyecare" or something that claimed to be better for your eyes.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Wife ended up buying 2 - Asus VG245HY. Everything seems so similar. I'm sure they will be fine for her.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Wife ended up buying 2 - Asus VG245HY. Everything seems so similar. I'm sure they will be fine for her.
    pretty standard for erp devs. Its not like you would care about color accuracy or lag anyway. Some prefer one in portrait mode tho, if your wfe is one of them, make sure screen rotates or you may have to make sure it got vesa mount for custom mounting solution.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Update: wife said no to 1 large monitor. Will pick up 2 Asus or BenQ sometime next week. She is dead set on something with "eyecare" or something that claimed to be better for your eyes.
    Windows has that night mode built in. Basically reduces the blue light. Long term damage not really proven but I do feel less eye fatigue.